cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 13 November 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 13, 11 12:28 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re:Todays DD 13 November 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by Barbara2001 on Nov 13, 11 12:33 AM
Yes. I get a blank screen but sound (music).

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Nov 13, 11 4:02 AM
Tried the demo for a few minutes. HDO Adventure is the developer. I'm not impressed with the game . I think I'll pass on this one.

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Nov 13, 11 5:48 AM
I might be the only person who likes HDO Adventure games. Maybe because I am not into HOA games as much as games where I just need to find hidden objects. I also like being timed because it is more of a challenge. If I run out of time in an HDO game I just try again until I succeed. I will buy this game at the DD $2.99 price and get an extra punch.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Nov 13, 11 6:11 AM
Another game by HDO? ? Do the letters stand for "How Dreadfully Odious"? Just wondering.

It's a no buy for me.

Classicaljazz

Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Nov 13, 11 6:58 AM
I truly don't understand why we keep getting these hdo games. I try and I just can't stand them. I don't like the navigation at all. I don't like the graphics. I don't like the gameplay-there's no interactiveness. It's just point and click. I couldn't stand the 15 minutes that I played. I wanted to like the game so that I could get an extra punch, but I just couldn't do it.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Nov 13, 11 7:51 AM
How are we suppose to get any bonus punches this weekend if we don't get any good games we want to buy...

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Nov 13, 11 10:21 AM
I tried it, didn't like it.

Here is why:

1. some to many of the objects are to hard to find, even with the use of a hint.
2. In American we have different names for things, so when I thought I knew what they wanted, it was wrong.
3. Even though you click on the correct object, if you don't click exactly where they want you to, it won't register. For example, I had to click and click on a seagull. I knew it was the right object, but on the exact pixel I guess. This happened a lot.

I wouldn't pay 50 cents for this game, let alone $3.00

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Nov 13, 11 11:02 AM
I really wanted to like this game -- maybe because everyone else hated it? But it was one senseless H0 after another. Usually there is a purpose to them, if only to get an object for another place. But there was no reason for any of these.

There was no reason given for anything. Most games would at least say "Someone tore this letter up!" But this just had the torn letter.

Great graphics. The H0 scenes could have fit into a great story. Maybe all HdO needs is a writer.

It had an educational component in it -- maybe I could have learned the fish shapes. But some of that was too easy (the map) and some ultra hard (the various navigational instruments?).

Cannot comment on music or sound. My dog barks at these, so I always mute.

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Nov 13, 11 11:27 AM
I also got a blank screen with music. Oh well, no extra punch for me today.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 13, 11 2:12 PM
Firstly I don't dislike HdO's gameplay as a whole. I have purchased from this Dev before. But there has to be something about the game that I enjoy to make it worth the extra effort. I demo-ed this game a few months ago. I spent 30 mins. abored (pun intended) the Nautilus endlessly clicking misnamed items. Sorry and Devs not even for an extra punch.
Happy Gaming All
BK

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Nov 13, 11 3:24 PM

Well luckily I hadn't bought the Catch of the Week until this weekend, because this is a no go for me. Navigation clumsy, no way to turn off timer. Sigh, I have to admit with the exceptions of games I already had, this weekend was a loss in my opinion. Good thing I pigged out last month.

caninebat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by caninebat on Nov 13, 11 3:53 PM
same as barbara blank screen with music

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Nov 13, 11 4:08 PM
Just played the full hour and found the game ... well, boring. The puzzles were ok but pretty easy and there wasn't enough of a HOG for me. I also don't think this is a very long game. I haven't checked to see if there is a walk through in which you can find out but, I think it's pretty short. So, no buy for me. I really wanted to get the extra punches but I'm not wasting money on something I don't think we would end up enjoying.

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Nov 18, 11 2:24 PM
I found this one of the most disappointing games I ever had on BFG. Slow, clumsy mechanism and frequent glitches (like having to click an object again and again to get it recognised); poor music; half the characters didn't even have a sketch, just a blank silhouette; the puzzles were immensely dull; half the games had no kind of information about what your objective was, and the rest were point and click target shooting; and as for wrongly named objects - failings on such obscure items as fish species I can forgive but when I'm told to look for tables and it turns out they mean paintings, or for a partition when the object is actually a sheet of music, I get cross. I also like to play on timed mode, but it was impossible on this because the glitches and the screwed up object lists slowed me down so much. Very poor indeed.

[Post New]by hilogogifts on Mar 14, 14 11:04 PM
brookings wrote:I tried it, didn't like it.

Here is why:

1. some to many of the objects are to hard to find, even with the use of a hint.
2. In American we have different names for things, so when I thought I knew what they wanted, it was wrong.
3. Even though you click on the correct object, if you don't click exactly where they want you to, it won't register. For example, I had to click and click on a seagull. I knew it was the right object, but on the exact pixel I guess. This happened a lot.

I wouldn't pay 50 cents for this game, let alone $3.00

any comments about hilogogifts .com[b] ?

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 11:04:28 PM PST

Go to: