bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Guardians of Beyond: Witchville technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 16, 11 12:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Guardians of Beyond: Witchville technical issues here only

[Post New]by jackryan on Nov 16, 11 10:38 AM
Having problem after getting the diving suit. I cannot go down the hole into the water where the suit was. Arrow just takes me back outside. Hint button not working, nor the notes.

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Nov 16, 11 5:40 PM
OK tomorrow's game says trial is over. What's up with that?????

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Nov 17, 11 5:13 AM
mine does that sometimes. Reboot your computer and it should have the full trial back.

[Post New]by donnera on Nov 17, 11 9:16 AM
jackryan wrote:Having problem after getting the diving suit. I cannot go down the hole into the water where the suit was. Arrow just takes me back outside. Hint button not working, nor the notes.

Same thing happening here! Waasup?

[Post New]by Molly1951 on Nov 22, 11 1:10 PM
There is an HOS outside the New City Gates. List of objects contains a cane. I hit the hint button and when I go the spot, there is no cane. Have uninstalled and then reinstalled the game as the cane is not on the list on the walkthrough.

Please help.

[Post New]by hellsbells55 on Nov 24, 11 1:43 AM
jackryan wrote:Having problem after getting the diving suit. I cannot go down the hole into the water where the suit was. Arrow just takes me back outside. Hint button not working, nor the notes.

I am having the same problem.
Someone must be able to help PLEASE

Edited on 11/24/2011 at 1:44:29 AM PST

[Post New]by KATMAHER55 on Dec 2, 11 11:32 AM
hellsbells55 wrote:

I am having the same problem.
Someone must be able to help PLEASE

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Dec 5, 11 2:45 PM
Can't get candle out of can at fairground. Have put in bits of candle and clicked can twice but nothing happens except can straightened up but no new candle. can anyone help.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 6, 11 12:55 PM
Did you put in all candle pieces? I think there are 4 pieces and a candle stump, so 5 pieces in total.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 22, 11 1:20 PM
Hello everyone,

It sounds like a number of you are having troubles advancing in the game, so I wanted to come by with a couple suggestions that will hopefully help.

First and foremost, please take a look at the walkthrough (you can click on this link) to make sure that steps were not overlooked during game play; this can sometimes cause a player from moving forward.

If you're running into a technical issue, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game or starting over with a new player profile to see if this might help.

Still need assistance with the game? Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to look into this for you. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by loganofan on Jan 18, 12 3:38 AM
I am at the very end of the game and am getting the following error message when completing the puzzle of drawing symbols on the ground.

Error: Access violation at 0x6C963CBB (tried to read from 0x00000018), program terminated.

Is there a fix for that or should I just delete the game?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Mar 4, 12 3:31 PM
I am about 1/2 way through the game (according to the walkthrough) and find that I do not have the whetstone from the cash register in the toy shop and cannot reopen the register. I have rebooted and reinstalled... neither fixed the problem. Is there any workaround for that or a way to fix the code so I can continue?

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Mar 4, 12 3:48 PM
Hi loganofan and TopazMystique

loganofan - if your game is giving you an access violation I would try the help steps at this article here:

Access Violation

If you click the blue text and it will take you to more information on how to do that. If that doesn't work I would get in touch with our Tech Support team and one of our reps would be happy to help out.

TopazMystique were you able to get the LENS out of the cash register too or is that missing as well? Either way I don't know of any work arounds personally but I would definitely also get in touch with Tech Support to see if they have any suggestions as well.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Mar 4, 12 4:45 PM
Thanks, bfgCimarron! I did get something out of the register... probably a lens. I had found and placed 2 lenses and tried to chop the branch off the tree when it said the axe was too dull. So I checked the hint system and it said I needed to combine the axe and the whetstone. Axe I have, whetstone not. I did contact Support but that will probably be a couple of days before I get an answer. I'm not holding out much hope. I tried to find contact info for Vogat to see if they could give me a workaround but couldn't find any on the web.

[Post New]by bobbysian23 on Apr 17, 12 12:32 PM

Ok I'm also having problems at the diving suit bit. Done everything I possibly can in this location but it will just not let me down the hole where the diving suit has gone. I don't want to reinstall as I'm nearly at the end.
Did anyone resolve this issue?

[Post New]by jademyst1129 on Apr 20, 12 11:53 PM
There is an item missing in the HOS I am working on. I am inside a car and the item is a broom. Hitting the "hint" button highlights a blank spot on the car door. I have clicked everywhere on that door and gotten nowhere. What should I do?

Whoome
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Whoome on Aug 10, 12 6:18 AM
Playing the expert level, I am at the scene where I find the amulet. I have found everything but the "shooting target". I see a can at the bottom of the screen and have clicked all over it with no response. The "shooting target" is not listed on the walkthrough and I am not sure if I have the right thing and it is unresponsive or if I have the wrong thing. I have replayed the game 3 times now at an easier level, only to find that "shooting target" is not a part of any of these lists. Also, I was told to find the broom in the car, only to be shown the car door by the hint button. No broom there that I can see or that the computer acknowledges. Back to the beginning! I am thinking of starting the game over again at the expert level to see if the next time "shooting object" is not called for, but I would rather not. I'm getting heartily sick of Witchville.
Is this a technical issue? Is there a fix?

Whoome
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Whoome on Aug 11, 12 3:37 AM
The thing I thought was a can was a lock. I still don't know what the "shooting target" is and probably never will. This may not be a technical issue.

[Post New]by CDalton35 on Oct 12, 12 3:59 PM
Hi. I was wondering if anyone else had the game come up as a possible virus when doing a scan. First time I had hit clean before I realized it was there and lost all sound to the game. I uninstalled and did a complete reinstall and it is coming up again during my virus scan. Any ideas as to why?

Go to: