Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Is it April 1st ???

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Nov 24, 11 12:55 AM
Is this a joke??? LOFLOL At least it's not a CE

Re:Is it April 1st ???

[Post New]by chris122049 on Nov 24, 11 12:59 AM
I had to laugh at the idea of it being a CE? Maybe it's a game for the kids?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 24, 11 1:07 AM
LOL I am speechless. "Cradle of Egypt", a game a lot of peeps have been waiting for, was a soft sale, and really... this game should have been. *sigh*

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 24, 11 1:10 AM
Or....maybe it's a game for the expert adventurer like Tiny Bang?

Would somebody please demo and come back? I'm so bummed about MCF8 I'm into the soft release Cradle of Egypt, timer option made me hit Buy, relaxing beautiful M3 swap to destress from my MCF trial fiasco.

(but I doubt this game is a IHOG either)

Happy Thanksgiving however you play it.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 24, 11 1:20 AM
puzzledone wrote:Or....maybe it's a game for the expert adventurer like Tiny Bang?

Would somebody please demo and come back? I'm so bummed about MCF8 I'm into the soft release Cradle of Egypt, timer option made me hit Buy, relaxing beautiful M3 swap to destress from my MCF trial fiasco.

Happy Thanksgiving however you play it.

TIny Bang! That's the name I was thinking of... I was wondering the same thing... if it got harder as it progressed. It is no way the quality of Tiny Bang though (and I didn't even like that game). This is SO not an ihog LOL. It's also not an adventure game... it's basically Drawn for kids with totally linear movement. I couldn't make myself play past 8 minutes it was so repetitive. But I did post a review such as it is after only 8 minutes of play.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 24, 11 1:20 AM
puzzledone wrote:Or....maybe it's a game for the expert adventurer like Tiny Bang?

That's why I bought this game, because it has a relaxed mode.

This is an arcade game.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 24, 11 1:23 AM
Valdy wrote:

That's why I bought this game, because it has a relaxed mode.

This is an arcade game.

No, not really. Only in the sense that your avatar moves linearly across the screen. You move things around but don't collect inventory but I don't see any arcade action to it at all. They have it listed under adventure games but it's not really that either. I'm curious to see if it gets harder as you progress through the levels just not curious to waste the time myself checking it out. The first level was so repetitive I gave up. Even my 11 year old daughter thought it was awful. Technically what she said was "this game sucks mom" or something like that. LOL.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 24, 11 1:25 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:
Valdy wrote:This is an arcade game.

No, not really. Only in the sense that your avatar moves linearly across the screen. You move things around but don't collect inventory but I don't see any arcade action to it at all. They have it listed under adventure games but it's not really that either. I'm curious to see if it gets harder as you progress through the levels just not curious to waste the time myself checking it out. The first level was so repetitive I gave up. Even my 11 year old daughter thought it was awful. Technically what she said was "this game sucks mom" or something like that. LOL.

Well, it does say "Arcade game" on the main game page. So I assumed that is what it is.

Anway, isn't today supposed to be CE day for TGT? And weren't we supposed to get Shattered Minds: Masquerade CE as the TGT today?

Edited on 11/24/2011 at 1:36:05 AM PST

[Post New]by chris122049 on Nov 24, 11 1:31 AM
Checked this game out on other sites and it got a rating of 3 1/2 stars as an adventure game. According to the review, it does get more complicated and there are 15 levels. Hope that helps.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 24, 11 1:53 AM
Valdy wrote:
gamergirl675 wrote:
Valdy wrote:This is an arcade game.

Well, it does say "Arcade game" on the main game page. So I assumed that is what it is.

Anway, isn't today supposed to be CE day for TGT? And weren't we supposed to get Shattered Minds: Masquerade CE as the TGT today?

Yes I know... sorry I should have said that I noticed that too. It's listed under the adventure category but they call it an arcade game. Weird.

ETA: Do you think they decided not to do the regular CE Thursday because of releasing MCF yesterday? Maybe they didn't want to risk the wrath of the "too many CE's!!!" crowd.

Edited on 11/24/2011 at 1:56:33 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 24, 11 1:59 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:ETA: Do you think they decided not to do the regular CE Thursday because of releasing MCF yesterday? Maybe they didn't want to risk the wrath of the "too many CE's!!!" crowd.

That's what I was thinking too. As long they bring it out the day after then. LOL

Also, there is another SE that is supposed to come out this week: Resurrection: New Mexico. I have been waiting for that one, and I had thought it would have been out by now. Oh well... One has to wait and see. LOL

Askey
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Askey on Nov 24, 11 2:44 AM
I have had this game on my iphone for several months - surprised to see it on this platform!

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 24, 11 2:54 AM
Askey wrote:I have had this game on my iphone for several months - surprised to see it on this platform!
Tell us about it Askey, is it any good? does it get better? Quit holding out on us

Askey
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Askey on Nov 24, 11 3:01 AM
shagwendy wrote:
Askey wrote:I have had this game on my iphone for several months - surprised to see it on this platform!
Tell us about it Askey, is it any good? does it get better? Quit holding out on us

It was fun for a little while when sitting on the train, a cute concept, but dragging items around the small iphone screen got a bit tedious, so I gave up after a short while.

Have a go at the trial and see what you think

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Nov 24, 11 5:51 AM
I'm stunned they released this game as a serious game. I looked at the images and then I watched the video. Why would I download this? It's kid's cutouts. I'm to spoiled by cgi and other animation.
Maybe they'll come out with a claymation game tomorrow...

SoManyCrimes
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by SoManyCrimes on Nov 24, 11 5:59 AM
But then surely Drawn is also "Kids' cutouts?" in lots of places. Plenty of adults seem to like that. I'm pretty sure I've seen the "picturebook" style in a few other games.

And a claymation game would be awesome. I don't think there's been one of those since "Neverhood".

I think this is trying to be somewhere between "Drawn" and the "Grow" flash games, where you're presented with your options at the beginning and then have to work out the right order to do things in. It's a puzzle type I like if it's a challenge, but (like others here, it seems) I'm not too interested in slogging through simple iterations just to prove that I get the concept.

I had too much difficulty getting the sun/moon changeover to work, so unfortunately I gave up in frustration.

But I'm glad of the variety. The H0 games on here are running a serious risk of converging into an indistinguishable lump.

Edited on 11/24/2011 at 6:02:11 AM PST

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Nov 24, 11 6:14 AM
Liz_Lemon wrote:I'm stunned they released this game as a serious game. I looked at the images and then I watched the video. Why would I download this? It's kid's cutouts. I'm to spoiled by cgi and other animation.
Maybe they'll come out with a claymation game tomorrow...

it was 2008 - a game called Nux,

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on Nov 24, 11 9:54 AM
"Maybe they didn't want to risk the wrath of the "too many CE's!!!" crowd. "

Can't imagine why anyone would want to have a difference of opinion on the CE's. I thought everyone on the planet was in agreement that they're the best thing EVAR.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 24, 11 12:12 PM
Valdy wrote:
gamergirl675 wrote:ETA: Do you think they decided not to do the regular CE Thursday because of releasing MCF yesterday? Maybe they didn't want to risk the wrath of the "too many CE's!!!" crowd.

That's what I was thinking too. As long they bring it out the day after then. LOL

Also, there is another SE that is supposed to come out this week: Resurrection: New Mexico. I have been waiting for that one, and I had thought it would have been out by now. Oh well... One has to wait and see. LOL

Ohhh I've been waiting for that one too!!! Since I went back to school I have to watch my money even more carefully so giving up (most) of my CE buys are one way... unless it's super special I wait for the SE.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Nov 24, 11 2:16 PM
Here is what Mudrock wrote on Monday about the games people are looking for.

"Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition is a fantastic game that will be coming out this weekend. Amazing gameplay and some incredible graphics. Download this one right away! u]Shattered

The standard version of Strange Cases: The Secrets of Grey Mist Lakewill be out this week. Definitely worth a download if you've been holding off.

Speaking of, the standard version of Resurrection: New Mexico will also be released and is absolutely dynamite. "

As for Cardboard Castle, did anyone like this game? I haven't downloaded it yet but I'll try it. I like Arcade games as well as most other types of games so what the heck.

Go to: