blugamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Ladder in library

[Post New]by blugamer on Nov 13, 11 8:16 AM
I went to the walkthrough and it said to move the ladder. Ladder won't move. What am I doing wrong?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Ladder in library

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 13, 11 8:27 AM
I just clicked on the ladder, and it moved a little to the right.

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Nov 13, 11 8:26 PM
Mine did the same thing. Look at the placement of the ladder. At first it was directly in front of the bookcase. When you look at your ladder, is it still in front of the books or is it just to the right of the bookcase? If it is slightly to the right, then it is in the right place.

Now click on the bookcases and it should open up for you.

[Post New]by Lisawantstoknow on Nov 16, 11 1:07 PM
My ladder moved but I cannot open the library. I clicked everywhere and I don't see the the magnifying glass. I'm with MAC.
HELP

[Post New]by LAS_MAS on Nov 17, 11 6:12 PM
I am also having a problem with the ladder in the library. It moved slightly and then I could not get anything to respond. I'm wondering if my machine is too old and slow.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Nov 20, 11 11:20 AM
This game is touchy...you must move slowly.

Possible SPOILER ALERT:

The "Book Direction paper" is in the Study. You must "zoom in" on the fireplace. The paper is on the right side of the fireplace on the floor. After you read the letter, you must click directly on the little scrap of paper for it to go into inventory.

Go to the Library; click on the ladder (you do not have to move the ladder)
Click on the "book direction paper" in your inventory and place it to the left of the bookcase.
The books must be clicked on in a certain order....look at the walkthrough. That's what I did, because the "book direction paper" didn't do anything for me.

Good Luck.

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 11:22:00 AM PST

[Post New]by game_player4 on Nov 21, 11 9:06 AM
I have clicked on the ladder and it moved to the right, but I cannot open up the bookcase!!!

Zenus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Zenus on Dec 9, 11 10:20 AM
I too clicked on the ladder and it moved, but I couldn't get the book puzzle until I went back and actually picked up the paper with the clue. It appears that you must have the clue in inventory to get the puzzle to work. Also, you must actually click on each book in the pattern. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by valletta104 on Dec 23, 11 9:44 PM
The scrap of paper with the book directions is confusing. If the picture of the book is where to start, then the direction where the 1st arrow leads is upwards to the next shelf. Where does the next count begin? There is a 2 and a 5 on either side of the upward arrow!

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Dec 30, 11 5:31 PM
The walkthrough wasn't explicit enough in its directions . . . You don't actually click on every book in the sequence, but only the last book in each sequence - which will light up when clicked upon . . . So, click on the book with the fleur-de-lis, then go up two books & click on the second book; then you go over five books, & click on the fifth book, & so on . . . The bookcase with the ladder will start sparkling once you get the little piece of paper with the bookcase directions on it . . .

[Post New]by phoenixstar3 on Jan 9, 12 7:33 PM
The magnifying glass will not appear unless you have the little paper with the books sequence information in your inventory. Go back to the room with the fireplace, click on the fireplace and down to the right there is a large paper with a little one that has a number sequence. Click on the little one and make sure it goes to your inventory. As soon as you walk back into the library you will see two new sets of sparkling lights one in the center bookcase and one on the right one. Move the curser over the right sparkling lights and it will change ino a magnifying glass. Take the little paper out of inventory and follow the instructions. The lights on the center bookcase are for a hidden object scene. I hope this helps.

Go to: