bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 17, 11 12:14 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Nov 17, 11 1:11 AM
I have played 40 min. of the demo and so far I like this one. I am in the process of buying this. Great graphics. So far I haven't run into any bugs. This is quite an adventure but I never do many of these kind of games. I will review again later after I get the full version. I think it will be a good one but I am not optimistic that it won't have anything go wrong. And then again it might be very good.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 17, 11 1:16 AM
I played the demo and I like it. The puzzles are great. But I did't see any HOS. The graphics are beautiful.

I have the other 2 Azada, but this one is very different.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 1:16:50 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 17, 11 1:19 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I played the demo and I like it. The puzzles are great. But I did't see any HOS. The graphics are beautiful.

I have the other 2 Azada, but this one is very different.

Good morning, everyone.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I also own the 2 previous games, but those were pure puzzle games. But this one is supposed to be a proper HOG - at least that is what it says on the main page. I do hope it's a HOG with puzzles, rather than a pure puzzle game, because I don't like doing one puzzle after another with nothing else to look forward to.

ETA: Just saw in the other thread that apparently there are no HOS in this game after all. So why is it advertised as an Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure Game? *sigh*

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 1:23:56 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 17, 11 1:23 AM
Played 30 minutes, that's enough to say that I'm going to buy the game.

3 playing modes, you can change from one to another while playing.
Mini games, apart for the bicycle chain, are the usual ones, gears, etc
In my 30 minutes didn't come accross any H0
Music is good
Beautiful graphics
Story as the one you could expect for people loving this type of game. A bit (not too much) creepy
Voices are good
SG included in the demo
Can't say a thing about the length as you only see the chapter of the demo.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Nov 17, 11 1:25 AM
Although this is a sample version I still did not finish the demo during the hour.This is very different from the other two.

Options have full screen and wide screen.
Voiceovers are very well done.
Music is nice in the background.
Strategy guide only shows first two chapters
Wallpapers and other extras are available during demo.

I am a little confused about what is going on exactly in the game. There is very little explanation but apparently I am not supposed to know yet. This plays like an adventure game. The puzzles so far have been fairly easy. I realized very early to click on everything.

There are 3 modes. Easy , Advanced and Hardcore. I am playing in Hardcore. Hints and skips takes longer to come up . Difference between advanced and hardcore is that there are NO TIPS in hardcore. I mean no comments whatsoever. You will get a magnifying glass for something to look at but when you click on it you have to figure out what to do.. Love that aspect a lot.

Just wish the strategy guide showed how many chapters even if the content of those chapters was not available.

I will be buying this tomorrow I think. Have to sleep on it as it is 3:30 in the morning here.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 17, 11 1:34 AM
Read in the other game's thread that there were no H0 in the game but it's described as Adventure H0G

Will delay buying it....

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 17, 11 1:45 AM
I'm a huge fan of this series. I think they did a brilliant job on this one. The graphics and animations are absolutely beautiful! Love the option to change modes of play during the game. Voiceover acting is great and the story is very intrigueing. Really got a kick out of them integrading your name into the game.

The puzzles are going to be challenging, but that's what I want. I don't want to run through a game, I want it to take time. There is a bit of back and fourth looking for items to solve things, but the graphics are so good, you don't mind. The opening scene is outstanding and breath taking IMO. This is a must have for sure. Give this game a try. Thank you Developers & . Great Job!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE" Outstanding!
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 17, 11 2:02 AM
Based on the trial.

Initially impressive (great opening scenes, gorgeous graphics, smooth game play, nice music, and voiceovers) but you quickly see that it is all puzzles all the time. And that's fine if you won't be disappointed that there are no traditional hidden object scenes. One puzzle after the other is not my particular interest but some will be fine with it.
I'm also concerned with the length of the game as the devs give no clue as to the length of the bonus game. Experience tells me that if there is no indication anywhere (maybe the strategy guide which only shows 15 pages) then the bonus may be lacking.
In the options menu, I was delighted to see a box for Widescreen play, but when I checked the box it told me that "windiwed mode not available". Come on, ERS devs---I.m glad to see that you might be finally addressing the widescreen issue for your usually beautiful and remarkable games but this is a very common 16 x 9 aspect ratio we're talking here so maybe there's hope that you'll get it right sooner or later----just not this game.
Overall, a nice puzzle game that may be on the short side, and with the infamous black bars, no buy or recommendation here.

Brially
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Brially on Nov 17, 11 2:09 AM
Good morning fellow fishies!

Like most of you have noted, this Azada is VERY different from the two previous Azada games, I, too, am puzzled by this game's classification when there are no HOS to be found! Lack of HOG scenes is not necessarily a bac thing...but I get annoyed when games are mislabeled--especially when we're paying a premium for this game as it is a CE.

The graphics are terrific, and I have finally found my 'rhythm' with this game--it was a bit confusing at first. I'm leaning toward a buy on this one, but I'm going to try a different mode with the remainder of my demo minutes just to compare the different modes. I'll come back and revise this with more details once I'm done.

And a special hi to Valdy and the rest of you who were so supportive of my posts the other day --I just hate when people try to tell me and other gamers how we WILL feel about a game rather than sharing their own personal experiences with the game so we can conside their feedback when making our OWN purchasing decisions.

Off to play more! Back in a bit! hehe

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 17, 11 2:21 AM
It's PURE Adventure game!!!

ERS was the last "HOG shelter" for me - and now it passed to the "rivals side"...

I don't care how good is this game (and it is, as usual) - but I am tired of going to and from to collect single objects. Don't try to persuade me, that if go to 3 locations, and find 3 doll dresses, which I use on the same doll, that it's hidden object game - it's not!

The HOG scenes give the game some linear time aspect, which the Adventure movement lack.

It's making me to waste more time walking around, in order to make the game longer.

...I am robbed...30% of the game play is mine (HOG scenes), and I protest!

Good luck Adventurers, at least you receive a good Adventure game, not as the previous 1.2 Giga failure.

No HOGs scenes - No Buy!

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Nov 17, 11 2:37 AM
Extremely well said, Rebecca Lily! I am in total agreement with everything that you said! No hidden object scenes, which are my favourite, I absolutely abhor puzzles, especially one after another......No buy for me either, you can bet on that! I am very disappointed in this game, ERS.....I sincerely hope that all your future games are not going to be like this one

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 17, 11 2:44 AM
No hog scenes, puzzles seem to be on the fairly easy side. Wide screen from the get go, even though wide screen is not ticked. There is a bit of a story. So far, I am a bit disappointed in it. We waited so long for it, and I thought it would be super duper, and it is just another CE basically, without hog scenes. But the graphics are good. And I do like the sound effects, and the voices...hmm, I think there were voices, lol. I have been stuck for the past 45 minutes trying to use the potions. If anyone has managed to use them, please let me know how you did it. I did consult the guide, and it is supposed to work, but no go. Not sure if it is a glitch, or what.

[Post New]by mauriandlaw on Nov 17, 11 2:58 AM
Not every game can be the same, ERS are my favorite developers and i really welcome this new entry..... No HOS ?? So what ?? The next one will include HOS like usual.... This serie is just different, and i like it,... a little bit of variety never did hurt anybody !!

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Nov 17, 11 3:05 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

LOL! You're not being robbed of anything. The Azada series never had hidden object scenes. The series is puzzle driven and that's what Azada fans expect. Thank goodness ERS did not turn this into a H0G game.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Nov 17, 11 3:16 AM
I agree -- the last two Azadas were adventure/puzzle games. Excited to try this one, although I think it is a different publisher and different graphics/play from the first two.

ETA: Played the trial and loved it! Didn't mind at all that there are no **** scenes; I don't love them anyway. Nice voice overs, nice graphics, seems like a lot of different scenes. Will look into length before I commit to buying a CE version.

Oh, and by the way, the mini games were actually fun and somewhat different.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 11:07:58 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 17, 11 3:23 AM
jenny1983 wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

LOL! You're not being robbed of anything. The Azada series never had hidden object scenes. The series is puzzle driven and that's what Azada fans expect. Thank goodness ERS did not turn this into a H0G game.

Then - delete the part of the definition "Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure" game.

I never rant if BF posts Match-3, or TM, or Adventure games.

As far as "Hidden Object" definition appears - I am "robbed"...

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 17, 11 3:35 AM
I love a good puzzle game, and I do sometimes get sick of doing H0 scenes in games and can use a break from doing them right now, so I want to try this game, but I am worried it won't work on my computer since most ERS games tend to lag a lot on my system. This probably has to do with the fact that I have an older video card, although I do keep everything else up to date. Anyways, I was excited to see that a new Azada was out, since after playing the latest Dana Knightstone (twice now since I love it so much), I am in the mood for another new game that is more puzzles than H0s. I guess it wouldn't hurt to download this one and see if it works on my computer.On a side note, I am surprised that so many people here are upset that this is a puzzle game and not a HOG. Pretty much every other CE that comes out is a HOG, so I think this is a nice change.

ETA: Yay, just finished the demo and it ran smoothly on my computer This game is gorgeous, and the beginning looks like a movie. ERS usually has high quality graphics but I think they may have even raised the bar here. The story is original and intriguing. I love the fact that it is like a HOG game without H0 scenes, since I have been getting sick of doing those lately and am more interested in playing puzzle games. Have no fear Azada fans they have not added H0 scenes to this game, but they have made it more interactive and more adventurous than I remember the previous games being. I like it, but other people here may be disappointed with how different it is from the previous games, so it is best to demo before you purchase to find out. I will definitely be putting this game on my wish list.

Can anyone here recommend other adventurous puzzle games to me that have a minimal amount of H0 scenes? I really enjoyed the demo for this game, and I love the Dana Knightstone games, all of which have more puzzles and adventure than H0 scenes.I do not know about a lot of other games like that, and I would appreciate any recs you could give me. Thanks!

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 7:09:18 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 17, 11 4:22 AM
cbtx wrote:In the options menu, I was delighted to see a box for Widescreen play, but when I checked the box it told me that "windiwed mode not available".

Morning, CBTX...

Don't feel too bad. Whether I click or declick the "widescreen" option, I only ever get the normal size with the black bars on either side.

Brially wrote:The graphics are terrific, and I have finally found my 'rhythm' with this game--it was a bit confusing at first. I'm leaning toward a buy on this one, but I'm going to try a different mode with the remainder of my demo minutes just to compare the different modes. I'll come back and revise this with more details once I'm done.

And a special hi to Valdy and the rest of you who were so supportive of my posts the other day --I just hate when people try to tell me and other gamers how we WILL feel about a game rather than sharing their own personal experiences with the game so we can conside their feedback when making our OWN purchasing decisions.

Off to play more! Back in a bit! hehe

Good morning, Brially...

I played the trial version, and WOW... The graphics are really great, and so is the voice-over.

I was really sceptic about this game - am not too much of a fan of games that have too many puzzles in them.
BUT... this game plays like a HOG, only without the HOS. And so far, I have managed to do all of the puzzles without having to resort to the SKIP button.

I am also thinking of actually buying the CE. But I rather wait and see what other peeps, who have bought it, say about the bonus game, although I must admit that for once I may actually need the SG with this game.

ETA: I bought the game, not so much for the bonus game, but for the Strategy Guide, which I know I will need with all the puzzles ahead of me.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 6:17:38 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Nov 17, 11 4:48 AM
When I saw the word Azada I was fearful of whether or not I would be able to play this game after the very first game that came out and I couldn't get through it cause I'm not skillful enough to play those games. However, the minute I saw the word Ers, I knew that they would not do that to me. You can always depend on them to provide a wonderful quality game that is full of enjoyment. I'm so glad they are a prolific game developer, keep it up! And if you need any help I'm currently unemployed.

Go to: