bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Drawn™: Trail of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 18, 11 12:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

Re:Post any Drawn™: Trail of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 18, 11 1:44 PM
Guess I'll be the first...I got to the "mix the paints" part, and got an error message - something about AMB-palette-spoon-please wait. This didn't happen in the CE demo, hope there's a fix for this.

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Nov 18, 11 3:33 PM
This would have to be one of the slowest games to load. Finally I get to play but am unable to colour in the bird. I reinstalled same problem. gave up

annaroma
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by annaroma on Nov 18, 11 5:45 PM
It seems there are issues when it comes the the posters. The paints did fine for me but I can't color the lamplighter on the poster. The three crayons are faded. Did anyone else this issue?

[Post New]by bennetterica on Nov 18, 11 7:04 PM
When I get to the part in the "Monkey" Cave where I have to match the shapes the game shuts down everytime. I've tried reinstalling with no luck.

[Post New]by bennetterica on Nov 18, 11 7:05 PM
annaroma wrote:It seems there are issues when it comes the the posters. The paints did fine for me but I can't color the lamplighter on the poster. The three crayons are faded. Did anyone else this issue?

The crayons were faded for me too, but eventually I figured out I had to click, hold and drag in order to get it to color the lamplighter.

[Post New]by bennetterica on Nov 18, 11 7:13 PM
bennetterica wrote:When I get to the part in the "Monkey" Cave where I have to match the shapes the game shuts down everytime. I've tried reinstalling with no luck.

Once I gave in and skipped that part the game froze after the lights around the circle started blinking. Grrrrr....

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 18, 11 11:42 PM
I have got to the cat on the rat bridge and it keeps freezing and the game becomes unresponsive. Any ideas?

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Nov 19, 11 4:00 AM
Takes forever to load getting stuck at 80% and then when it finally starts I can't even do the very first part of putting the first picture back together..it's jerky, freezes and then crashes my PC completely, have reloaded ,but it's happened several times now. Had no problem with the first 2. Very disappointed.

annaroma
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by annaroma on Nov 19, 11 4:00 AM
Thank you Bennetteria. I'll go back @ try again.

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Nov 19, 11 11:47 AM
I am getting square yellow symbols full of holes floating around, replacing my cursor, plus some foreign language instead of English! I've never had a problem with any other game. I'll try reinstalling. Any other advice would be great. It also took a long time to load. I have 44 min. left of the trial, and have not played past the first scene yet.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 19, 11 12:18 PM
I know I need to get the pieces of the moon by the tree stump, but there are only two pieces. I played the demo of the CE and remember this part. I got much further in the CE than I can get in this one. I was being patient in order to buy this SE version, but if I can't get passed this

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Nov 19, 11 12:22 PM
grumpy1123 wrote:I am getting square yellow symbols full of holes floating around, replacing my cursor, plus some foreign language instead of English! I've never had a problem with any other game. I'll try reinstalling. Any other advice would be great. It also took a long time to load. I have 44 min. left of the trial, and have not played past the first scene yet.

Hi Grumpy,
I had this same problem with the other two Drawn games after upgrading to a bigger, faster better laptop. I had squares of blue hanging in the scenes and then it would freeze up. I'd check the and see if they can help you. Unfortunately, they couldn't help me and gave me a credit for my games but maybe you will get luckier than I did.

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Nov 19, 11 6:18 PM
calsmom2001 wrote:Guess I'll be the first...I got to the "mix the paints" part, and got an error message - something about AMB-palette-spoon-please wait. This didn't happen in the CE demo, hope there's a fix for this.

I also have this error with the blue paint. The spoon does not go back to the bowl. I had already did the demo for the CE and did not have this problem.

[Post New]by hornekm on Nov 19, 11 6:28 PM
When I get to the frog topiary and the magnifying glass pops up, I click on the frog and the game freezes up. I can go no further. I have exited the game and come back, but still having the same problem. Can this please be resolved?

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Nov 20, 11 10:38 AM
Very slow to load.
Tried to paint the garden of flowers but paint brush started to flash and couldn't correct anything.
Oh well onto Queen of Death!!

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Nov 20, 11 11:05 AM
I painted the whole scene and it keeps acting like I need to do more but it's complete. Going to walkthrough to check for anything sneaky.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Nov 20, 11 12:06 PM
Have a repeating problem. When I give the gold coin to the wizard with the book the game crashes. I am not allowed to take the book. The hand icon remains on when I move the cursor about the screen. It requires a Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit the game. When I restart the game I am not even returned to the spot where the game crashed...nor even to the spot where I started prior to the first crash, but to the spot when I first went underground.

The same crash has occurred at the exact same spot three times. Ergo, I am unable to proceed. As far as I can tell, the game cannot be completed. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by liltornado on Nov 20, 11 1:04 PM
bennetterica wrote:
bennetterica wrote:When I get to the part in the "Monkey" Cave where I have to match the shapes the game shuts down everytime. I've tried reinstalling with no luck.

Once I gave in and skipped that part the game froze after the lights around the circle started blinking. Grrrrr....

I have this exact same problem.
I had to skip the matching thought/memory game because when I clicked to open something to see what it was to match, it got a black screen. After the second or third time of doing that, the game would shut down. So I skipped the game.
Now there are sparklies where I should go "back" or "down" to see the elephant and get the monkey's mouth, but no matter how often I click, it won't let me go there. At least it doesn't shut down, but I can't finish the game. If this is a known bug and not repaired, I'd like my money back.

[Post New]by PPC515 on Nov 20, 11 5:23 PM
I am playing the Mac version on a new MacBook Pro with Lion OS. When I try to color in the raven's wing with charcoal it won't let me. It just closes the window or does nothing. Also, the fullscreen option is checked but it leaves a two inch border around the game on my 17" screen. Any suggestions?

Go to: