Not an HOG

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Nov 17, 11 10:08 AM
This is not a HOG. It is what I consider a puzzle game. I wish they wouldn't advertise games as HOG when they are not.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Not an HOG

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Nov 17, 11 10:21 AM
sjsullivan wrote:This is not a HOG. It is what I consider a puzzle game. I wish they wouldn't advertise games as HOG when they are not.

That exactly is why I am protesting a long time!

Seems that BF pushes us out of our forum, mixing the HOG games with Adventure&puzzles parts of them.

It's just impossible to hear each day adventure players rant about the "too many" HOG screens. Personally, I am offended to hear them.

I don't enter M3 games and rant about "too many" M3 screens.

I ask for "sincere definition" - I want a divorce from the Adventurers...

BF, where a HOGer like me can live in peace?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Not an HOG

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 17, 11 11:17 AM
Hi fishies,

Just in case you didn't see her post in the 'Comments' thread, here's what MargieB had to say about this:

MargieB wrote:
Hello Everyone

We will be changing the genre for this game on the product page so that it no longer states it is a Hidden Object Game since there are NO Hidden Object Scenes in this game.

The change should show up today, not sure at what time.

Thanks!

MargieB

Hope this helps to clarify!

-bfgHondo

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 17, 11 12:06 PM
Thanks MARGIE. It makes my life easier lol.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Nov 17, 11 3:24 PM
so won't even bother playing

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Nov 17, 11 3:59 PM
Yeah!!!!! It's finally not a HOG.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 17, 11 5:32 PM
Really don't get why so many are upset that this isn't a H0 game - none of the Azada games have been H0 games! Puzzles and adventures are what this is about.

Game play would be similar to one of the Drawn games. Also not really an H0 game series.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Not an HOG

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 17, 11 7:24 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
sjsullivan wrote:This is not a HOG. It is what I consider a puzzle game. I wish they wouldn't advertise games as HOG when they are not.

That exactly is why I am protesting a long time!

Seems that BF pushes us out of our forum, mixing the HOG games with Adventure&puzzles parts of them.

It's just impossible to hear each day adventure players rant about the "too many" HOG screens. Personally, I am offended to hear them.

I don't enter M3 games and rant about "too many" M3 screens.

I ask for "sincere definition" - I want a divorce from the Adventurers...

BF, where a HOGer like me can live in peace?

I am guilty of complaining about there being too many H0 scenes in games. I like HOG games, I like their stories, their puzzles, their interactiveness etc. and I am okay with doing some H0 scenes here and there in a game, but I just don't like doing them back to back since it bores me. I have played tons of HOG games, and I will probably play plenty more, and the reason why I play so many of them even though I am not a fan of doing lots of H0 scenes back to back is because I have not been able to find a lot of other games that are as good as HOG games but without the H0 scenes. Besides the Dana Knightstone games and this new Asada game, which I think is fantastic and I will probably buy, I don't really know of very many other puzzle adventure games that are as good as HOGs. I have asked people in this forum if they can recommend any to me. This probably doesn't make my complaining about too many H0 scenes any less annoying to you, but should explain why I, as well as some other gamers here, play HOG games even though we don't love doing lots of HOG scenes back to back.

ansisera
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Not an HOG

[Post New]by ansisera on Nov 17, 11 8:25 PM
roxiestar74 wrote: I have not been able to find a lot of other games that are as good as HOG games but without the H0 scenes.

Have you tried Tiny Bang Story? It's a marvelous and cute puzzle game.

I'm glad a new Azada is out--in fact, I was just wondering the other day when they were going to release a new one.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Not an HOG

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 17, 11 8:36 PM
ansisera wrote:
roxiestar74 wrote: I have not been able to find a lot of other games that are as good as HOG games but without the H0 scenes.

Have you tried Tiny Bang Story? It's a marvelous and cute puzzle game.

I'm glad a new Azada is out--in fact, I was just wondering the other day when they were going to release a new one.

Hi Ansisera,

I have not tried that game and will be sure to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

Take Care,
Roxie

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Nov 17, 11 8:59 PM
@Roxiestar74 ...And you should try Safecracker, no H0G scenes, and puzzles galore, a real mind-bender!

Edited on 11/17/2011 at 9:00:17 PM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 18, 11 6:28 AM
So it was mislabeled, is that a good reason to have a meltdown? Some of you people amaze me with the importance you place on such miniscule things.

M_E_M_O_M
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by M_E_M_O_M on Nov 18, 11 8:22 AM
Yeah, mislabeled. Tried it, but not for me, so will not be buying this one.....

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Nov 18, 11 11:49 AM
Absolutely THRILLED that this, like the other Azada games, is NOT a HOG!!! YAY!!!!

To me, who can't stand any but the occasional HOG scene, it seems virtually EVERY DAY is a HOG release here, often two! I am not saying it should be otherwise -- it is just my perception and why I only buy an occasional game here. There is (to my eyes) SO rarely a release of what I happen to like -- purely (or almost purely) puzzle and/or adventure.

I do agree with those of all tastes that games should be labeled as accurately as possible, but I also don't think it's a big deal to do a little research, especially if there is a demo, and (inevitably, soon) a walkthrough to glance at.

I will wait for the SE because I never buy CEs (can't afford them, don't see the value) but that is fine -- Drawn SE came out just in time which will (along with puzzle/adventures from other sites) keep me busy until this is released as an SE.

HOORAY for AZADA (and DRAWN!) and THANK YOU BFG for my puzzle fix!!!

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 18, 11 7:50 PM
Carole22759 wrote:@Roxiestar74 ...And you should try Safecracker, no H0G scenes, and puzzles galore, a real mind-bender!

I have not played Safecracker yet. Thanks for your recommendation! I just checked it out and it looks like a good game, but it doesn't have a trial and I am hesitant to buy a game without trying it since I like to make sure games work on my system before purchasing them. It does sound like a lot of fun though so I might just take a risk and use a credit on the game and hope it works. Thanks again!

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 7:58:11 PM PST

Go to: