BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 20, 11 3:21 AM
Just FYI to tech support for this game:
I had no problems with either the d/l or the gameplay, so imagine my surprise when I exited the game to get the following error message accompanied by the dreaded black screen:
"Error: Access violation at 0x100D5419 (tried to read from 0x0000000C) program terminated".
This happened both times I exited the game. After the first time, which I thought might be a fluke, the game opened just fine and I played another 15 or so minutes before closing only to have the identical results. I am running XP on a HP desktop and this is a first for me. I have had games stop on me while playing with an error message, but not upon exiting!
BK

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 10:52:25 AM PST


 
smilestogo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by smilestogo on Nov 20, 11 7:05 AM
After DL, I was going to play and it said: Time expired- what's up with that?!! I hadn't even PLAYED the game!

 

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 20, 11 7:25 AM
smilestogo wrote: After DL, I was going to play and it said: Time expired- what's up with that?!! I hadn't even PLAYED the game!
Try to uninstall and install again. Sometimes it's working. Good luck!

 
MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Nov 20, 11 7:42 AM
BearKat wrote:I exited the game to get the following error message accompanied by the dreaded black screen:
"Error: Access violation at 0x100D5419 (tried to read from 0x0000000C) program terminated"


Same here, Bearcat.
The Access VIolation raises my Windows Taskbar up high after the exit crash happens. The only workaround I've found is to minimize the game and then "End Task" it from the "Task Manager".

 

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kittyclaw1980 on Nov 20, 11 7:49 AM

BEWARE! This might contain spoilers!


I've got a problem, in the game at some point you must search the maid's room, for the bellows (to turn the silver bar liquid) and then you must look for a tusk. the problem is, there is absolutely no tusk to find, the hint shows where it's supposed to be, but that place is empty! I've looked also in the strategy guide, and the place the hint shows it's circle, is indeed the place where according to the guide the tusk must be. I've tried to click every millimetre in that spot, but I come out empty handed, also I've tried to restart the game, (and also the computer) and still, nothing! so do you know a solution to this problem?

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 7:55:06 AM PST


 
peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 20, 11 8:00 AM
kittyclaw1980 wrote:
BEWARE! This might contain spoilers!


I've got a problem, in the game at some point you must search the maid's room, for the bellows (to turn the silver bar liquid) and then you must look for a tusk. the problem is, there is absolutely no tusk to find, the hint shows where it's supposed to be, but that place is empty! I've looked also in the strategy guide, and the place the hint shows it's circle, is indeed the place where according to the guide the tusk must be. I've tried to click every millimetre in that spot, but I come out empty handed, also I've tried to restart the game, (and also the computer) and still, nothing! so do you know a solution to this problem?

I have looked a couple of times for you but I cannot see where you are asked for a tusk. Could you point out the page in the strategy guide where you are looking and I will see if I can help you?

 

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kittyclaw1980 on Nov 20, 11 8:54 AM
peglegann wrote:
kittyclaw1980 wrote:
BEWARE! This might contain spoilers!


I've got a problem, in the game at some point you must search the maid's room, for the bellows (to turn the silver bar liquid) and then you must look for a tusk. the problem is, there is absolutely no tusk to find, the hint shows where it's supposed to be, but that place is empty! I've looked also in the strategy guide, and the place the hint shows it's circle, is indeed the place where according to the guide the tusk must be. I've tried to click every millimetre in that spot, but I come out empty handed, also I've tried to restart the game, (and also the computer) and still, nothing! so do you know a solution to this problem?

I have looked a couple of times for you but I cannot see where you are asked for a tusk. Could you point out the page in the strategy guide where you are looking and I will see if I can help you?


chapter 4 page 4, and thank you for replying so fast.

 
druishprin
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by druishprin on Nov 20, 11 9:01 AM
I cant give stella the elixer

 
peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 20, 11 9:06 AM
Kittyclaw, I forgot to say welcome to the pond

I see a tusk, on the floor below the boot. I have to say, that I had no problem there. I am now stuck as to how to help you any further. So, sorry
Hope someone else comes along to solve this for you.

 

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kittyclaw1980 on Nov 20, 11 9:26 AM
peglegann wrote:Kittyclaw, I forgot to say welcome to the pond

I see a tusk, on the floor below the boot. I have to say, that I had no problem there. I am now stuck as to how to help you any further. So, sorry
Hope someone else comes along to solve this for you.


thank you for the warm welcome, and I'll keep an eye on this forum, see if someone can give a solution indeed.

 
smilestogo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by smilestogo on Nov 20, 11 10:43 AM
Thank you for the advice, dobbiemijnboekji... I did delete and re-downloaded and it worked!!

 
Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Technical Problems For Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Nov 20, 11 10:49 AM
I just got into the Manor and now I can't pick up (move) the pillow, the candelabra or the picture...And I can't exit the Manor at all...is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

 
bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 20, 11 10:53 AM
Hey fishies!

Thanks for starting this thread, I've got it sticked now.

-bfgHondo

---------------------------------------

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Access Violation
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

 
Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 20, 11 11:41 AM
In the thread titled "is it a bug or what else? possible spoiler", cjdj99 wrote:

cjdj99 wrote:
NorwegianWood wrote:Me too.....I realized that I should have had four pieces of the fresco when I had only two.Checked with the SG, and was able to go back and pick up the one in the mine. I am pretty sure that it was the piece on the serpent column I missed, can't remember doing anything else there besides picking up the snake....but the column is not clickable ! Help......!


There is a bug. I found out the hard way that if you don't pick up the fresco piece on the pillar before getting the snake you will not be able to go back and get it. Took me forever to figure it out and had to start over with a new game to finally get it.


I find myself in the same position. Having picked up every fresco piece I could find, I wondered why I only had 3 of 4 pieces, and therefore could not add the found objects to the fresco.

Now that I am on chapter 4, where the fresco piece with all ingredients is needed in the Lab, I cannot continue with the game. I have been back to all 4 locations, and there is not any final fresco piece to be found and picked up, nor are any of the 4 locations clickable.

It's quite possible, as cjdj99 said, that I captured the snake before trying to pick up that fresco piece at the stone pillar in the woods. I've been playing for 5 hours now and still have 2 chapters to go, (and loving it, btw - superb game), but am dismayed to think that I might have to start over!

BFG and devs, is this a bug/glitch?

 

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Nov 20, 11 12:27 PM
I have played for about 20 minutes and it keeps exiting out of the game i am able to get back in but this has done this about every 2 to 3 minutes and its getting to be a pain

 
holiewood
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by holiewood on Nov 20, 11 1:48 PM
I too am having a problem that nobody has mentioned yet. I have the tumbler and I put it where it belongs but even after I attempt to input the code to unlock it won't open. Both the first and last numbers get stuck while trying to turn from 1 to 0. Now it won't open at all. I know the code is right because I double checked in the SG. Anybody??

 
VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Nov 20, 11 2:41 PM
BearKat wrote:Just FYI to tech support for this game:
I had no problems with either the d/l or the gameplay, so imagine my surprise when I exited the game to get the following error message accompanied by the dreaded black screen:
"Error: Access violation at 0x100D5419 (tried to read from 0x0000000C) program terminated".
This happened both times I exited the game. After the first time, which I thought might be a fluke, the game opened just fine and I played another 15 or so minutes before closing only to have the identical results. I am running XP on a HP desktop and this is a first for me. I have had games stop on me while playing with an error message, but not upon exiting!
BK


BearKat,

I too am getting this error upon exiting this game although I'm running Windows 7.

I also got this same error on Strange Cases last month. I had contacted BFG support on Strange Cases and they had me check and update all of my drivers, DirectX, Flash & Shockwave. They never could figure out what was wrong and gave me 3 coupons (which can't be used on CE games).

I hope you'll report this to Support, which I'll be doing shortly, they need to know its not just 1 person.

 
footje
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by footje on Nov 20, 11 2:51 PM
cannot find the last fresco pice nor the hammer needed for the mirror near the sink?

 
uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by uwflossi on Nov 20, 11 3:26 PM
Hello dear fishies. I was able to play the trial. No problems. After I have bought the game:

Access violation at 0x10106140 (tried to read from 0x32C5D000) program terminated.

I can look at the options, the bonus folder. But when I want to play no way.
I have deleted and re-installed. The same problem. I reported to the support team. With Dr. Felix attached. Maybe they can help me. Or do you have a hint for me? I really would like to play this game (of course ;-))

 
pjenks
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by pjenks on Nov 20, 11 4:10 PM
I played a little of the demo, and when I exited my screen went black and I had to restart. I down loaded again and the same thing happened. Whats up

 
 
 
 
Go to: