bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Art Detective - Released on January 13, 2009

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 12, 09 11:00 PM
John Cromwell investigates high-profile theft for the FBI. He's on the trail of a shadowy figure known as "The Ghost"; an expert thief who steals fine paintings and replaces them with replicas so convincing that most people don't realize the originals have been burgled.
But John Cromwell isn`t most people. Through his eyes you will investigate the crime scenes, separate the real from the counterfeits, and piece together the puzzle to unmask The Ghost.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:Art Detective - Released on January 13, 2009

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jan 13, 09 1:08 PM
I really don't understand why so many people hate this game. O.K., it is not that original, and it has some annoying aspects (like the "e-mail" voice and the "find the last difference" pop-up persisting), but if you like the art (which I do) and don't outright hate "find-the-difference" games, it is a change of pace from the usual "room full of unrelated objects" HOG. I consider it more than enough amusement for the cost of a game credit.

An amusing aspect for me (since I speak German) is the fact that this game (which I gather was originally published in German) still has some German on some of the e-mails. ("Auftraggeber" means something like "sender of commission," and describes the sender in some e-mails.)

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

Re:Art Detective - Released on January 13, 2009

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 14, 09 4:24 PM
I agree, not a great challange but a change of pace. Also would be perfect for some puzzle solving youngsters I know.

Go to: