RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Where's the Mac Version?

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Nov 17, 11 2:07 AM
I hope it doesn't take too long, but the developer (ERS?) has been taking at least 2 months to port a game to the Mac.

And why is it listed as HOG? The other two are listed as Adventure, but they are really Puzzle games.

Feeling a big cranky at the moment. The Mac side got yet another 2 month old dark and creepy haunted village with amnesiac character CE.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Where's the Mac Version?

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 17, 11 7:06 AM
Azada is a BFG game, but I think this one was farmed out too? (Edit: PC fishies are saying it is ERS, and they do take two months to port anything to Mac. So we're in for another long wait. The game is also mislabeled as a HOG when it's puzzle.)

Two major BFG releases that Macs have been shut out of, Hidden Expedition and now this one. Not a happy customer.

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 7:09:38 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 9:27 AM
OH NO! Not fair!

I'm sorry guys...I had to go check Mudrock's notes again.

Yes, this one is done by ERS.

At least he says you'll get Haunted Manor this week....

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 9:27:39 AM PST

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Nov 17, 11 11:57 AM
I hope it doesn't take 2 months to get this game.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 17, 11 2:07 PM
I just tried it in CrossOver (requires flash, BTW). First impression -- WOW!! Very impressive graphics, voice overs, no widescreen although an option for same. ( A drawback to trying PC games in XOver -- when they do come out for Mac, widescreen is sometimes available.)

Modes of play include HARD -- no sparkles, longer hint and skip fills, and No Black Bar Assistance. It's true -- clicking when the cursor is a magnifying glass may bring up something, but it is not a clue. Other times, clicking with the magnifier gives no info. You can switch among the 3 modes during play. Casual is all available sparkles and clues, advanced is no sparkles for hot spots,

According to the game thread posts, the game is ALL puzzles, no H0Gs -- that sounds excellent from where I sit. I only demoed for a short while, but was immediately sucked into the game (literally and figuratively ). The one puzzle I did was not that difficult, but I will bet they get harder.

As of yet, no character or task has asked me for the code word from Azada 2.

Go to: