textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 5:15 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

erigby
Marlin
Marlin
8,482 Posts

Re:Comments for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by erigby on Nov 17, 11 7:05 AM

First off, let me say I'm not the nitpicking type....but.

I just watched the video and at the moment when the guy pulls off the mask and opens the trap door for our hero/heroine to fall through the caption reads:

It was a rouse.

Did they mean to say ruse, b/c to my uncertain knowledge rouse is a verb and means to awaken, while ruse is subterfuge?

Probably just a typo. Still....

yogibear2
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by yogibear2 on Nov 17, 11 7:54 AM
Is there a Standard edition available??

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 17, 11 7:56 AM
yogibear2 wrote:Is there a Standard edition available??
This is the Collector's Edition. Standard edition usually come out about 4 weeks later, give or take a few days. You'll have to wait till then if you don't want the Collector's Edition.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 8:00 AM
erigby wrote:
First off, let me say I'm not the nitpicking type....but.

I just watched the video and at the moment when the guy pulls off the mask and opens the trap door for our hero/heroine to fall through the caption reads:

It was a rouse.

Did they mean to say ruse, b/c to my uncertain knowledge rouse is a verb and means to awaken, while ruse is subterfuge?

Probably just a typo. Still....

Yes, I noticed that also...

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 17, 11 9:21 AM
Well, I can sometimes be the nitpicky type, but mostly
just get a laugh out of these kinds of "errors".

Got my laugh in the beginning when it says we are
going to book passage to Europe. Then we board a
train in Brussels. Duh, I always thought Brussels was
in Europe! Have they moved it recently?

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 9:22 AM
Hadn't thought about that one, Joyce - but you're right!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 17, 11 9:26 AM
I've been playing this game for 2 1/2 hrs so far and I'm loving it. No hos yahoo. I would play more games like this one if they'd make them.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 9:32 AM
Totally agree, hannah. I think ERS should make this type of game always and drop the HOS altogether. They've been their weakest area anyway.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 17, 11 9:51 AM
textrekkie wrote:Totally agree, hannah. I think ERS should make this type of game always and drop the HOS altogether. They've been their weakest area anyway.

I agree too - just take them, and move all the Adventure stuff to the Adventure forum...

This is HOG forum!...Am I homeless? Am I under invasion? May be the Adventurers are more vocal - but I want my house back!...

Promise not to enter the Adventure forum to persuade developers, like you do. Just live and let live...

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 9:59 AM
Poor Rebeca!

There are lots of developers making lots of iHOGs. You're not going to be lonely, I promise.

Sorry this one was misleading in its description - I don't think they should have used the phrase "Hidden Object"...should have just said "Puzzle Adventure".

But cheer up...Sunday's game will be a wonderful iHOG for you with Haunted Manor: Queen of Death.

PS - I don't think that ERS will give up their cash cow formula...yet

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 10:11:15 AM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 17, 11 10:18 AM

Hello Everyone

We will be changing the genre for this game on the product page so that it no longer states it is a Hidden Object Game since there are NO Hidden Object Scenes in this game.

The change should show up today, not sure at what time.

Thanks!

MargieB

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 10:32 AM
You are the best, MargieB!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 17, 11 10:47 AM
Thank you, Margie B, I always knew you are our hope... .

...And textrekkie - back!

But you didn't understand my frustration. It is not about the Adventure game issued by ERS.

It's about the high rants I hear recently from Adventure players, demanding less HOG screens and more Adventure Mode.

And now, when at last there is a very good Adventure game, posted by mistake in a HOG forum - you want to "delete" the HOG games totally... I personally am offended by this rant.

I never enter the Adventure forum and rant there that I want more HOGS (there are not) - why do you want to take my "toy"?

I understand that Adventure games are neglected - not because the players, but because the bad developers. If the developers would learn from ERS how to make proper Adventure games - you wouldn't rant in the HOG forum.

So, it's not my fault that the Adventure game are lousy...

And I won't give you my "toy"...

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Nov 17, 11 10:52 AM
When you played the first two Azadas, you knew you were playing a game like none other. This is probably an excellent adventure game.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 17, 11 11:02 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Thank you, Margie B, I always knew you are our hope... .

...And textrekkie - back!

But you didn't understand my frustration. It is not about the Adventure game issued by ERS.

It's about the high rants I hear recently from Adventure players, demanding less HOG screens and more Adventure Mode.

And now, when at last there is a very good Adventure game, posted by mistake in a HOG forum - you want to "delete" the HOG games totally... I personally am offended by this rant.

I never enter the Adventure forum and rant there that I want more HOGS (there are not) - why do you want to take my "toy"?

I understand that Adventure games are neglected - not because the players, but because the bad developers. If the developers would learn from ERS how to make proper Adventure games - you wouldn't rant in the HOG forum.

So, it's not my fault that the Adventure game are lousy...

And I won't give you my "toy"...

LOL - I see where you're coming from. But as I said, I don't think you need fear. And I promise I shan't encourage them again.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 17, 11 3:58 PM
As much as I loved the first two Azada's... I don't get that 'must have' feeling with this one. I was left unimpressed, underwhelmed, and not interested enough to invest in the CE. Maybe it's my mood today but honestly, the feel of this game isn't what I have come to expect from Azada. ERS has done a nice job but it feels like a typical ERS HOG only without the hidden object scenes.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 17, 11 4:33 PM
I have both Azada 1 and 2, and was among those eagerly awaiting Azada 3. When I heard that the developer was different I became somewhat apprehensive. While I own and enjoy many ERS games, I do feel that they have become somewhat formulaic, so I was concerned about what would happen to the unique fell of the Azada games. So....do I like it or not?

Well, I have to say it does NOT look like the previous games. The graphics, while pretty and well-done, lack a certain "crispness" that I have come to associate with the earlier games. And in 1 and 2, when you entered an area you would have several items to find and use and then a puzzle to solve (I think - it's been a couple of years and a LOT of games since I last played either one ).

Here the graphics are much more similar to the usual ERS look - I think of it as mid-eighteenth century Europe drawn as a graphic novel - but they are somewhat brighter and sharper than most of them. In general I liked them better than the standard ERS style. And the format is very different - you walk around, find things, and have to figure out where to use them - standard adventure format, and there's nothing wrong with that. So far the puzzles have been fairly simple and fairly standard, but with a surprise or two.

I was playing on hardcore mode, and did use a couple of hints (as advertised, the hint refills VERY slowly, so use it sparingly). I did not find it to be frustratingly difficult; it may well be that easier modes could be too simple for many.

So, yes or no on this game? Well, despite not sounding too enthusiastic, I have to say I really didn't want to stop playing. I'm not sure how far I got (and didn't want to look and reveal any spoilers), but the story has really captured me. However, MCF8 is out next week and I know that there is a 99.99% chance that I'm going to be jumping all over that, so I think I will wait for the CE. But do at least give it a try - it's a very enjoyable game, even if it isn't necessarily what I expected.

Oh, and the music is NOT the standard ERS! Thank goodness!

[Post New]by prdmom15 on Nov 17, 11 7:46 PM
Smallhaven wrote:As much as I loved the first two Azada's... I don't get that 'must have' feeling with this one. I was left unimpressed, underwhelmed, and not interested enough to invest in the CE. Maybe it's my mood today but honestly, the feel of this game isn't what I have come to expect from Azada. ERS has done a nice job but it feels like a typical ERS HOG only without the hidden object scenes.

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Dec 26, 11 8:18 AM
Unfortunately, I did not realize there was a CE for this until after the fact, but I really like the game. I bought the game based on the comments in the forum, and was so engrossed in playing and solving puzzles that I did not realize there were no HOs. It might have been nice to have a mixture, but I am really enjoying the puzzles. Needless to say i am stuck, which is why I wish I had the CE. The game is simple, but tricky, and it straightforward. I really like it.

Edited on 12/26/2011 at 8:36:24 AM PST

Go to: