bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

The Mac version of Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 17, 11 12:21 AM
You can give this game a try by going to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this forum for any questions, tips or just to socialize with other Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition players.

If you need a hand in resolving technical trouble for your Mac game, we recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, be sure to check our Mac Game Errors help article.

For questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgRhone

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by snookataylor on Nov 17, 11 3:05 AM
The reviews for this game makes me want to try it - but I can't because the game won't even OPEN!! I deleted and reinstalled three times to no avail. All software is up to date. WHY WHY do people who use Mac computers always get problems. Apart from two games lately I have nothing but problems with your games - I ask myself if its worth keeping my membership going.

Re:The Mac version of Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek Collector's Edition is here!

[Post New]by sardineontoast on Nov 17, 11 7:39 AM
Crashes for me at launch too. I'm running 10.6.8.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 17, 11 10:20 AM
I had no problems downloading the game. sigh BF you are costing me, I had to have it!!! Wonderful story line, fantastic graphics and good play.

One thing I have noticed lately, I have less problem with BF Mac games if I clear my cache before I start a download. I use MacKeeper. Don't know if that will help your issues, but it's worth a try.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 17, 11 11:00 AM
Hi snookataylor and sardineontoast,

Sorry to hear that you've been having some troubles with this one! If you haven't already, please give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still crashing or failing to open after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 11:01:14 AM PST

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Nov 17, 11 8:29 PM
No luck opening this. Keep getting the game "quit unexpectedly" screen, over and over again. Have the latest updates for my Mac OS 10.6.8. Too bad.

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Nov 18, 11 5:40 AM
Also crashes on opening. Tried all the usual etc...

[Post New]by heat9w on Nov 19, 11 5:23 AM
same, cant get game to open 10.6.8 latest updates installed

[Post New]by charlise5 on Nov 19, 11 10:32 AM
I cannot open Enigmatis either! Looks like such a good game too.

[Post New]by sardineontoast on Nov 19, 11 10:33 AM
I found that the problem is because it tries to run in Fullscreen mode, which it can't do on some machines. I've got the prefs file from another machine which is set to windowed mode.

So if you're having the crash at start up problem, download this file & follow the supplied instructions of where to put it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tq5xu0a7904tejy

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Nov 19, 11 10:40 AM
Interesting info re window mode. But full-screen is standard & should work for all
BF games, no? Meanwhile, tried installing the 11/19 Enigmatis CE again today with no success. (Have latest updates, & been clearing cache & history beforehand.) Just won't open, though other new games do.

[Post New]by sardineontoast on Nov 19, 11 10:48 AM
full-screen is standard & should work for all

But unfortunately it doesn't work for all, so you have two options:

1) Wait for an update that might fix it.

2) Use my file & play it in windowed mode.

[Post New]by broadwaycat on Nov 19, 11 11:15 PM
It is puzzling that a company that is motivated by profit ignores clients desiring to purchase a product.

[Post New]by ArtifexMundi on Nov 20, 11 12:35 AM
Dear Fishies,

I can assure you we are working on delivering a patched version of the game.
However, identifying an issue and deploying a patch always takes at least several days. I can only promise we will do what we can to make the game work everywhere.

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
Artifex Mundi Team

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Jan 14, 12 12:29 PM
And now, several weeks later, this problem still exists.

But here's a helpful hint. If you are playing in the windowed mode on a Mac, you can use the control key and scroll on your mouse wheel (up) to enlarge the screen. You can do this in SOME full-screen games—the developers of other games have disabled this trick.

When they do that, and the hidden objects are really hard to find, I just go to the windowed mode and use Control-scroll to zoom in.

I wish Big Fish would make patches for the numerous games that will simply not open on my Mac (10.6.8).

Thanks for the patch, SardineToast! It's better than nothing, which is all I got before.

[Post New]by ArtifexMundi on Jan 14, 12 11:59 PM
Dear Fishies,

As we already stated in another thread, unfortunately, so far we were not able to reproduce this issue and at this point I cannot say if we will be able to produce a patch for the game

Best regards,
Artifex Mundi Team

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Jul 5, 12 2:33 PM
I have just downloaded his game onto my Macbook Air. No problems there, but when I get to the quiz where the angels are concerned I get the first one in a HOG, the second one comes up in the triangle, but the third one doesn't, so basically I'm stuck.

I carried on with the game in case it came in another HOG, but according to the Game Strategy it doesn't. I have just used 2 game credits for this. I've also looked on the forum and there seems to be other problems, with no updates.

If this game is not going to be sorted, please will you kindly return my 2 game credits.

Edited on 07/05/2012 at 2:35:59 PM PST

Go to: