bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

The Mac version of Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Nov 13, 11 12:16 AM

Want to try the Mac version of this game? You can always check it out by going here. The game play for this game will be the same as the PC version so you can use this forum at any time to get some tips, or ask questions to the other Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition players.

Be sure to get in touch with our tech support if you need technical assistance for your Mac game, through our Webform or if you’re a Game Club Member, by connecting to our Live Chat. If you want to find answers online you can take a look at the Mac Game Errors help article.

Please click on the FAQ link to the right side of this page if you want to learn more on how to use the forums.

Happy Gaming!

bfgKenai

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by snookataylor on Nov 13, 11 6:56 AM
Game doesn't work. Where the speech, hints etc are suppose to be - nothing but white blocks, same when trying to enter player name as well. Glad I haven't bought it. Any chance this can be fixed. I have a Mac OS X Lion, Version 10.7.2.
Thanks

[Post New]by broadwaycat on Nov 13, 11 7:02 AM
Same problem with white blocks where there should be dialogue. I have 10.6.8.

meinnit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by meinnit on Nov 13, 11 12:29 PM
I am trying to put the pieces back on the picture in the bedroom which you have to right-click to turn. On the mac right-click is ctrl but its not working - I have tried everything to get the pieces to turn - what am I doing wrong?

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Nov 13, 11 3:50 PM
I have Lion running and had no problem with this game (which is fabulous). I've found though that you need to have all the Adobe products at the current version and also it seems like Stuffit Expander for some games. At least after I downloaded that I could play one game that was forcing me to cold boot my computer. So I'd say update all and this should run beautifully.

[Post New]by brobbins on Nov 13, 11 3:57 PM
Same problem - dialogue and other blocks are blank. I have Mac OS 4 which the game is rated for. Sure would like to play.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Nov 13, 11 9:41 PM
Screen comes up to start game, and continues to "Player" log-in, but with blank white lines instead. Blocks of white and black where text should go, everywhere, making it impossible to play game. 10.6.8

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 5:32:01 PM PST

[Post New]by sardineontoast on Nov 14, 11 2:04 AM
We need an update for this game! I am also getting white squares instead of text. Am running 10.6.8.

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Nov 14, 11 4:12 AM
I can't right click even if I use ctrl click nothing happens on the picture puzzle. A pretty basic error or am I missing something?

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Nov 14, 11 6:42 PM
I'm also getting white spaces on the game. I increased my screen resolution. That solved the problem on the start up screens but the problem reoccurred when the game started. I'm running OSX10.6.8.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 15, 11 8:17 AM
Those getting the white spaces in this game - it could be your graphics card that is installed on your Mac. Those of us who have played and didn't have this issue have the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M card. You may want to check which card you have. Hopefully, the devs will fix the game so it works with all cards.

Edit: Someone else was able to get the white boxes to go away by playing in windowed mode.

Edited on 11/15/2011 at 1:34:16 PM PST

[Post New]by sardineontoast on Nov 16, 11 2:18 AM
Yeah, going into windowed mode cured the problem for me too. Thanks Vingilot ;-)

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Dec 10, 11 10:59 AM
Won't open. Tried everything BF suggested.

Go to: