bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 22, 11 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jackryan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake technical issues here only

[Post New]by jackryan on Nov 22, 11 3:49 AM
Unable to play due to the constant white boxes where I think instructions should be !

ladytdd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lake technical issues here only

[Post New]by ladytdd on Nov 22, 11 4:34 AM
I've got the floating cursor syndrome!!

tedebear
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tedebear on Nov 22, 11 6:38 AM
Another game that keeps kicking me back to the Game Manager!. It downloaded fine and my computer is up to par. I have used Dr. Felix and !. Please BF, fix the problem of no starting games!

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Nov 22, 11 11:47 AM
Same as jackryan, large white boxes keep appearing. Also the cursor has a mind of its own. Just uninstalled.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Nov 22, 11 12:29 PM
In the room at the end of the hall, which you opened the door by matching the correct wings with the correct "bird", I have the rune stones and it took one of them, but will not let me set the other two. I have no other way to collect the stained glass flower. I have tried and tried but it doesn't like the rune stones. What do I do?

[Post New]by dawnsamjay2071 on Nov 22, 11 12:38 PM
Same as Tedebear...getting real tired of constant problems with BFG

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Nov 22, 11 12:52 PM
Another game that will not launch. Just kicks you back to the game manager. Just went through the time period after the CE was released and still no fix.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 22, 11 1:32 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're unable to launch this game, are having troubles with your cursor, or are experiencing any other graphics-related issues, please follow the steps in this help article to make sure that all of your that graphics software is up to date:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Nov 22, 11 2:06 PM
My curser was dragging so bad I went to options to change and when I did the curser disappeared and locked up the computer. Had to shut down and power back up and went back to game and no curser at all. Deleted game too bad I liked the very beginning that I got to play. No problems with my computer.

[Post New]by kdenise123 on Nov 22, 11 2:55 PM
Another game I can't play because it takes me right back to game manager. Very frustrating.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 22, 11 3:27 PM
Has anybody got an answer on how to fix this damn floating cursor!

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Nov 22, 11 3:46 PM
I'm having trouble at the Spider Gate. I placed the yellow rune, moved it around a bit and then went to the walkthrough. When I came back and tried to put the rune back into its correct starting position, the whole faceplate fell off and I'm left with a spider shaped hole. Is this meant to happen?

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 22, 11 3:53 PM
The same thing happened with this that happened in the CE for me. When I tried to move from room to room the room would be all black. I would still have all the surrounding things like inventory and hint but I have to back out of the game and push play again to get the area I needed.

Would have really liked to play this but there have been a few lately that just don't work for me

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Nov 22, 11 6:02 PM
judygoodfellow wrote:I'm having trouble at the Spider Gate. I placed the yellow rune, moved it around a bit and then went to the walkthrough. When I came back and tried to put the rune back into its correct starting position, the whole faceplate fell off and I'm left with a spider shaped hole. Is this meant to happen?
,,Same thing happened to me...I have on idea how to get around it.

Edited on 11/22/2011 at 6:05:12 PM PST

[Post New]by struggling1 on Nov 23, 11 4:41 PM
The game is generally working as expected. However, adding missing game pieces takes a lot of patience. I must add the missing pieces to the game many, many times before it is accepted. Is this a known glitch?

caninebat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by caninebat on Nov 25, 11 2:18 AM
same old same old game will not load goes straight back to game manager

[Post New]by Melatonine on Nov 25, 11 3:25 AM
struggling1 wrote:The game is generally working as expected. However, adding missing game pieces takes a lot of patience. I must add the missing pieces to the game many, many times before it is accepted. Is this a known glitch?

Same problem with trying to place the puzzle pieces, i'm realy getting tyred of it.

jumbo2765
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jumbo2765 on Nov 25, 11 4:49 PM
Well I've been playing the game for a few days now and never had a problem, but now I can't even get the game to load anymore. Have tried numerous time. All I get anymore is an Access Error Violation 0X004D3BE5. Hit OK to close the error and back to the desktop I go. This is not the first time I,ve ever gotten this error while trying to run a BFG game. And don't give me COMMON sense advice like update my driver, they already are or reinstalling the game, already tried that.

spenthen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by spenthen on Nov 26, 11 7:55 AM
judygoodfellow wrote:I'm having trouble at the Spider Gate. I placed the yellow rune, moved it around a bit and then went to the walkthrough. When I came back and tried to put the rune back into its correct starting position, the whole faceplate fell off and I'm left with a spider shaped hole. Is this meant to happen?

I have the same issue. According to the walkthrough the gate is where we get the 2nd piece to the key so it is impossible to move forward in the game.

Go to: