textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 19, 11 4:54 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

Re:Comments for Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Nov 19, 11 6:02 AM
Played 42 minutes of the demo, exited and bought it. The graphics are stunning, the game play is interesting, the plot is a little different from what I'm used to, and there are no technical issues to deal with. I have come across several HOS, all very clear and not impossible to find. The hints are great and load quickly, and the advice button is just like a strategy guide. I give this one

[Post New]by 70summerfield on Nov 19, 11 8:45 AM
I agree it,s a great game' but how do you get the second tent open with the crowbar and shovel?

[Post New]by corwinky on Nov 19, 11 12:18 PM
You go elsewhere and get a knife.

Anybody know how to open the trunk inside the dome, with the shapes and number code? I tried using the number of lines in the shapes underneath but that doesn't seem to be it.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 19, 11 12:20 PM
I think it's the number of corners in the shapes on the note.

To open the second tent you need to dig it out with the shovel.

Edited on 11/19/2011 at 12:24:11 PM PST

[Post New]by corwinky on Nov 19, 11 12:21 PM
Thanks! That did it!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 19, 11 1:17 PM
I just reached the part of the game with the code again myself, and just to clarify: you need to enter the number of DOTS, not necessarily corners (as there is one where a dot is not technically a corner).

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 19, 11 1:33 PM
WOW, played the demo an bought it. Graphics are good, the story line is interesting and the game is challenging.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Nov 19, 11 1:34 PM
WOW, played the demo an bought it. Graphics are good, the story line is interesting and the game is challenging.

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Nov 22, 11 7:05 PM
Great Game! It was different.............geezo it made me cold!

Thanks Developers and BF!

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Nov 24, 11 10:50 PM
great game, very different from other games, most of the time I have no idea what I should do and why but I'm enjoying myself a lot
and the hintsystem works perfectly

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on Nov 24, 11 10:55 PM
All you who played the demo are lucky! When I downloaded the game it said my free trial had expired and I didn't have chance to play it!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 24, 11 11:22 PM
valeriepres wrote:All you who played the demo are lucky! When I downloaded the game it said my free trial had expired and I didn't have chance to play it!

I have never had this problem but I have read several posts from those who have.
Many stated that it seemed to be a glitch in the GM and if you un-install and re-d/l
the game it will remedy it the problem. It seemed that it worked for as many as it failed for others. But if you really want to play this game maybe it would be worth a try. I hope in your case it will work! If it does not please contact CS, they have always been most helpful when I've had any problems. Sorry I could not be more help! Good luck I like this game so much I just purchased it for my iPad so I could play when I am away from the pc.
BK

[Post New]by Gizzmotime on Nov 26, 11 7:22 AM
I played the free hour & was excited to get the game now that I have it I am NOT happy with it I am stuck at the city limits nothing works I do what it says to do & nothing!!! waste of time for me to even try to play it this is the first game that I am dissapointed with

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Dec 18, 11 8:00 AM
I got the game elsewhere and thought it was very good and that it did quite a good job in keeping up the atmosphere of the Lovecraft tale. My only dissapointment was that, the it's too short (under 4 hours).

Jolly6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jolly6 on Dec 27, 11 11:40 AM
I bought this game without first trying the demo since the reviews were good and it was based on a Lovecraft tale. Big mistake. I disliked this game after the first 15 minutes but kept thinking it would get more interesting or better paced or better tied together. I kept on playing and it never improved for me. I was almost happy that it's so short.
The story line, while different from what we see in many HOGs/Adventure games, was poorly fleshed out and left way too many holes. The main scary monster is barely seen and way too easily dealt with.
The graphics were OK, but more cartoonish than I like. In some hidden object scenes, none of which were difficult, the blurry background made me put on reading glasses and nearly stick my nose into the screen.
Several inventory items were used once, but stayed just sitting in the inventory which made me think they had to be used somewhere again.
The puzzles were a bit different, which was the best part of the game, but they weren't interesting enough to have made this game worth a buy.
Very disappointing.

Go to: