bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 19, 11 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness technical issues here only

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Nov 19, 11 1:04 AM
the game looks good but keeps stopping and starting.

viclynn17
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by viclynn17 on Nov 19, 11 2:45 AM
Bought the game and like so far, but got to the dome and was kicked back to the strart, said some thing about error and started over. This did not happen till i bought the game.
Well it happen a second time. I uninstalled and went back 2 play and was fine. I am back to where I ended when the error occured.

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 5:18:57 AM PST

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Nov 19, 11 4:02 AM
I'm getting the stopping and starting constantly too.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Nov 19, 11 4:21 AM
I also keep getting a stuttering effect all through this game. I would probably have bought it, but the stopping and starting choppy play ruined it for me.

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Nov 19, 11 4:27 AM
I've tried everything Big Fish suggest but still same problem.

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 4:28:17 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 19, 11 4:42 AM
The game did the same thing to me, a error occurred, started the game over again, until this is fixed No buy for me..seems like a nice game..sorry BF and DEV's

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 19, 11 4:43 AM
The game did the same thing to me, a error occurred, started the game over again, until this is fixed No buy for me..seems like a nice game..sorry BF and DEV's

cjdj99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cjdj99 on Nov 19, 11 10:36 AM
Stuttering, runs for 3 or 4 seconds, freeze frame, runs, freezes, stutters. Cleaned out browsing system, defragged, got rid of clutter, checked for driver updates, etc. Computer runs great now but game still stutters, runs for few seconds and freeze frames. Too bad as I liked what little I saw and would have purchased it.

wandazz
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by wandazz on Nov 19, 11 10:39 AM
I noticed that the system requirements showed Windows XP and Vista. Will I have a problem running this game with Windows7? no use downloading the demo if this will cause technical problems.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 19, 11 11:48 AM
wandazz wrote:I noticed that the system requirements showed Windows XP and Vista. Will I have a problem running this game with Windows7? no use downloading the demo if this will cause technical problems.

"System Requirements" mean that the minimum system requirement is XP and Vista, not the maximum. What they are saying is that you can't, for example, play this game anymore on Windows ME.

wandazz
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by wandazz on Nov 19, 11 12:46 PM
thanks valdy. I'm off to dl the demo.

[Post New]by hippiefishie on Nov 19, 11 2:26 PM
Looks like a good game but it's also stopping and starting for me, too...all other games are still working great but I did everything suggested to fix this one and it's still not fixed...nothing but stuttering...I hope Big Fish can get it fixed...maybe they'll have an update to fix it.

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 2:32:27 PM PST

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Nov 19, 11 3:10 PM
If you are using Windows 7 make sure you have the game compatibility set to run on Windows 7. I did this and it solved the problem. Hope this helps.

cjdj99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cjdj99 on Nov 19, 11 5:54 PM
iluvcatsuk wrote:If you are using Windows 7 make sure you have the game compatibility set to run on Windows 7. I did this and it solved the problem. Hope this helps.

How do you do set the compatibility to run on Windows 7?

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Nov 20, 11 12:53 AM
go to start menu, then click computer, select c/ drive and then click on Programme Files, scroll down until the name of the game shows. Click on that and the files will show up on right. Look for the file that has exe after it and right click. Select Properties and then click on Compatibility tab at the top and you can select Windows 7 there. Hope you can understand all that lol.

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 12:57:05 AM PST

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Nov 20, 11 4:18 AM
Yep, it must be a thing with Windows 7 because it works fine on my Vista, but stutters and freezes on Win 7...But since our win 7 has to have a special compatibility to have the game manager work at all...probably can't change it on mine.

[Post New]by greenlacelady on Nov 20, 11 6:55 AM
the machanisn to open the round ,when i try to light the number 2 one light does not come on , this is keeping me from going inside round door.many thanks
greenlacelady

blue1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by blue1955 on Nov 20, 11 9:48 AM
I also am having trouble with it freezing. Keeps freezing. I am running windows 7.

blue1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by blue1955 on Nov 20, 11 9:52 AM
iluvcatsuk wrote:go to start menu, then click computer, select c/ drive and then click on Programme Files, scroll down until the name of the game shows. Click on that and the files will show up on right. Look for the file that has exe after it and right click. Select Properties and then click on Compatibility tab at the top and you can select Windows 7 there. Hope you can understand all that lol.

I went all the way to the file but found no exe file

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 9:54:01 AM PST

Go to: