bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Be Rich - New Version Available Today, January 13th

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jan 13, 09 9:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

We have a new build of Be Rich available on the website right now. This should correct the errors users are experiencing with the game. To get the new version, simply uninstall the game from your computer and then reinstall the game from your purchase history under the My Account tab on our website. For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

Edited on 01/19/2009 at 12:22:34 PM PST

Re:Be Rich - New Version Available Today, January 13th

[Post New]by billsc4 on Jan 13, 09 10:19 AM
I downloaded the new version and it is still messing up in the same spot. Is there a patch for this.

[Post New]by butterfly28 on Jan 13, 09 10:21 AM
i downloaded the new version and it stopped running

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Jan 13, 09 10:41 AM
Same here: reloaded the new version.
At the same spot, at the end of level 4, it gets stuck.
Now the scene doesn't freeze anymore, but I get an Error message when I finish level 4 and the game closes down.
Bummer.

Bomber12
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Bomber12 on Jan 13, 09 11:28 AM
nope i downloaded new version no probs but just freezes when i hit play now. and also my anti virus also pops up telling me "adware generic YOH" and i have to move it to vault, i have been and checked my anti virus vault and its definatly in there as ""C:\program files\BeRich\game.exe"" so not sure whats going on now

[Post New]by msnewzealand on Jan 13, 09 11:34 AM
I got through the tutorial and when i got my office and clicked on it, the whole game went poof. sigh.

[Post New]by fenianheart on Jan 13, 09 11:40 AM
Still will not activate.

[Post New]by FANCY359 on Jan 13, 09 12:21 PM
I REINSALLED THE NEW VERSION AND IS STILL HAVING PROBLEMS I NOW GET AN ERROR MESSAGE INSTEAD OF IT JUST FREZZING

[Post New]by banks0426 on Jan 13, 09 12:37 PM
I am still having problems, too. I can now play until the end of the tutorial, then it freezes and I get an error message.

[Post New]by dearmolly54 on Jan 13, 09 1:21 PM
I reinstalled this new version also and when I reach my HQ building the new version freezes up. Really is a bummer.

[Post New]by beckyloo4 on Jan 13, 09 1:52 PM
The game is fun and I would like to buy it but it keeps freezing on me. I got to level 9 but it froze 5 or 6 times.

sassja23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sassja23 on Jan 13, 09 2:08 PM
Still dosen't work for me too .
On the end of level 11,it freezes and gives me this error message-
Error:Access Violation at 0x004BA764(tried to read from 0x00000000),Program terminated.
I got a access violation repair tool,gonna run that now to see if this helps,if not I know for sure that it is the game itself.Gonna post again after it's done.

FishinFem
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by FishinFem on Jan 13, 09 2:16 PM
Same problem with me sigh ........ also it set off my virus scanner (AVG) as a virus i clicked "add to exception" assuming coming from bfg that it's safe ..... was able to run one level and as soon as the level ended and the money falls down it gave me the same error as above.

sassja23 wrote:Still dosen't work for me too .
Error:Access Violation at 0x004BA764(tried to read from 0x00000000),Program terminated.
I got a access violation repair tool,gonna run that now to see if this helps,if not I know for sure that it is the game itself.Gonna post again after it's done.

[Post New]by CathyJohnson4200 on Jan 13, 09 2:20 PM
Same problem here with same error message as previous post. I downloaded after the fix and get error message when I click on Map or the Office and freeze when I finish a level. When it freezes and I alt-tab-delete the error message comes up.

[Post New]by kellynj31 on Jan 13, 09 2:27 PM
Stil having problems too . Its only giving me a minute free trial . And a virus thing pops up and then won't let me play . Help please .

PhyllisElaine
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by PhyllisElaine on Jan 13, 09 2:36 PM
I downloaded it and so far, no problem whatsoever. I've played over 10 levels. Sorry to hear so many people are still having problems, it seems this new version worked for me. Haven't finished the game yet, so I'll keep everyone posted if something does go array.

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Jan 13, 09 2:53 PM

I am getting the same message after downloading be rich & now to add insult to injury I can't play any free trials I have downloaded since. I get the same message for all of the games & even though the games don't open my free trail minutes disappear. It's really frustrating. I have a report in with Help but they are swamped after the holidays and it will be a while before they get back to me....I am nervous to download anything else till this gets fixed. aaaggghh

sassja23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sassja23 on Jan 13, 09 2:53 PM

Atleast I know now I'm not the only one who get's this error message.My access violation repair tool just finished running and it didn't help,so there are still problems with this game.

[Post New]by karoernst on Jan 13, 09 2:57 PM
I am downloading the game right now...some of the posts have dissappointed me, but I am still gonna try. Wish me luck!

GP56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by GP56 on Jan 13, 09 3:22 PM
I got the Adware message (a/k/a "virus thing") as well and said, "To heck with it - go ahead and let it load it"

After that, I made it through the first phase of the tutorial until I got to the big building that's supposed to be your office building. The tutorial says "Left click to enter."

I left-clicked and the whole game immediately crashed, taking the BFG game manager with it!

Long sigh ...

Edited on 01/13/2009 at 3:24:19 PM PST

Go to: