Solice
Clownfish
Clownfish
676 Posts

Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst Collector’s Edition Exclusive Content

[Post New]by Solice on Nov 23, 11 12:08 PM
Hello all!

I wanted to take a moment to help clear up some confusion regarding the bonus content available in the Collector’s Edition of “Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst”. Listed below are the features you receive in the Collector’s Edition that will not be available in the standard edition.

1. The Integrated Strategy Guide.
2. The "collect and match" puzzle pieces required to open the main hub doors underground are exclusive to the CE version. The standard version will not have this game mechanic.
3. More CE exclusive content can be found in case book. Pay close attention and see if you can discover the secrets hidden within. (Spoiler Alert! For more information, highlight below.)

There are CE exclusive tabs in the case book, each tab has 2 sets of numbers on them. There are morphing objects on the pages of the case book to be discovered. The number on each of those tabs change with every morphing object you find. When you find all the morphing objects (per tab) you will unlock a bonus hidden object scene.

I hope this helps clear things up! Happy Gaming!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst Collector’s Edition Exclusive Content

[Post New]by Seester2 on Nov 23, 11 1:35 PM
Thank you, it is a little confusing but it does help make the decision on whether to spend the extra on the CE.
Appreciate all y'all do!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,192 Posts

Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst Collector’s Edition Exclusive Content

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 23, 11 2:41 PM
Solice wrote:Hello all!

I wanted to take a moment to help clear up some confusion regarding the bonus content available in the Collector’s Edition of “Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst”. Listed below are the features you receive in the Collector’s Edition that will not be available in the standard edition.

2. The "collect and match" puzzle pieces required to open the main hub doors underground are exclusive to the CE version. The standard version will not have this game mechanic.

Are you telling me I wouldn't have to go through all that hard work of finding the images to match if I would have waited for the SE instead of buying the CE?
Are you saying that I would have just had to use the keys, opened the doors, and be done with? LOL

I would like to get one thing straight though: I have a feeling we are not getting a bonus game with this game, but are getting extra gameplay throughout the game - wherever the crystal can be found in the pages of the SG. Is that correct?

Solice
Clownfish
Clownfish
676 Posts

[Post New]by Solice on Nov 23, 11 3:00 PM
Valdy wrote:
I would like to get one thing straight though: I have a feeling we are not getting a bonus game with this game, but are getting extra gameplay throughout the game - wherever the crystal can be found in the pages of the SG. Is that correct?

That is correct. Instead of a bonus game play area, you get bonus games through out the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,192 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 23, 11 3:16 PM
Solice wrote:
Valdy wrote:

That is correct. Instead of a bonus game play area, you get bonus games through out the game.

Thank you, Solice. I like this idea. It keeps me (and others, I presume) from moaning that the bonus game may be too short. Also, this way the extras run nice and smoothly right inside the main game.

I think developers might want to consider doing their bonus gameplay this way, at least in some of their CEs.

Re:Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst Collector’s Edition Exclusive Content

[Post New]by scottie21 on Nov 23, 11 3:29 PM
cant get passed the morpthing thry going to fast help

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,890 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 23, 11 7:05 PM
Thanks for this info, Solice. I was wondering what made this game a CE rather than an SE, other than the inclusion of the strategy guide.

[Post New]by TealadysCat on Nov 23, 11 8:17 PM
I would like to have known this before I bought it..I have finished the game and was looking forward to "one last chapter" so the end of playing does not feel so abrupt that's what makes it a collectors game, as strategy guide is merely quicker than a walk through or forums and I didn't think finding the door hub extras that fun overall i enjoyed the game but would have waited for SE rather than pay for CE as I was left disappointed at the end

claykitty
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by claykitty on Nov 23, 11 9:31 PM
I was expecting a bonus game at the end, but then discovered that I had not found all the special items in the Case File book. One more piece and I will be ready to enter Secret 1 and Secret 2. To me, this *is* a bonus game in itself. I found this game very enjoyable. I am satisfied with the amount of game play and looking forward to completing the CE feature in the Case Files book.

[Post New]by Coolchik14 on Nov 23, 11 10:46 PM
Hello,I'm really having trouble in the game where I'm in the hospital and Charle's manican that is having "Baby Charles" After you cut the 3 wires on the imbilical cord,I looked at the stratagy guide and I can't figure out where Baby Charles' picture is so I can put the stork key there,Please help! Thanks!

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Nov 24, 11 8:38 AM
Can I be the only one who has completed the game and not found even one of the CE special morphing thingys or even any of the bonus mini games?

Can anyone give me a clue pretty please?

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Nov 24, 11 8:58 AM
seaseaone wrote:Can I be the only one who has completed the game and not found even one of the CE special morphing thingys or even any of the bonus mini games?

Can anyone give me a clue pretty please?

check your journal.. I am missing some.. will go back in the am to look again

[Post New]by vinegaria on Nov 24, 11 10:58 AM
I finished the game already, including the case book "bonus". I have to say I'm pretty disappointed the only additional gameplay was just some backtracking to spot some places in already discovered locations (a general description, don't want to spoil anything). And 2 extras in the case book that don't take more than 10min. to complete. Nothing more.

I'd like to know why there's no concept art, wallpapers, achievements and soundtrack there. Why the case book or SG doesn't note down those randomized puzzles (it'd be worth to have it, especially since there are places in game that input data, like the player's name).

I don't mind that the additional gameplay is in-game (even if I'd prefer to have an extra chapter), but this one is honestly short and frustrating. The other MCF games added some easter eggs or storyline into the CE - this one adds just some additional objects spotting.

Also, finishing this one took me less than 4 hours, the "bonus" gameplay is not long, except for tedious backtracking, while Dire Grove and 13th Skull took more than 5 hours even without the additional gameplay, which (in the latter) was really long and fun and added a lot to the storyline.

Honestly, I love MCF series, but the previous CE editions set some standards of what to expect. I'd just like to know why we're not getting even half of what we got the last two times in those series, and it's still a CE?

Edited on 11/24/2011 at 10:59:36 AM PST

juleslorraine
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by juleslorraine on Nov 24, 11 11:20 AM
Wow, no bonus game play? That is the ONLY reason I buy CE's. Otherwise I'd stick to the SE. So being that I feel deceived, (this information should have been made available up front), it's the last time I buy any MCF game. Sooo disappointed BF, this is not the way to treat your members. And here I thought it was bad enough that I was getting access errors and having to ctrl-alt-del to start the game again. Just unbelievable.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,686 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 24, 11 1:24 PM
I almost never buy CEs but I was all set to buy this one straight away but my pc wouldn't install it until I got some tech help today (turned out I was basically an idiot!). I really liked the demo, but the bonus just doesn't sound like much. I'm already a little tired of looking for morphs in the demo (Oh, geez, another 11 MO's ) and I don't want to pay another $7 just to find 31 more morphing objects. I also find that if I have a strategy guide right there I'm too tempted to 'cheat'. Guess I'll wait for the SE and be glad I had trouble with the DL unless somebody wants to try to convince me the CE is worth it.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,154 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 24, 11 8:01 PM

3. More CE exclusive content can be found in case book. Pay close attention and see if you can discover the secrets hidden within. (Spoiler Alert! For more information, highlight below.)

There are CE exclusive tabs in the case book, each tab has 2 sets of numbers on them. There are morphing objects on the pages of the case book to be discovered. The number on each of those tabs change with every morphing object you find. When you find all the morphing objects (per tab) you will unlock a bonus hidden object scene.

OMG Solice are you KIDDING ME?!?!?! You mean you are PUNISHING those of us who bought the CE edition?? Those collect and match things are a NIGHTMARE. You have to click on the exact right pixel to get them to work and they are such a pain. I was expecting something extra like in Dire Grove where we had the hidden room with the extra "secret" info... now that was worth the extra CE price. DARN. What a slap in the face.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,154 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 24, 11 8:05 PM
shagwendy wrote: Guess I'll wait for the SE and be glad I had trouble with the DL unless somebody wants to try to convince me the CE is worth it.

*snort* *cough* *gag* You're gonna be waiting a looooonnnnggggg time Wendy! Personally the only thing making it worth it is if you buy it quick enough and get the little badge to put on the shelf with your stuffed felix. But no... otherwise this CE is NOT worth it. The so called "extra" game play is annoying instead of fun. And the SG is called the UG... aka: USELESS guide. They cheaped out and just stuck a bunch of screenshots in there instead of actually offering help. So lame.

jadeedrie
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by jadeedrie on Nov 24, 11 8:53 PM

I hope this helps clear thing up! Happy Gaming!

What you mean there's more?

I just finished the game and didn't even know there was another set of tab until now. Now I need to go back and either play the game all over; which would fun or just check my casebook to see what I'm missing.

Boy are you guys sneaky.

watanuki
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by watanuki on Nov 24, 11 9:14 PM
Thank you.I want to know this.But I prefer bonus gameplay instead of matching game.

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 25, 11 12:31 AM
Thanks for the clarifications. I do think that the two tabs should have been clickable, and when clicked upon, told the player what they needed to do to complete each tab.

It took me 12 hours to play the game the first time, and then I thought, where is the bonus play? I don't see how anyone could possibly complete this game in 4 hours!
Well I have no idea how many additional hours I spent trying to find those hidden items in the case book. (But I would say more than 2 hours for sure!) But I like this kind of extra game play, integrated into the game. I get aggravated when the extra game play is short and tacked on -- or when devs shorten the SE version of the game and put content in a CE that should have been in the SE. Having extra tasks to do at each level is a great way to incorporate extra game play.

I do wish though that you had included some of the other extras that we have come to expect in CE's such as wallpaper, concept art and so on. This game was so good I would happily install the wallpaper and look over every tidbit you could offer about the creation of the game. I've played the game twice and I want MORE !! The game IS that great !!!

~~~MO~~~

ETA -- Next year -- how about adding a video showing the devs at work developing the game. I would LOVE to see something like that!!

Edited on 11/25/2011 at 12:33:40 AM PST

Go to: