[Post New]by oma2max on Nov 21, 11 2:02 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get to the basement? Many thanks

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

Re:Basement

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 21, 11 2:17 PM
Through the parlor, and through the music room into the downstairs area. You have to complete a puzzle to get out of the music room just behind the dead Nanny.

When you are in the downstairs area, look for a small door in the corner to the left of the grand staircase. You'll have to solve another puzzle to get the door open.

Good Luck!

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Nov 21, 11 5:30 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:Through the parlor, and through the music room into the downstairs area. You have to complete a puzzle to get out of the music room just behind the dead Nanny.

When you are in the downstairs area, look for a small door in the corner to the left of the grand staircase. You'll have to solve another puzzle to get the door open.

Good Luck!

The objects in the door puzzle here aren't working for me, I already put the sun medallion up in the corner and I'm supposed to be opening doors and such, but nothing responds when I click on it. Any ideas?

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 21, 11 5:41 PM
Do you mean that there is no animation when you click on something?
The flag doesn't go up or the ferris wheel doesn't turn?

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Nov 22, 11 5:01 PM
Lady_Cav wrote:Do you mean that there is no animation when you click on something?
The flag doesn't go up or the ferris wheel doesn't turn?

Exactly. I tried clicking around on things before checking the Strategy Guide and it didn't work, so I tried to go back and see if I'd missed putting something in the right place, but I don't see that I missed anything. The animation just isn't responding at all.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Nov 22, 11 5:13 PM
Well, I know that this sounds like a broken record, and I apologize in advance, but....

1. go back a few screens or outside the house and then come back in and see if it works.
2. Close the game completely and restart the game and see if it works.
3. Restart your computer and then see if it works.
4. Check to see that you have the latest graphics card driver update for your computer.
5. Start the game over from the beginning with a new profile name. Sorry.
6. If all else fails, uninstall and reinstall the game from your game manager. You won't lost any progress that you have made thus far with your original profile name.

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Nov 24, 11 12:27 PM
Oh that makes me sad! I may try uninstalling/reinstalling - really hope I don't have to start over with a new profile. Thank you for the advice!

Go to: