bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 18, 11 12:16 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Drawn™: Trail of Shadows? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Drawn™: Trail of Shadows page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

annepat
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows

[Post New]by annepat on Nov 18, 11 12:31 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 12:58:38 AM PST

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 18, 11 12:44 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 12:59:06 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 18, 11 12:55 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 12:59:26 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 18, 11 12:57 AM
Hi everyone,

Just popping by to remind you that this thread is reserved for reviews only, positive or negative.

Game comments can be shared over in this thread here and general discussions not specifically related to this game are best suited for the Chit-Chat Corner.

The moderation team will go ahead and remove any offtopic comments.

Please PM a member of the team if you have any questions.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 6:48:48 AM PST

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Nov 18, 11 1:02 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 1:06:45 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 18, 11 1:44 AM
Here is part of what GINGERGAL posted after the CE was issued, I agreed entirely at the time, and will spend a pcc on the SE.
comparing -

Drawn was darker, and much longer and had amazing interactive paintings of different styles. This is more joyous, fun but WAY shorter and doesn't have any hanging paintings interactions. The 1st had the pop up interactive puzzles this had them all in a book - I loved the book and the finding items but missed the photos interactive and missed the hardness of the first.
With the feel and fairytale graphics this is trying to reinvent itself as it is a bit different to the previous 2 games. But is MUCH easier, making this ideal for gamers that haven't played the 1st drawn yet, and as this is a prequel makes sense doing this.

things I love
- pop up book interactions and the hidden objects
- achievements - they are fun and can replay them easily in sections
- hidden inventory bar - so was immersed in game (can lock it)
- amazing graphics (but lack of color at beginning)
- some harder puzzles
- fun lighter gameplay

things not so good
- Bonus play was so short (I did like the drawings in the bonus though)
- Overall game was way shorter than original drawn
- Way easier than original
- No SG, the hints worked well most of the time but gave me spoilers - would have prefered 'phantom of opera' progressive hints - choose what hint you want or even a "nothing to do in this scene, come back later" or circle to what to do.
- one puzzle (first bonus one) was dreadful in telling the objective and hints

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 1:46:05 AM PST

woodythepecker
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by woodythepecker on Nov 18, 11 4:09 AM
(not removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 4:11:26 AM PST

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Nov 18, 11 4:28 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 5:01:57 AM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Nov 18, 11 4:53 AM
This is the third in a series produced by Big Fish Studios & the graphics & artwork are, for the most part excellent but in a few places the brightness of the visuals changed & the screen looked a little like an over-exposed picture. The screens also moved a little left & right to give the impression of 3D however, if like me this made you queasy it can be turned off in the Options menu.

I really liked the voiceover, it was like listening to a fairy tale told by my grandfather & the music was subtle & melodic.

There are two modes of play; casual with sparkles & experienced without. You get an objective list but no hint button, instead if you click on the objective list you will be advised what to do next to achieve it. In addition, a little way into the game, you will receive a book which gives the story & is also interactive although it is not always logical as to what actions to perform so I ended up clicking everything.

The cursor will change a puzzle piece when you come across items of interest which you should remember as you will no doubt need to perform an action later. Some of the puzzles were fun but all in all I found this too much like a child’s story so am not tempted to buy.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 18, 11 6:00 AM
I have really loved the first game in the series, the second one was so-so, but I don`t like this game very much. I have missed the special feeling in the game. For me its a no buy

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Nov 18, 11 6:19 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 6:47:49 AM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 18, 11 6:43 AM
I passed on the CE of this game and just replayed the demo of the SE. Still there is something that just keeps me from buying it. Finished demo with 29 min. left.
I don't care for a screen that moves around without really going anywhere for one.

I really liked the first Drawn and can't really remember the second. This one has some fun and unique tasks and puzzles and the graphics and narration is great.

I had a problem being able to read the text. It also took forever to load between areas.

I think I will put this on my list to buy if I really need a game but right now there are many others I found I would rather play.

I give this 1/2 out of 5.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Nov 18, 11 7:10 AM
Well, I am really at a loss to say why I dislike this game, as I never really got to play it fully. Of the thirty minutes trial play, I spend all or most of it, looking for charcoal to finish the painting. Still haven't found it and the hints offer no help.

So if this is how the game is going to go, I believe a CE is the right choice. Otherwise, this grandma gets too frustrated in trying to figure out what to do. Also, I think the graphics are a bit pale, and in order to play full screen, I had to remove the aspects. Or click on it to remove it in the options tab.

I will continue to read reviews to see how everyone else rates the game. For me, so far anyway, it isn't worth the price of a SE when things are that difficult to find.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 18, 11 7:17 AM
I'd put it on my list to buy as a SE - very beautiful game. Loved the first one but dragged my way through the second - again, very lovely to look at, but it became tedious for me. The third has gone onto my daily deal list. I found I wasn't interested enough to replay the demo.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Nov 18, 11 8:58 AM
I think you are all wrong LOL - only joking. This is simply amazing. I'm just blown away by the imagination of the people who make this series of games. Story book comes alive. I'm very pleased there is an option for advanced play - I hate sparkles etc.

None of the Drawn Games have been that difficult, just a slightly different sort of game, so I am a bit baffled by people saying its too easy - perhaps fishies are getting better at playing!!!

This is a MUST buy for me. I think the graphics are wonderful and once again want to say Kudos to the makers for their soaring imagination.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Nov 18, 11 8:59 AM
I think you are all wrong LOL - only joking. This is simply amazing. I'm just blown away by the imagination of the people who make this series of games. Story book comes alive. I'm very pleased there is an option for advanced play - I hate sparkles etc.

None of the Drawn Games have been that difficult, just a slightly different sort of game, so I am a bit baffled by people saying its too easy - perhaps fishies are getting better at playing!!!

This is a MUST buy for me. I think the graphics are wonderful and once again want to say Kudos to the makers for their soaring imagination.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Nov 18, 11 9:13 AM
I played the CE demo. While I loved it, it was quite short. When I finished, I still had 23 minutes left on the clock. I downloaded the SE today. I'll report back when I've got a better feel for overall game length.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 18, 11 10:32 AM
I'm sure some will love this game and all, but I don't care for the cartoon-like graphics. Didn't care for the CE, so won't buy this one either. Maybe something better tomorrow.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 18, 11 12:35 PM
I bought the CE and played it, including the bonus, in about 4 hours. Very short game, the shortest of the series. The puzzles in this one were much easier than in the previous two games. The story is engaging, but redundant in some places. The artwork and graphics, along with the music, are as always top notch. For those who don't like the moving screen, that can be turned off in the options menu.

I enjoyed the first two Drawn games, but this one, while enjoyable and colorful, was not quite up to par. On CE vs SE, CE includes the bonus game (very, very short), downloadable wallpapers and music tracks, concept art, the smart guide (the written hints on the left of the inventory which the SE retains, as well as screenshot hints to the right of the inventory, missing from the SE). The CE also has achievements and the ability to select a specific chapter to replay, useful for getting those achievements.

If you were iffy on the CE, the SE is the way to go. I was not satisfied with the CE content, but the core game is certainly a joy to play.

Edited on 11/18/2011 at 1:16:24 PM PST

Go to: