bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Nov 13, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by flood99 on Nov 13, 11 3:15 AM
Just as I start the game it crashes!! help please.

cgibson856
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Post any The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cgibson856 on Nov 13, 11 3:30 AM
Got to the lock with the rose & sword. After I place them, nothing. Can't pick up any of the other pieces to place them.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Nov 13, 11 4:55 AM
The game does not start well. Hangs up on the introduction video and I can't get the controls to work. For some reason it takes an age to change screens but is a little better when the game starts. Not sure I want to buy this as it seems to not like my computer for some reason. Seemed an interesting game though but only got to play it for 10 mins before giving up.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Nov 13, 11 5:23 AM
I'm running Win 7 and also having major problems. The game goes through the opening cutscene and then I get that Error Access violation error. I can usually bypass this error, by opening the game from my hard drive, not using the game manager, but this time, it happens either way.

I've gone through changing my display settings, updating my GeForce driver, deinstall/reinstall Adobe and ActiveX, am now attempting to re-install game to see if the solutions offered in the help section will resolve. MAJOR FRUSTRATION.. this happens way too often..

Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Nov 13, 11 5:32 AM
cgibson856 wrote:Got to the lock with the rose & sword. After I place them, nothing. Can't pick up any of the other pieces to place them.

I can place the objects, but can't get any to rotate into place.

After exiting game and returning, rotation of elements worked just fine.

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 5:52:13 AM PST

tbag1908
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tbag1908 on Nov 13, 11 6:16 AM
Im am not even getting into the game after downloading it says time has expired???? before stepping one foot in it????

Any advise would be great please!!

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 6:18:24 AM PST

beejay71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by beejay71 on Nov 13, 11 7:11 AM
I too cannot pick up the border and leaves at the lock with the rose and sword.

beejay71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by beejay71 on Nov 13, 11 7:16 AM
I don't think I'll buy this one unless the technical problems are corrected. Besides, I hate the games that offer "sample" versions" . Often the full versions are a disappointment.

[Post New]by BrownEyedTigre on Nov 13, 11 7:22 AM
As pointed out in the strategy guide tips, you will not be able to do a puzzle till you find the clue for it. The rose is not a techical issue, you need to:

You need to go back to the room with the refrigerator and examine the picture on the wall to get the clue in your journal. Then you can do the puzzle.

Ana

[Post New]by ladywuf on Nov 13, 11 7:22 AM
tbag1908 wrote:Im am not even getting into the game after downloading it says time has expired???? before stepping one foot in it????

the game downloaded ok but took forever to activate,when it finally did I got the exact same message?! I uninstalled it and am going to try again...

[Post New]by momn8or on Nov 13, 11 7:36 AM
tbag1908 wrote:Im am not even getting into the game after downloading it says time has expired???? before stepping one foot in it????

Me too!

Oops! I just checked the game manager and it shows 60 minutes on the trial. Hmm

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 7:37:45 AM PST

[Post New]by ladywuf on Nov 13, 11 7:53 AM
worked the second time around...hopefully I won't have any more issues with the game

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Nov 13, 11 8:26 AM
i bought the game, after entering the mansion and talk to the boy *uncle) the whole game froze, had to shut down the computer and start the game. now i passed that scene but the game is running very slow now

NYDanielle
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by NYDanielle on Nov 13, 11 9:02 AM
I just played the demo, and love it. I plan on purchasing, but many times, I have no problem with demo and then after I purchase, I get all sorts of errors, and end up with a refund. I don't want to go through that again, Has anyone had problems after purchasing that they didn't have with the demo? If not, it's a definite buy for me!

Thanks much.

Danielle

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 13, 11 9:52 AM
Tbag1908,

I have downloaded a trial before, and it said expired, even though I had never played it before.
I know it is a pain, but if you un-install and than re-install, the demo, it will give you your demo back hopefully, it worked for me, when I had that same issue.
Hope this helps

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Nov 13, 11 9:55 AM
i was playing fine this morning , but now i get error violations ,i've tried to start from hard drive & game manager ,.please help

franroe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by franroe on Nov 13, 11 9:55 AM
game locks up not even half way through
what a mess for $13.99

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Nov 13, 11 2:20 PM
Bought the game and was playing fine. Stopped and exited the game and now when I try to go back in get Access Violation at OxCCCCCCCC Tried to read from OxCCCCCCCC) program terminated. Please fix this problem. I like the game but am very disappointed that I can not play any more. I had barely started the game when this happened.

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Nov 13, 11 2:50 PM
My download went fine. My problem is that the written dialog and instructions flicker and jump--can't be read easily. My first thought was to uninstall, but I'm not sure that the game will let me reinstall ??? I really think this is my kind of game, and all the great reviews had me ready to buy after the trial. SO, should I try the uninstall, reinstall ??? Help, please
Tink

Go to: