textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Mystery Case Files: Escape From Ravenhearst CE

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 23, 11 12:13 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Comments for Mystery Case Files: Escape From Ravenhearst CE

[Post New]by govols2 on Nov 23, 11 12:31 AM
Have only played a few minutes as it is 2:30 in the morning. Too tired to really look for "objects". Not sure how I feel about the way that is done.

Had to laugh though.. I don't usually have a problem with the game filling my screen but I know lots do. The image covered my screen so well on this game that I had to guess where the SG was. Took forever clicking around the book. apparently kept hitting menu. Finally got it though.

Love the graphics. Very crisp and clear on my screen.

Did buy it though.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 23, 11 12:32 AM
I have a 3 yr old laptop - top of the line with windows 7. I am away above the min requirements.
And the curser is moving not smoothly. Hard to get it to go where I want.

There is an option to not make it as high a definition but that didn't help. I could get the ghost talking mostly and kept up with her, some lags though.

But what I can't get over is so far (and I haven't gotten far as my curser is annoying me) is there is no option for hardness. Surely they did that for 13 ghosts? So does that mean sparkles for me? But maybe that option will come later.

It very much has the feel of the other older games (in a good way). Graphics of course are amazing, maybe too amazing for my computer.

If somehow by tweaking I can get my curser to work it looks great. I starved myself of HOPAs for a month as I was getting sick of them and it worked.

edit- The game didn't save itself but maybe that was good as I got the curser to work. It's the first game I have played that lags a bit,(but it wasn't a lot. ) The graphics was so wonderful I just didn't want hiccups - like the lighthouse light starting and stopping. I love all the morphs so far and the penaltly for clicking (your morph apparently disappears) I didn't see any sparkles (in my super short time) so those that like a lot of hand holding may be disappointed? I hate them so it's good news for me.

I bought it and am going to bed saving this for the next couple of days. going to savour it and not rush through it.

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 12:56:47 AM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 23, 11 12:39 AM
My game froze in the opening car sceen and the cursor wouldn't move. Might be too much game for my computer - not sure. I could do with less dramatic graphics to have a game that would run like it should. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by heatherington on Nov 23, 11 12:44 AM
We've been to the original Ravenhearst where we met Emma when she was a young girl just come over from America, then in Madam Fate Charles came out seeking revenge on our person. So we had to Return to Ravenhearst to kick some serious booty and Victor warned us that it was not over yet. Now, finally, the long awaited day has arrived. We are back there once again with our new MCF. The series that started it all for Big Fish. Well my little fishes the time is at hand. Enjoy and I hope your computers can stand the strain!

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Nov 23, 11 12:45 AM
I hate to say it, but I'm not sure that I care for this format of gameplay. I've played for 30 minutes and haven't played any mini-games, just looked for morphing objects. Some are pretty easy to spot, when I get down to the last couple in a scene, all I can do is just sit and stare from area to area to wait to see if something morphs. I'm already tired of it. Maybe I'm just in an impatient mood right now, so I'll come back to the demo later. Curious to see what others think of it.

Update: Went back to the game, and only got about 5 more minutes of gameplay before the demo was over. If they hadn't changed the style of the game, I'd have purchased it already. The graphics are beautiful as always, and the voiceovers so far are great, but I just don't like the morphing object H0 scenes, and so far those are the only things I was able to play in the demo. I will probably purchase the SE, but definitely not the CE.

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 1:32:58 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 23, 11 12:52 AM
... Downloaded it
... Tested it ... made Madame Fate dance on the dashboard
... Bought it

... Can't play it now because I have to clean for the cleaners.
why oh why didn't I cancel them for today .

How stupid is that ... you wait a whole year for a game to appear and housework intervenes, it just isn't right .

I hope the rest of you have a great time playing ... well perhaps that scene with the pregnant women that is shown in the screenshot might be a bit difficult to get through but I am sure you seasoned Detectives will get past it and 'bring Charles down' once and for all.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 23, 11 12:54 AM
Morphing objects, so it was true

Brehc, hope Purplerabbit doesn't try it....could be bad for her (being pregnant I mean).

How on earth can you make a review with only 25 minutes of play ?

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 12:57:07 AM PST

chTex
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by chTex on Nov 23, 11 12:57 AM
The morphing objects are no fun to find - it just means staring at the screen, hoping to see something blink. 'Fraid this style of play is not for me and I really wanted to play this game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 23, 11 1:00 AM
My question is: Do you have to find all the morphing objects? Are they essential to the outcome of the game, or are they just an extra?

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Nov 23, 11 1:03 AM
I've downloaded the demo .. (very fast and smooth by the way) .. and the game is sitting there, like a great big unopened Christmas present .. tantalising me, tempting me .. calling me.

Do I have the strength .. the moral fibre .. the will-power .. to resist until after I've washed the dishes and done me ironing??

Get real Jo!

Victor awaits my presence. And what Victor wants Victor shall have!
Jo

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Nov 23, 11 1:06 AM
The first h o scene has one spotting morphing objects...very different and fun! Working very well...no tech problems on my little Toshiba lab top...

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 23, 11 1:07 AM
cherbtoo wrote: ... Downloaded it
... Tested it ... made Madame Fate dance on the dashboard
... Bought it

... Can't play it now because I have to clean for the cleaners.
why oh why didn't I cancel them for today .

How stupid is that ... you wait a whole year for a game to appear and housework intervenes, it just isn't right .

I hope the rest of you have a great time playing ... well perhaps that scene with the pregnant women that is shown in the screenshot might be a bit difficult to get through but I am sure you seasoned Detectives will get past it and 'bring Charles down' once and for all.

Love it cherbs!! ETA I clean for my cleaner too!

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 1:09:05 AM PST

blue1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by blue1955 on Nov 23, 11 1:08 AM
Mystery Case Files is what got me hooked on these games. I decided awhile ago I would wait for the SE, but I will make a exception for this. Played the demo. I think this game will be fun.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Nov 23, 11 1:09 AM
Back to Ravenheart for the holidays...... Home Sweet Home!!?? ~~ lol!

Sooooo SOLD!!!

*Quick download, GORGEOUS GRAPHICS, great sound , creative use of item recall from previous games, too fun..... 4 AM here.... gotta get some sleep tho, soooo, good night all.... enjoy...

YAY!!!! I am SO psycho (I mean psyched) to play this tomorrow)!!!!

EDIT PS: I TAKE ALL THE ABOVE INITIAL EXCITEMENT BACK, AFTER THE INITIAL DEMO SECTION, THIS GAME BECAME graphically vile, repulsive and distasteful... NOT PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER... it contained graphic violence to human beings both living and dead with the "excuse" that they were "dummies".. well the only dummy was me to buy it. This game could have been good if the devs had used their creative abilities toward a good (albeit scary) plot, the devs did not and none of it was GAME MATERIAL IMO! Yep, I must have been "psycho" to buy this horrid game!

Edited on 11/28/2011 at 5:52:59 PM PST

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Nov 23, 11 1:10 AM
Valdy wrote:My question is: Do you have to find all the morphing objects? Are they essential to the outcome of the game, or are they just an extra?

I believe they are Valdy (essential, that is) because to get the inventory item you need, you have to find them all. At least that is what I have encountered so far. I think they take the place of HOG s with lists - not so sure I like that part, but the adventure part of the game and the graphics are amazing.

[Post New]by Karinipeking on Nov 23, 11 1:16 AM
Valdy wrote:My question is: Do you have to find all the morphing objects? Are they essential to the outcome of the game, or are they just an extra?

Yes. When you have find the last one you got an item you will need to go further in the game. The hint charges quickly if you dont just want to sit and look at the monitor and wait for an item to morph, nor so fun

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 23, 11 1:16 AM
I agree about the morphing objects...seems like we have to find them rather than h0s. And the first several are easy to find as they morph obviously. Then you look and wait, and look and wait some more to find the last ones that slowly morph. I try not to get all hyped up about games like this, as I have learned my lesson there. So just hoped for a good game. Morphing objects are fun to find in some games...but I am wondering if they have taken the place of the hidden object scenes in this game. It is a let down to have to simply stare at the screen in order to catch the morph so you can move on. I played until I opened the gate, and quit to buy, so will play some more and see what happens

Download of full game took 6 minutes.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 23, 11 1:21 AM
Hmmm... that sounds... interesting. Thanks for answering my question, TigerJo, Karinipeking and WR.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 23, 11 1:22 AM
I have to say I like finding morphing objects better than hidden objects. There aren't as many to find and it doesn't take me as long. I get what I need in half the time and I'm out of there. I think it's a great spin on HOS. Some of those objects are pretty tricky...and I guess you could think of it as all the objects being interactive.

I purchased the game outright. The download and installation only took 4 minutes. Everything is playing smooth and the graphics are great. I love how they have a High Definition setting.

Edited on 11/23/2011 at 1:25:05 AM PST

Go to: