bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Youda Mystery: The Stanwick Legacy technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 15, 11 12:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Youda Mystery: The Stanwick Legacy technical issues here only

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 15, 11 4:00 AM
is it a bug?
i am stuck on an hidden object scene where it is asked glasses,so i was searching ....glasses and don't find any nowhere on screen,so i try hint button,and it show me a spray and i can't do anything now(i can't take it,it is not what is asked!)
has somebody same bug?i'm in grandpa study,i have found little box,opened it,but as i can't finish the hidden object scene,an item will be missing now!

[Post New]by Chiyo626 on Nov 15, 11 4:09 AM
Hi, edmee1947!

I have same problem too!
I'm in sewing room and HOS, required glassess, but there are no glasses.

So I use hint button, but it sparkles a spray can which says "protection".

Please, somebody help!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Nov 15, 11 4:26 AM
Game opened to white screen, changed to black screen, went to brick driveway with house at end of it, a lot of thunder (excellent sound effects!) and then back to black screen. Couldn't play it, tried to escape, couldn't do that so had to CtlAltDel to get out. I've uninstalled and more than likely will not re-install due to the above problem. After reading some reviews I looked forward to the demo but unfortunately the game will not load properly for me. I have Vista, 64-bit and usually have no problems with any game regardless of size.

Faylyn

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Nov 15, 11 4:31 AM
After the game installed, Half of the title page appeared very enlarged on the right half of the screen. The left side of the screen remained black. Had to turn off computer to get out. This is the second game this has happened to me with.

SoManyCrimes
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by SoManyCrimes on Nov 15, 11 5:09 AM
Sorry I should have looked here first, instead of starting a new thread. But I wasn't sure it was a bug.

I also got stuck in the sewing room scene looking for glasses. Has anyone got past this? Are the item lists random, so some people are lucky enough to avoid this bug? Or is it actually there but with a minuscule clickable area?

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 15, 11 5:46 AM
no,it is a bug!i looked with magnifying glass all around the spray can,and there is no glasses!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 15, 11 5:49 AM
no it is a bug:i used a magnifying glass to look all around this damned spray can,and no glasses!i think i 'll try to play from beginning with other identity,and see if the objects to find are differents:it is the only way that could allow us to play the game to the end

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Nov 15, 11 6:36 AM
for all fishes who had "glasses" bug,you can play again the game with other identity:it is not the same things you have to find in hidden objects scene second time!

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Nov 15, 11 7:03 AM
I have the same "glasses" problem. I wonder if we wait long enough there will be a fix for it and we can continue the game from where we are. Seems kind of boring to have to go through everything again.

Anyone know who to ask about this?

marigold

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Nov 15, 11 8:12 AM
I was playing the game on & off (I cannot play a game all through without a break) & had no problems until I was 80 minutes in when my computer shut down totally.

When I re-started all my progress had been lost (including the earlier save games)

Will have to get CS to have a look & see what the problem is but what a disappointment, I was enjoying the game.

ETA in another thread someone mentioned that they would like to know what OS is in use if there is a technical problem so just adding that I am on Win7 64-bit. Unfortunately even with CS helping me out I could not get the game to run again; it simply shut down my pc every time I got to the first screen so I won't get to finish it. What a shame

Edited on 11/16/2011 at 12:10:58 PM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Nov 15, 11 9:21 AM
I have tried at least 3 times to get the game to launch. It will not open. All I get is 2 game managers on my screen and minutes are subtracted while I am waiting for the game to start. This has NEVER happened to me before. Games have always started after downloading. Guess I won't be trying out this game.

bigfisherz
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bigfisherz on Nov 15, 11 10:38 AM
I am also stuck at the sewing table, there are "NO GLASSES!"

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Nov 15, 11 10:47 AM
I have never had a problem like this with a game before. When I try to start it, I get a 3/4 screen with the title across the top and a white screen. After waiting a bit, it flashes out even though the game stays in my task bar and my computer freezes for a couple of moments. When I use task manager to close the game, it says the program is not responding and closes it.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it with the same problem when I tried to start it. After closing the first time, I had 59 minutes remaining and after the second time, I had 58 minutes remaining even though it was supposedly not responding.

Feistey5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Feistey5 on Nov 15, 11 10:58 AM
Chiyo626 wrote:Hi, edmee1947!

I have same problem too!
I'm in sewing room and HOS, required glassess, but there are no glasses.

So I use hint button, but it sparkles a spray can which says "protection".

Please, somebody help!

giam1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by giam1 on Nov 15, 11 11:30 AM
screen starts flashing on and off????????????? how do i fix that???

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 15, 11 12:15 PM
giam1 wrote:screen starts flashing on and off????????????? how do i fix that???

Go on-line and check to see if there is an update for your graphics card driver.

If you know the brand, just go to their website.

You can also find some help in this article:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Nov 15, 11 4:09 PM
...I am in the sewing room and cannot find glasses...the hint shows the spray can but cannot get any glasses..cannot see them anywhere in this scene.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 15, 11 5:43 PM
Hi fishies,

I've got great news! We've just released a new build for this game that addresses the issue in the sewing room with the glasses.

ETA: Instead of making it easier to find them, it appears that the glasses are no longer on the list of items.

Also, you may need to start over with a new player profile in order for the changes to take effect.

You can click on the above link for more information.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 11/16/2011 at 12:37:57 PM PST

[Post New]by himart on Nov 15, 11 6:18 PM
Have the same problem with the glasses in sewing room. Uninstalled and reinstallled. The same HOG scene came up, but this time I had a crowbar in my inventory. There was no list with "glasses", but I was not able to leave the scene. It froze on the **** scene and I can't go anywhere.

Go to: