valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Mother's Letter

[Post New]by valeriepres on Nov 13, 11 1:07 AM
Has anyone found the letter? If so how do you get it?
I did the mini game exactly how the walkthrough tells you but it didn't give me the letter!

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Re:Mother's Letter

[Post New]by valeriepres on Nov 13, 11 1:40 AM
Am I the only big fish player that cannot find this wretched letter???

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 13, 11 12:48 PM
Huh, this is strange, I thought I replied in this thread yesterday - at least I answered this question somewhere - but I can't find my reply anymore...

Mother's letter is in the basement of Aunt Mildred's house. You get it after you've done the puzzle with the mirror.

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 12:49:45 PM PST

[Post New]by faceygirl on Nov 14, 11 11:01 AM
hello fellow gamers,do any of you know how you do the door puzzle to get mothers letter.I have tried clicking on everything and nothing happens!!!!
I have updated the game,so friends if you can help as I,m really stuck,have been enjoying the game up to this point. thankyou x

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 14, 11 1:03 PM
You need to place the strange part in the middle of the puzzle, the mirror to the right of it and the combination paper on the left. You then need to recreate the pattern of colors you can see in the mirror by clicking on the parts of the puzzle that need to change color.

Hortense
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Hortense on Nov 14, 11 8:03 PM
I have started over from the beginning three times. I got stuck on Mother's letter every time. I had no problem with painting the lions, but I remember when I was mixing ingredients There was a flash of the recipe with a plus, and I'm wondering if this is a step which, if missing, affects later issues. After reading about the letter being in the basement, I'm going back to see if I can make this work. I've found several places in the walkthrough where a crucial step has been omitted, i.e. putting the green medallions below the skull, in the slots, in order to get the blue button. I'm wondering if this is not another instance of omission. Also I'm wondering if it's possible to get to the basement if you haven't found the letter where they say you should. Wish me luck!

Hortense
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Hortense on Nov 14, 11 8:16 PM
Well, that didn't take long! I tried to continue withouth the letter, got outside and couldn't find Cousin Jim to as for his car. Back to the basement, investigated the bunch of torn (?) papers on the ground in front of the right of the safe. Nothing happens when I click on them. I have done everything with the colors, they match, but still no letter. Please help! Am I not understanding something I'm reading? I love this game, but it's driving me around the bend.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 14, 11 8:24 PM
Hm, how odd that so many people have a problem with this step. Sounds like something is going on there... It worked fine for me, but I didn't get my game from BFG.

However, I just checked the blog walkthrough, and it does describe the safe/letter thing correctly. Only thing I notice is that in the screen shot provided, the cursor is hovering over a slot that isn't colored in the image, but will turn yellow when you click it, according to the image in the mirror.

The letter *should* pop up as soon as you entered the colors as in the mirror, and I can't imagine you missed a crucial step earlier, as you wouldn't have been able to get to the basment and safe at all if you had!

Hortense
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Hortense on Nov 14, 11 10:08 PM
I finally got the letter! I HAD been looking and not seeing. As sat studying the completed safe (I thought), I became aware that there was a third color to be filled in, gold. I clicked on the spaces to match the mirror, and there was the letter. I hope this helps some of you who are still looking!

Go to: