bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Relics: Dark Hours

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 14, 11 12:05 AM
Help Matthew Hunter break a curse in Relics: Dark Hours! The terrifying curse has already taken his family and he’s next… unless he’s able to track down the ancient artifacts. Help him explore a haunted High School and find the Relics that are now scattered, after his father sold them. Interact with the dead to get helpful hints and clues in this incredible Adventure game. Save Matthew Hunter’s life in Relics: Dark Hours!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

Re:Relics: Dark Hours

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Nov 14, 11 12:18 AM
OMG, an ADVENTURE GAME!!! I am sooo excited!! Hopefully its awesome although I can't test drive it til tomorrow. YAY

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Nov 14, 11 12:24 AM
lots and lots of talking...and if english is not your first language...they talk pretty fast
and mumble

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 14, 11 12:27 AM
Yes, a lot of talking. Played for 10 minutes and delete. I was walking around and don't know what to do.

Maybe I try later again.

jenkast
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by jenkast on Nov 14, 11 12:36 AM
Finally! I've been waiting since September for this game to come out here.

It's sort of a mix between Yoomurjak's Ring, Casebook and Delaware St. John (it's from the same creator of the series). I love games like this, the interactive movie types. The acting and narration is fairly good, the scenes are clear and the plot is interesting.

I would suggest downloading the trial version before purchasing. These types of games are not everyone's cup of tea.

Now off to play!

*edited to add more info*

-This is a very slow paced game. You will be traveling all over the school, they provide a map to help with that. There is a great deal of conversation, some reading and interacting with the environment. The notes section helps the main character (you) keep track of tasks.

This is an adventure game and requires a great deal of patience. The only complaint I have is maneuvering around each scene. It's too easy to miss something. Other than that, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Edited on 11/14/2011 at 6:35:29 PM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 14, 11 12:57 AM
Was really looking forwards to this game, but after 30 mins I quit.
Too much talking, and found I was just going around in circles.
Would prefer to be able to zoom in and out of close up shots, because you can't see which way to go, I found it was really difficult trying to get out of a scene...so I gave up.
I'm not great at adventure games anyway, but found this one annoying.
Takes a lot to live up to LFGs games like Syberia...

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Nov 14, 11 1:05 AM
I played for about 20 minutes and found this game sooo frustrating. It's a LOT of talking/reading and clicking...wandering around in circles unsure of what to do.. map doesn't seem very helpful to figure out your location precisely. I won't be buying this. No **** scenes so far...blah.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 14, 11 1:06 AM
jenkast wrote:Finally! I've been waiting since September for this game to come out here.

It's sort of a mix between Yoomurjak's Ring, Casebook and Delaware St. John (it's from the same creator of the series). I love games like this, the interactive movie types. The acting and narration is fairly good, the scenes are clear and the plot is interesting.

I would suggest downloading the trial version before purchasing. These types of games are not everyone's cup of tea.

Now off to play!

Yes! This is a recent first release from September so, I'm actually pretty surprised its already here in bargain basement land.

Good deal! Free for a coupon punch!

Edited on 11/14/2011 at 1:56:31 AM PST

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Nov 14, 11 1:53 AM
Not my kind of game. I always find myself walking around in circles not knowing where to go or what to do. Stopped after 20 mins. or so cause I was just plain stuck. I would rate it a 3 out of 10.

[Post New]by bellamina1957 on Nov 14, 11 2:04 AM
I really tried to like this game, but I kept getting lost in the high school. I just couldn't figure out the map and my movements. I did like the story and the dialog didn't bother me, I was actually into that part and I thought the actors were good and the visuals were good, just felt frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to use the map. I felt blind, dumb, and stupid. So, I won't buy a game that makes me feel so handicapped. This game would require an extensive walkthrough and a german shepherd dog to get me thru it. For those of you that enjoy this type of game, and know how to navigate from place to place, my hats off to you.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Nov 14, 11 2:39 AM
I couldn't get out of front hall and find uniform. After 10 min I'm done. It's a no buy for me.

bigfisherz
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bigfisherz on Nov 14, 11 3:41 AM
I'm just stuck trying to figure our where the bloody "spring" is I need for the coffee pot.......guess I'm using up my free hour searching for this thing.....

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Nov 14, 11 4:07 AM
Hello fishies, I really wanted to play this game.

But: I am German and the dialog is too fast. I can not read and translate from English to German that fast. Maybe I am too stupig but I can not play games with this style. Staring at walls is not what I want to do. ;-) Sorry, not for me. Nevertheless, happy gaming

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 14, 11 4:50 AM
wow! There is 30 min of my life I will never get back!! I found the uniform they ask for but after that couldn't find a way out of the hall I have read every poster, found the painting, talked to the grumpy teacher and walked in circles trying to go anywhere else. I give up!
I was very excited about this when it started. So life like! Now I am horribly disappointed and feeling a bit stupid for not being able to find a way out of that hall. I only have 1 hour before work every day to play here and won't waste any more of it trying to get out of that school!

lelabelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lelabelle on Nov 14, 11 4:58 AM

I am using all the trial time just getting lost and going in circles. Was there an option to use a tutorial? A strategy guide would be most useful.

snuffalump
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,278 Posts

[Post New]by snuffalump on Nov 14, 11 5:35 AM
Erm.. well what can I say - spent ages going round in circles... eventually found the uniform and spoke to my Dad in the mirror... and then I got so dizzy going round in circles I gave up

Definately a No No for me.... hope though that other fishies enjoy

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 14, 11 5:52 AM
If this is BFs idea of an adventure game, I quit. This wa one of the worst adventure games I've ever seen. Played for 15 min. and quit, yuk!!!. Try getting a REAL Adventure game next time.

nabsuc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

[Post New]by nabsuc on Nov 14, 11 5:57 AM
bratzgram wrote:wow! There is 30 min of my life I will never get back!! I found the uniform they ask for but after that couldn't find a way out of the hall I have read every poster, found the painting, talked to the grumpy teacher and walked in circles trying to go anywhere else. I give up!
I was very excited about this when it started. So life like! Now I am horribly disappointed and feeling a bit stupid for not being able to find a way out of that hall. I only have 1 hour before work every day to play here and won't waste any more of it trying to get out of that school!

I agree with you I only got to talk to the teacher and he was a grumpy so & so everywhere I went either the doors were locked, or doorways blocked, I wish I hadn't tried the game now as I hate it if I think the game as beaten me of what I am supposed to do next I bet it turns out a good game I just don't know if I should buy the game now in case I end up ripping my hair out LoL! but I do like a challenge I might wait and read more reviews before I do first I do have a game coupon to use up though and at the moment there isn't a lot of good choice of games to go for only collectors editions

[Post New]by Ashleaves on Nov 14, 11 12:32 PM
This game would be great for people who like staring at walls and walking in circles! Totally mindnumbing.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Nov 14, 11 1:29 PM
Finding it hard to type as my head is spinning from all the circles I have walked.LOL
Not a buy for sure.

Go to: