bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Art Detective forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 12, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Art Detective forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Art Detective players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Art Detective forum

[Post New]by kaylla00079 on Jan 13, 09 12:08 AM
Why isn't the hint button loading at all? I'm stuck on lvl 4 already and i have 1 more to find but I can't for the life of me see what it is and the hint wont load and if I random click it just keeps making me restart over and over

Noyfb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Noyfb on Jan 13, 09 12:19 AM
Don't really care for this one. Played less than 1/2 hour of trial.
I found the music depressing, the "You have email" voice annoying and
the popup "find the last difference" was distracting and also annoying.
However I do enjoy and appreciate the opportunity to try for an hour.
BFG is a great site.

[Post New]by plilrednick on Jan 13, 09 4:47 AM
I really love your hidden object games. But this one was terrible. If you allow stars on ratting I would most likely give it a zero. The music is awlful. The game itself stinks.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jan 13, 09 1:42 PM
First, Thank Goodness BFG gives you an opportunity to check out the games with the free hour trial. This game was a real BORE! If you like find the difference games, then maybe its for you but definately not for me. This is probably the first time I couldn't wait for the hour to be up. The "You have email" voice was very annoying and the popup "find the last difference" made you lose your train of thought. Definately won't be purchasing this one. I really hope a good HOG is out there in our future....really jonesing for a good game.

[Post New]by antannie on Jan 13, 09 1:58 PM
I heartily concur on the lack of interest in this game. BF has had such good games that I guess they are allowed a stinker every now and then. I too am glad for the free play time, I sure would not want to waste my money on this one. Please give this one a "0"

[Post New]by Betty79 on Jan 13, 09 5:52 PM
Yeah this one's a dud. I played for 5 minutes and quit. Oh well!

[Post New]by grshppr75 on Jan 13, 09 6:51 PM
Betty79 wrote:Yeah this one's a dud. I played for 5 minutes and quit. Oh well!

Same here!!

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on Jan 15, 09 10:31 AM
Like many others on the forum, I found this game lacking also. The "you've got email" couldn't have been more annoying. I'm a total addict to the HO games, but this one doesn't fall into that category in my book. I also agree with the others about the bubble popping up to "find the last difference". Thank goodness for the free trial period. I've got a feeling this game won't go over very well all around.

simlady40
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

I love this game!

[Post New]by simlady40 on Jan 18, 09 4:34 AM
Hi

I cant believe everyone hates this game - I LOVE it i buy about 5/6 games a month from Big Fish and have most of the hidden object games - anyone know where there are any similiar games like this? Also anyone know when the next mystery case files is out?

Thanks

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jan 18, 09 8:37 PM
I was really disappointed by this one. How can they even classify this as an HOG?? All it really seems to be is a puzzle game-just the spot the differences, figure out the correct formula, etc. Has anyone come across where you acutally look for hidden items? I dumped this in the trash before I even finished my trial period, something I rarely do. If you want spot the differences, play the newest Mystery P.I. game (the New York Fortune). After you find 25 magnifying glasses you unlock the unlimited "spot the differences" section. I haven't done it yet but I am almost there.

keximo
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by keximo on Jan 19, 09 1:56 AM
Hi,
bought the game couple of weeks ago. Found it boring, especially the paintings. Wrote to BGF for something more ART of Paintings.

Must say that I'm better aquainted with the game now, and kind of like it. Type of paintings change when you go along. The music is not to my liking. Closing the loudspeaker volume.
The HINT button recharges itself. When the green circle around it completes.
But the detective narrator. Give me a break. Is he from the Wild West? Has nothing artsy about him.
keximo

[Post New]by goldie01 on Jan 22, 09 6:09 PM
I tried the 60 min trial and thought the game seemed different so I bought it. I am way up to lvl 2 and I don't know how I finished lvl1!!
What is the purpose? It seems like I just keep playing the mini-games over and over......
Would someone please take the time to explain how to play it? Most of the games are usually pretty easy to figure out and believe me I have a lot of games, however; this one explains zilch.

Thanks

[Post New]by pepperrat on Jan 23, 09 8:45 PM
This game is repeating itself to oblivion. What started out as "fun" is now pure agony. Make it stop! please! Nothing new in hours, the puzzles just get more impossible to solve. The story line, lame. I give in, not give up, You won I can no longer endure the endless mental repetetion. I might as well play solitaire.

redburn1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by redburn1 on Jan 25, 09 7:26 AM
I tried this for less than 5 minutes, and although it is not the worst game out there it is a strong contender! i put it in the trash straight away.

[Post New]by hottrnhel on Jan 28, 09 12:41 PM
[b] Can anyone tell me how to tell if ive beat the game.....lol i have 21 emails is that it i found the suspect it cant be over already .....please help me out

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Jan 28, 09 2:29 PM
The game is not great but is does get better as you go along. In my opinion the demo time would not have given a good sense of the game

lwoodard
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lwoodard on Feb 25, 09 2:42 PM
I played the demo, If you like fide the differeces then this is the game for you.. hard to see some of the differences,

Candukay
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,319 Posts

[Post New]by Candukay on Apr 23, 09 9:05 PM
Well, I am not a fan of this game as I did find it on the boring side. I would love to see a TM, Strategy or HOG that gives us assignments much like the emails in this game.

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Nov 8, 09 7:22 PM
Most people here are missing the point of the game. It's NOT a HOG! It's a "spot-the-difference" game and for those of us who like them, I think it's great. Yes, the "you've got an e-mail" is annoying, but I don't think it detracts at all. Unlike most people above, I get bored with the **** aspects of **** games and always look forward to the spot the difference parts.

For those of you out there that like the "spot-the-difference" games, I really recommend this one (thanks again to Howatch who steered me to it.) It's got some great art and enough challenges to make it worth $6.99.

Go to: