bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 19, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness forum

[Post New]by LostForever on Nov 19, 11 6:01 AM
Does anyone know if you do not purchase a certain amount of games every month Big Fish will cancel your membership??. I have a game club credit and I can not use it for this weekend. What is going on??

[Post New]by belldealer on Nov 19, 11 11:18 AM
IS THERE GOING TO BE A WALKTHROUGH FOR THIS GAME?

mkubrat1
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mkubrat1 on Nov 19, 11 3:43 PM

Fabulous game!!! Everything went without a single glitch..graphics are great, music is adventurous music....great job, developers!!!

[Post New]by gift_of_reading on Nov 19, 11 5:37 PM
Hey, Lostforever. I don't think you have to worry. I've gone several months without purchasing a game. As long as they can get your monthly payment, they're happy. Why would they cancel you if you're a loyal dues-playing member? Your game credits just keep accruing; use them when you're ready.

e11a22s33
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by e11a22s33 on Nov 20, 11 7:09 AM
@ belldealer ~ you do not need a walk-though for this game. In the bottom right hand corner of the game by the hint is a stone figure. If you click on him twice it will give you the information you need to continue. Also, the hint button will show you where you need to go as well. It was a VERY nice feature to have when I played this game last night!!

[Post New]by belldealer on Nov 20, 11 5:02 PM
I don't want the walkthrough to get information on how to play the game. I want the walkthrough to see how long the game is so that I can figure out if it's worth it to buy it.

[Post New]by belldealer on Nov 20, 11 5:03 PM
I don't want the walkthrough to get information on how to play the game. I want the walkthrough to see how long the game is so that I can figure out if it's worth it to buy it.

bette76502
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bette76502 on Nov 23, 11 4:40 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get the red prism out of the box . I have clicked on it so many times my fingers are soar. I hit the hint button and the little hand keeps sending me there. I cannot get it out and cannot proceed. HELp i am frustrated.

bette76502
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bette76502 on Nov 23, 11 4:40 AM
Can anyone tell me how to get the red prism out of the box . I have clicked on it so many times my fingers are soar. I hit the hint button and the little hand keeps sending me there. I cannot get it out and cannot proceed. HELp i am frustrated.

bette76502
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bette76502 on Nov 23, 11 4:41 AM
OOPS! I posted that twice. Oh well maybe I will get an answer faster.

Welcome to Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness forum

[Post New]by wallycando on Nov 26, 11 12:52 PM
I am stuck at the gateway to the city. I can't get either the chalk icorns or the sign icorns to move no matter what I do. I even followed the hint to no avail. help
The magnifyer points to a mechanism but nothing is revealed.

MJTh_
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by MJTh_ on Dec 13, 11 11:26 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game. The music is great (not annoying like many games) The hint system is just enough to help you on your way. I am relaxed playing this game. It has just enough mystery and puzzles to not become tedious or boring. I whole heartedly recommend this one. Is long enough & interesting enough to be work my dime.

LV123
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by LV123 on Dec 19, 11 6:21 PM
Hi all,

I am playing the iPad version and I keep getting stuck somehow at the book. I have put together the puzzle page and exited this screen, somehow I ended up back at the open book and I can not exit the screen now. The puzzle page is in my inventory completed I try to drag it back up to the book but I get a message that will not work. The hine tells me to go find something, but... I can it close the boox or exit the screen to progress anywhere else. I have uploaded and reloaded and somehow got back to e same stuck place. Can anyone help me get off the book?

I accidently reported this as offensive... Opps... It is not, except that I reloaded the game again making every effort to stay out of the map room as that is where I seem to get stuck on the book... And sure enough it happened again. I am very frustrated at this time. I was enjoying the game... Now I am frustrated. Anyone have any input?
BigFish... I think this is a bug as I read some of the posts on the app store and multiple people mentioned this happening to them to.

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 11:35:27 AM PST

retiredrn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by retiredrn on Dec 28, 11 7:11 PM
I am new to this and can't even find the create discussion button. I have just reloaded Mountains of Madness after having played it once some time ago and need to get to the excavation site and can't find a way of getting there. Need a tool to remove snow from second tent. Hope someone sees this and can help.

[Post New]by pbabe60 on Dec 30, 11 12:38 PM
On the iPad version, I cannot find the petroleum at the crash site to fill my lamp in order to go down the dark steps. When I click 'hint', the lighter and a glass fragment twinkle. I don't get the connection? Thanks for any help.

[Post New]by Squidsandwich on Jan 1, 12 9:26 AM
I downloaded the game for my iPad and also am getting stuck on the book. Super frustrating. Even bought the game thinking might help. Solved the map puzzle and recovered the three prisms and was headed to plane to get petroleum for lamp and boom. No way to get off screen. The game is great but it doesn't work. Also music? No music on my iPad.

[Post New]by maryloustoren on Jan 2, 12 5:53 PM
I seem to be stuck on the book. I put the page together but I can't get out of it. I've tried to put the page back in place and that doesn't work either. I can' t get back to the game. Guess I have to do something with this page but what?

Go to: