bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Guardians of Beyond: Witchville

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 16, 11 12:16 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Guardians of Beyond: Witchville? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Guardians of Beyond: Witchville page here.
Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Reviews for Guardians of Beyond: Witchville

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 16, 11 12:21 AM
These haunted HOGS are wearing a bit thin

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Nov 16, 11 12:34 AM

So far looks like "same ole same ole"....

Yeah, I get it that a lot of gamers are 'into' this stuff, but, MAN, am I tired of the witch, demon, ghosts, evil, dark themes..... ALL the eyeballs, skulls, spiders, bugs, snakes, slimy whatevers, and the game intro scene with the car goin off the road thing, delapitaded buildings, fire, hell and damnation. Enough all ready!

Yeesh!!!!!! Maybe I'm goin to play solitaire until things change.

Edited on 11/16/2011 at 12:35:40 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 16, 11 12:45 AM
I completely agree with you (2easy and FORTUNATUS!) It's getting so old to see the same story over and over again. I only need to buy one game and play it over and over again and I'd still get the same effect and save alot of money. Not that this isn't a good game, but, I have many just like it and played them before.

Give us something new in storyline and gameplay developers and BF. Please!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 16, 11 1:02 AM
Who is the game developer of this one?

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 16, 11 1:09 AM
I am a Vogat fan, so I jumped the gun and bought this game when it came out as a CE. I really enjoyed the demo, but found my interest was waning after playing the game for a couple of hours. I have yet to finish the game. I probably will eventually but I am in no rush to right now. It is disappointing since I love most Vogat games. I also found the latest Reincarnations game to be kind of boring as well, and I used to love that series, especially the second game in it. I know Vogat is capable of delivering fun games with interesting and original stories, but unfortunately their most recent offerings have come across as sub par to me. I hope that they will get back on track and offer more innovative games like Elixir of Immortality, Reincarnations: Uncover The Past and F.A.C.E.S. again soon.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 16, 11 1:26 AM
I have bought the this game already as the CE and highly enjoyed it. Its from my favourite developers, but surely not the best game from the developers. I recommend this game as the SE. Have fun

Edited on 11/16/2011 at 1:33:17 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 16, 11 1:29 AM
Here's what I wrote when the CE appeared :

You can play 3 modes, Casual, Advanced, Expert.

"Une première" you can play a bit of the bonus play, right from the menu.
SG is available in the demo.
Game doesn't seem too complicated (played the whole sample).

But I'm afraid I'm getting sick and tired of games starting with a character driving, then comes this big light of a ghost, then a car crash, then you have to look for keys in order to open the boot, then all these improbable ghosts all over the place, etc, etc....

So this will be a no buy for me, may be as a SE, using a pc credit.

Thanks for the review roxiestar, had forgotten all about it. I do agree about Reincarnations, first one so so, 2nd excellent, 3rd boring. I love Vogat so I will probably spend a pcc on this one.
(It's so difficult to find a game good after playing the amazing, long, excellent CE of The Keepers...)

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Nov 16, 11 2:06 AM
The screen shots show a potentially gorgeous game - graphic wise. Unfortunately I am with the previous posters and am also soooo tired of the witch, demon, ghosts, evil, dark themes. Had we not been so overdosed on those, this may have been a buy for me. As it is, I'll wait for a better day Like, Drawn: Trail of Shadows coming out as a SE.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Nov 16, 11 3:28 AM
I know everyone is getting tired of the same type of scenario in some of the games. What are your suggestions for a different type of game? Just curious.....

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 16, 11 3:55 AM
I am a Vogat fan and have been waiting for the SE to come out ever since I demoed the CE. Would have purchased that had it been possible at the time. I like the graphics, and yes, the story may be the SOSO, but I still like it. I've purchased it and am downloading it as I type and look forward to playing.

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Nov 16, 11 4:02 AM
peh4psu wrote:I know everyone is getting tired of the same type of scenario in some of the games. What are your suggestions for a different type of game? Just curious.....

OK, I know it's not a review, but I can't resist.....trapped in the shopping mall at night....but something is after my credit cards! lol Actually, it's an excellent question.

valhollis
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by valhollis on Nov 16, 11 5:38 AM
peh4psu wrote:I know everyone is getting tired of the same type of scenario in some of the games. What are your suggestions for a different type of game? Just curious.....
I would like to see games that dealt with people with different world views trying to resolve problems together. None of the characters need to be made into one dimensional demons or evil witches. There could also be characters in different stages of maturity and understanding. I think it would be nice to see characters evolve over time as a result of their experiences and interactions with other characters. The best stories are about people who are faced with an unexpected difficult situation who find a way to overcome adversity. Along the way they run up against people who both help them and others who due to their lack of understanding create obstacles for them. Put the people in an exotic location and it could be a very interesting story.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Nov 16, 11 6:47 AM
I don't mind at all if the decay is all in Victorian settings and architecture. I just hate modern day urban decay.

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by grouchypants on Nov 16, 11 6:54 AM
Im working on an odler game now. Tearstone and its a great game . Different game play. I dont really read the story unless theres hints or its funny in some way.More of these types would be nice change.

KICKI56
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by KICKI56 on Nov 16, 11 7:03 AM
FORTUNATUS wrote:

Yeah, I get it that a lot of gamers are 'into' this stuff, but, MAN, am I tired of the witch, demon, ghosts, evil, dark themes..... ALL the eyeballs, skulls, spiders, bugs, snakes, slimy whatevers, and the game intro scene with the car goin off the road thing, delapitaded buildings, fire, hell and damnation. Enough all ready!

I couldn't agree more. May I add... cemeteries, mental wards, evil Drs, crystals, saving the world, beings with red glowing eyes.
I am playing Fairway Solitaire, again. It's more fun.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Nov 16, 11 7:18 AM
valhollis wrote:
I would like to see games that dealt with people with different world views trying to resolve problems together. None of the characters need to be made into one dimensional demons or evil witches. There could also be characters in different stages of maturity and understanding. I think it would be nice to see characters evolve over time as a result of their experiences and interactions with other characters. The best stories are about people who are faced with an unexpected difficult situation who find a way to overcome adversity. Along the way they run up against people who both help them and others who due to their lack of understanding create obstacles for them. Put the people in an exotic location and it could be a very interesting story.

Excellent idea Valhollis! Hope some of the moderators take your thoughts and use them for what sounds like a great concept!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 16, 11 7:24 AM
I am sooo tired of playing hidden object scenes. I just finished a game that was good kinda, but it was also full of hos. I am going to take a break for awhile and play adventure games from a different site.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Nov 16, 11 8:56 AM
Personally I agree with all those above. I mean there are so many situations in life they could make a game out of. For instance, like a TM game, "Bertha" could get a job in a newspaper place and have to research stories to advance her career. She could go to different locations to find what she needed for her story etc. Just my opinion.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Nov 16, 11 9:54 AM
FORTUNATUS wrote:

I'm also getting tired of HOG scenes. More FROGS and More adventure with puzzles.... enough HOGS.
It's worn thin.

Go to: