Cradle of Egypt

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Cradle of Egypt

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 23, 11 12:05 AM
Explore the lands of the Pharaohs and the Cradle of Egypt! Enjoy the miraculous constructions in this awesome Match 3 game! Journey through five ancient epochs and build your own Egypt. Starting from a small village, develop your settlement into the most powerful civilization, the cradle of all civilizations! Collect resources, construct various buildings, and finish with the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, and other magnificent temples!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Cradle of Egypt

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 23, 11 12:47 AM
I cannot believe this is a soft release.

Yayyy, yayyy, yayyy... I have been waiting for this game! Yayyy, yayyy, yayyy!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 23, 11 1:54 AM
Yipeeee I have the other cradle games. Does anyone know the diff between the CE and the regular?

I love these games.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 23, 11 2:07 AM
I am really glad I remembered to check for a soft release today ! This is a fun IMHO M3 game. I have played for 50 minutes and just stopped to purchase. The graphics are clear,crisp, and colorful, the backgrounds are interesting and detailed, there are powerups to be atttained as well as trophies, you can make matches while other tiles are falling and VERY BEST OF ALL there are TWO modes of play. Timed AND untimed! Yea!! Thanks especially Devs for giving us this choice. There are sliders for sfx and music volume. Choice of custom or system cursor and a button for windowed mode. I had no tech problems with either the d/l or with the gameplay. I played with the custom cursor and it behaved beautifully. Upon re-entering the game it had done as promised and saved my progress. As I stated, it is a buy for me and I heartily recommend giving this one a trial run! Thanks and Devs for a great game.
Happy Gaming All
BK

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 23, 11 2:23 AM
This is a fun match 3 games, same quality as the previous games in the series. For me its a buy

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 23, 11 2:24 AM
BearKat wrote:and VERY BEST OF ALL there are TWO modes of play. Timed AND untimed!
BK

That's why I am so happy about this game, because I can play it in untimed mode.
I own "Cradle of Persia", and love the game, but because it only comes in timed mode, I had a lot of trouble finishing it just once. I never bought the other "Cradle of" games, because I just can't keep up with the speed. My fingers tend to get stiff and hurt if I play fast and furious games. So yeah... I am really happy about the untimed mode in this game.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Nov 23, 11 4:38 AM
Yet another superb Cradle game. The added relaxed mode is great, but I would have gotten it even if it wasn't there. I've finished the CE version in the relaxed mode several times. At my age the relaxed addition makes my nerves happy.

The CE had Tips, WP's, Music, all the puzzles, and a bonus challenge section [no relaxed here]. Tourney and Blitz. I bought it at Big Fish also since it's easier to move to my new computer - it's portable - no code needed.

It's a joy to just watch these tiles fall. The ice blocks are gone.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 23, 11 5:48 AM
I have all the cradles. I played the demo untimed, but I am going for timed. Gives more challenge.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 23, 11 6:42 AM
I did the Beta on this and enjoyed it very much. Clear graphics and fun play. It's a buy for me!

Happy gaming

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Nov 23, 11 8:10 AM
WOO HOO....So happy it is here , LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a great M3 game !!
Thanks Valdy, for letting me know there is an untimed mode also, that makes it a BUY for me, so happy the developers added this...THANK YOU .
I also have COP, but haven't been able to complete it, and believe me I've tried, over and over.
This has made my day, so I am going to be glued to my chair, having a blast, and in M3 heaven today .
I am a HUGE M3 fan, love H0G's also, but there is nothing I like to sink my teeth into more, than a great M3, and this is one of them..YAY, YIPEE, AWESOME!!
Wishing EVERYONE a safe and happy, THANKSGIVING, and as always, happy gaming .

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Nov 23, 11 9:25 AM
This Soft Release is much more fun than today's TGT, the much hyped MCF: Escape from Ravenhurst. Easy puzzles, nice cut scenes between M3 boards, bonuses to be earned, and buildings to buy. Going on my To Buy list for when I need to fill a Punch Card. Choice of Relaxed or Timed play. Very entertaining.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Nov 23, 11 10:11 AM
Just noticed this game today. YEAH!!!!! so happy its out.

thank you !!!

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Nov 23, 11 10:48 AM
Enjoyed the demo very much. Some nice new features that aren't in Cradle of Rome (the only cradle game I have).

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Nov 23, 11 11:21 AM
Hi

I do not usually write reviews but always read to say what people think. I did have to put my point of view over on this game however.

I am an avid fan of this game, from awem. I own all Cradle of Persia, Cradle of Rome, Cradle of Rome 2 and now this one. I did purchase it from the developer and I am now playing for the 5th time, trying to get all challenges (timed mode) and better my score.

Personsally I feel this one is the best. Timed or untimed, graphics and mini games are so far more superior than all other 3. If you are not familiar with this game, try untimed first then progress onto timed, as you will find that timed gives you more.

Bonus chapters with the collectors edition include:
Bonus challenges
Developers Diary
Wallpapers
Puzzles
Original Soundtracks
Tips and Tricks

As well as adventure, tourney and blitz.

You do not really miss out on much by purchsasing normal game rather than collectors.

In my opinion if you are not a match 3 fan, please give this game a go, and I think you will all be pleasantly surprised.

Deb

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Nov 23, 11 12:00 PM
Love this game. I didn't buy the previous ones (Cradles) because I don't really like timed games very much. A few exceptions to that. And I do prefer string M3's to just match but this game is great. The graphics are very clear, the tutorial is useful until you learn the ins and outs. I like the mini-games too. I have all the Heroes of Hellas games which are similar but string M3s. I'm adding this one to my collection too. I just like building the cities I guess.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Nov 23, 11 12:09 PM
Good fun game... Everyone should at least try it and you will love it !!

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Nov 23, 11 12:44 PM
I'm glad this game can be played un-timed. Does anyone know how many levels are in this game? Can you switch from timed to relaxed with out starting over?

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 23, 11 1:00 PM
TillyQ wrote:I'm glad this game can be played un-timed. Does anyone know how many levels are in this game? Can you switch from timed to relaxed with out starting over?

When you set your id and enter the game, you select Timed or Relaxed. If you want to "switch" you do have to start over with a new profile.

I was also lucky enough to beta this game. After submitting the survey, the beta portion could be replayed as many times as I wished -- and I did! Many times over these past months. Needless to say, I'm more than ready to play the full game now!

So, with Escape Ravenhearst as the TGT....and COE as a soft release, guess which one I'll be playing over the next few days. Right, Ravenhearst has taken a back seat for now.

Happy Thanksgiving....and great gaming to all!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 23, 11 1:59 PM
Just checked that famous review site and it says 100 levels. Also some puzzles, mini-games (with skips if necessary). Achievements can be earned even in Untimed mode, although appears 1 applies to Timed mode only.

I have only played the first hour and yes, difficulty gradually increases as the boards get larger and more complex. Check out the Help section of the game for more info on different types of tiles, the challenges they represent, and the bonuses you'll have available to help get through the game.

It's just my opinion of course, but no Cradle game has ever been too easy. As with most M-3's, difficulty increases as game progresses. Of course challenge can always be increased by playing in Timed mode too, so COE seems to offer plenty to many different types of M-3 players.

I love the choice of Timed or Untimed, the graphics, the music, acquiring the citizens (and the challenges you have to meet to get each one), and the achievements. It's a beautiful game.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 23, 11 2:37 PM
Save me, save me, this game has got me hooked and it's come to take me away!

Have to go download this now. If it's anything like COR 1 or 2 I really may be gone for a few days. The screenshots and demo video look quite promising and I suspect that this will be an above average challenge to play in timed. Thanks BF!

Go to: