bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Reviews for Secrets of the Vatican: The Holy Lance

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 20, 11 2:44 PM
Hi fishies!

What did you think of Secrets of the Vatican: The Holy Lance? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, and now you can post them right from the game page! For more information about our Game Reviews, please click here.

Once you’ve submitted your review, please feel free to come back and re-post your thoughts in this thread. Remember, a lot of people who will be reading these reviews haven’t played this game yet, so if you’re posting any spoilers, please be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post. You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game, you can create a new discussion in the game forum. And if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 11/21/2011 at 4:59:22 AM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:Reviews for Secrets of the Vatican: The Holy Lance

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 21, 11 12:42 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhh..... *swims screaming in pain from the pond searching for a kelp bed to try and hide her massive form*

It's... it's.... it's.... an.... *shudder* HdO game..... eeeeekkkkkkkkkk.... no no no no no no no.... oh the humanity err I mean fishanity!

Ok review time.... seriously... it's an HdO game. That about says it all. Same clunky controls and fingernail on a chalkboard game play. Really if you've played on HdO game you've played them all.

On the plus side... it fills my widescreen monitor with no adjustment needed. Graphics are clear, not fuzzy on my screen. Story is historically based and could be interesting although you aren't allowed to skip and you have to click exactly on the arrow to move forward instead of anywhere on the screen. So annoying. It's almost 2012 HdO needs to catch up. Options are for music, sound, brightness and windowed mode. Kudos for offering the brightness option.

On the down side... just about everything else. They tell you everything and it's hard to avoid the instruction. It's a hidden object game and yet they STILL feel the need to say that my objective is to find the hidden objects?? REALLY??? Yuck. Oh and in case you don't know what the means they go on to say that there will be a list at the bottom of the screen and those are the items we are to find. :rolls eyes:

Basically as I said... if you've played on you've played them all... same old same old map to click the location on to play. And then the obnoxious HUGE yellowed cut-out figure shadows that you click to read the conversation. I guess (as usual) they couldn't be bothered to actually put a graphic of a person there... just the silhouette. Not much more to say... I couldn't force myself to play much past the opening screen.

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Nov 21, 11 12:49 AM
I don't often write in forums or review games but I had to with this one - it's terrible! When you consider there are games like RTR and Dark Tales, just to name two, this is so amateurish I'm surprised that BF has bothered with it at all.
I only lasted 15 minutes with cardboard cutouts sliding in and out and objects impossible to see. Sorry BF I don't think there will be too many sales for this one.
Having said that, I love BF and own many great games so keep up the good work (apart from this disaster!) lol

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Nov 21, 11 12:54 AM
Say no more.HDO.Downloaded to see if maybe they changed a bit.No such luck.Oh well,happy gaming

[Post New]by fishiegamer on Nov 21, 11 1:24 AM
For me it was just boreing. Played trial for 25mins hopeing it would get somwhere but after H0 after H0 after H0, (and tiny objects even using the magnifier), it didn't show any signs of getting any better or more interesting.
Had it, bined it, move on. Shame, - it's such a good title

Edited on 11/21/2011 at 1:25:22 AM PST

[Post New]by angelmyside on Nov 21, 11 1:42 AM
I do not normally submit reviews either but this one deserves it - definately a "no buy" for me. Too simple and nothing special about it.

[Post New]by bonnadonna on Nov 21, 11 2:01 AM
Big Big Big Fish FYI We hate these games. Did you ever play one. We expect more for our $84.00 .

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Nov 21, 11 2:48 AM
This is a game from Anuman, MZONStudios & Solilab produced by HdO & as ever with this type of game you are given a rundown of how to play it & what the game icons signify at the start. There are two modes of play, untimed & timed & you are given 3 hints, more hints can be collected by clicking on any stars you find in a screen. During the short demo that I was able to play pretty much every scene was a hidden object.

The graphics are clear & bright but the objects can be extremely tiny. There are no voiceovers although there is clickable dialogue; however the characters flit in & out of the screen as they ‘speak’. Only the main character is drawn, those he interacts with are just silhouettes which is a pretty odd & rather a cheap way of cutting costs perhaps.

I was only able to play for 20 minutes as I reached an item that I could not pick up, I tried in both timed & untimed modes & got stuck at the same place in both. However this was no hardship, I was looking forward to playing this game due to the title but it isn’t the sort of adventure I had imagined & so many objects are too small so I will not be buying.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Nov 21, 11 3:20 AM
Off topic for a moment guys

There is now a review thread attached to the TGT game title which is in addition to this one. I did let the Mods know there are two forums for this game.

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Nov 21, 11 3:23 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by to let you know that, as a new forum was created for this game with a new Reviews thread, I'll be locking this one to avoid any confusion but please feel free to re-post your issue HERE

Hope this helps!

bfgKenai

Go to: