bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 23, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 12:20:14 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 23, 11 12:15 AM
This is the biggest and most intense offering from the Big Fish Games Studios to date. We’re excited to bring this story to life using the latest advances in game design technology. We know there are some questions out there about the kind of system requirements that this game will require. While we do not have all the answers to the questions you may have about your specific machines, we do have some information we wanted to share. Listed below are the minimum specifications required to run Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst effectively.

Operating System: XP/Vista/Win7
CPU: 1.8GHz
RAM: 1GB (1024MB )
Display Memory (graphics device): 128MB
DirectX Version: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 1.75GB of free space

**When installing the game, please make sure to click I Agree in the License Agreement for Microsoft DirectX pop-up Window. This will ensure you meet the minimum DirectX software requirements for the game.

Even if your computer meets these requirements, we would strongly encourage you to download and play the free trial version of this game before purchasing, to ensure that you’ll have an enjoyable gaming experience.

Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst is larger in file size than many games on our site. As such, download times will likely be longer than usual. For more information, please be sure to check out the following help article:

Mystery Case Files: Escape From Ravenhearst System Requirements

bfgRhone

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 12:34:44 AM PST

LeneHansen
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by LeneHansen on Nov 23, 11 12:44 AM
2 installation failed???? Error 766.

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by GamerPop on Nov 23, 11 12:52 AM
LeneHansen wrote:2 installation failed???? Error 766.

Don't know if it will help or if you want to give it a try.

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1491/kw/766

brendavba
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by brendavba on Nov 23, 11 12:54 AM
Gutted....computer meets all the requirements and it just froze up after the intro. Took me ages to log off...Have waited to play this game for ages now. Does this mean that these games are going to be so advanced now that average gamers with average computers aren't going to be able to play them at all in future? So disappointed

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 23, 11 1:06 AM
Gotta agree with you. Game runs slow, can hardly move cursor, at times it won't move and this is just the opening scene. Tried to pick up the locket from the grate and when the ghost appeared auto adjust kicked me outof the game and rebooted my computer. I would have been just as happy to have a normal game without all the hoopla of the fancy graphics that overload too many computers.

Very disappointed with BFG for overloading graphics in this game.

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 1:08:24 AM PST

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Nov 23, 11 1:07 AM
I also had the game freeze when the demo ended and I clicked "Exit" I had to "Ctrl/Alt/Delete" to end the game.

the game itself played fine, just the Exiting

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 23, 11 1:15 AM
Even after I made adjustments--such as choosing hardware cursor--the game still runs slowly and breaks up.

And I have a new gaming computer.

Here's my specs:

Win 7
3.10 GHZ processor
9 GB RAM
64 bit
1.35 TB HD
DirectX 11

Is there a recommended setting for the monitor? I have a new 24 inch Viewsonic, gotten in time for the game, and it is supposed to run at 1920 X 1080. It looks awful if I change it, just in general.

Really, the game is so jerky and the effects just come in jagged little segments.

This is very frustrating--any suggestions?

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 23, 11 1:44 AM
The game does not run seamlessly. Often when switching locations the screen kind of "grays' and the overlay of the prior location is still seen.

Even worse, trying to use inventory items is a hassle. They will freeze and move in small segments. Sometimes the inventory item stops right where an arrow to indicate movement is located and wham! You're somewhere else, with the inventory item floating there.

I'm enjoying the morphing objects and being told how many in a location. However, even the morphing objects are jerky and slow when revealed and clicked on. While trying to fight that problem and the jerky movement of an inventory item, I got a warning that clicking on non-morphing items will cause things to return to the game world. However, I'm just rying to get the danged inventory item to where it's supposed to be.

As I said earlier, I have a new high-powered computer and this game is frustrating me. I'm going to give up for now rather than have a continued bad experience with what is the most anticipated game of the year.

I think the game needs some retooling.

ETA: I just learned that rather than hidden object scenes, teh game is built on morphing objects scenes. I know that I'm not going to enjoy having the majority of the game be spent staring at a screen waiting for something to change. Betcha this will cause a lot of headaches! Some morphing, yes. Total game, no. Especially when it's jerky.

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 2:13:58 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 23, 11 1:48 AM
I have error 766 installation failed. I'm trying to uninstall from GM and it seems to be caught in a loop. When I tryed to install through my pc it doesn't show the game to be on it. Vista 32 bit. I don't ever have a problem...aargh

suus52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by suus52 on Nov 23, 11 2:01 AM
I cannot get a full screen. In options the button for full screen doesn't work. The game is no fun like that

jueh
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jueh on Nov 23, 11 2:07 AM
I'm gutted that this game is so unplayable on my laptop as I would have bought it straight away. The game freezes all the time, the cursor is slow and jerky and it wouldn't let me exit, also takes ages to go from area to area.

I have dozens of BF games and this is the first one that is unplayable for me.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 23, 11 2:14 AM
shagwendy wrote:I have error 766 installation failed. I'm trying to uninstall from GM and it seems to be caught in a loop. When I tryed to install through my pc it doesn't show the game to be on it. Vista 32 bit. I don't ever have a problem...aargh
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tried restarting pc, Now I get...Game Manager application has stopped working...WT? I'm uninstalling GM and will try again.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThat didn't work...Intel pentium dual core e5200 processor each core operates at 2.50 GHz...2Mb l2 cache and 800MHz fsb ... 4 gb ddr2 memory

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 2:42:42 AM PST

[Post New]by cpatrun on Nov 23, 11 2:37 AM
Greets folks!

I was able to play the demo clear through with the only problem being that the inventory would flicker sometimes. So's I bought it.

When I downloaded the rest of the game, I couldn't start it either through the icon on the my desktop page or the game manager.

I've checked drivers and I'm up to date, have 2G ram and 250G left on my hard drive on a Vista 32bit machinge.

I'm getting and "Error: Violation @ 0x0050889A (Tried to read from 0x0000007C) program terminated."

(This was after I closed all tabs and rebooted. Now I'll try again after completely shutting down and starting again. Just thought I'd let ya know what I'm doing as I'm doing it so you can let me know if I'm doing something wrong.)

Thanks for a great game... hope I can can get it running before Thursday. :o)

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Nov 23, 11 2:38 AM
On my widescreen, the game screen is all the way to the left leaving about a 3" black strip on the right side of the screen. I wouldn't mind if the strip was on both sides but just on one side?

beeboppa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by beeboppa on Nov 23, 11 2:45 AM
After downloading I get the message 'error downloading'...It says it's an 'error code 3' when I go to the help page there is no Error Code 3 ??? anyone else getting this error code ??

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 23, 11 2:46 AM
Hi fishies,

Just popping in with some recommendations.

-For those of you experiencing a 766 error, be sure to check out the help page article below for troubleshooting steps:

Error 766

-For more information about the access violation error, you can check out the help page article below:

Access Violation

You may also need to contact customer support so they can walk you through deleting your saved profile in case this one was corrupted.

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

They can help investigate this mystery and get you back on the case!

Hope this helps,

bfgImbrium

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Nov 23, 11 2:46 AM
The demo played fine, the only problem I had was the inventory area it flickered really really bad and super hard on the eyes.

I had a black margin all around the screen is this the format or is it suppose to be a full screen without any black margins at all???

Thanks for any help.

beeboppa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by beeboppa on Nov 23, 11 2:47 AM
After downloading I get the message 'error downloading'...It says it's an 'error code 3' when I go to the help page there is no Error Code 3 ??? anyone else getting this error code ??

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Nov 23, 11 2:58 AM
AeronAoife wrote:On my widescreen, the game screen is all the way to the left leaving about a 3" black strip on the right side of the screen. I wouldn't mind if the strip was on both sides but just on one side?

I have the same problem. In addition, the game goes below the bottom of my screen, so I can't see the inventory. Any advice? I can't play the game as it is.

Go to: