bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Cradle of Egypt technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 24, 11 1:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:Post any Cradle of Egypt technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Nov 24, 11 2:37 AM
Can't access the game. I got the message "Failed to create D3D device." I believe the error was 8676076A.

cjdj99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cjdj99 on Nov 25, 11 11:50 AM
JIXIO Wrote: I'm having the same problem. The game boards are so bright that you can't see anything. Everything else is as normal but when the match 3 boards unroll the brightness intensifies and they are impossible to see while all around them the scene is normal. Very odd. I hope they can do a fix on this, I really enjoy these "Cradle of" games.

I am having the same problem. Backgrounds are fine but when the boards come up the are so white and bright that you can't see anything. When I brought up the menu to quit it also was so bright that you couldn't even read what was written in the buttons. I had to keep bringing up the menu tab and just hit a button until I found the one to quit. I beta tested this game and had no problems with it. I have waited for this game and would love to own it but cannot purchase due to the board issues.

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on Nov 26, 11 9:43 AM
cjdj99 here's another twist - I went to the developer's web site and trialed the game and it worked fine so it's BFG that has the problem.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 26, 11 11:42 AM
Hello folks,

If you haven't already, please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that our reps can work with you individually to resolve any display issues you're having with the game.

Rhysdux, you may want to see if going through the troubleshooting steps in the following help article might be useful:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Please get in touch with

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Nov 28, 11 8:33 AM
I am having the same problem--even adjusting my computer brightness did nothing to help fix this. The game is ok to read on every page except after u click play.

cjdj99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cjdj99 on Nov 30, 11 4:19 PM
Last Saturday, I sent in a Dr. Felix report and two screen shots showing how bright the boards are but I haven't gotten a response yet.

cjdj99
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cjdj99 on Dec 3, 11 6:42 AM
Well, I spent the past few days working with BF tech support (very supportive and friendly) to fix my bright board issue. They reviewed by Dr. Felix report and provided guidance/directions on what to do. I did everything they told me but unfortunately it didn't work for me. Guess I will have to pass on this game.

Like JIXIO, I went to the developer's web site and trialed the game and it worked fine for me, too.

[Post New]by LesleyT4 on Jun 8, 12 10:38 PM
I am so frustrated, I am getting up to level 49 on the "hard" blitz. Even though I have plenty of life when I start the level, when I am losing time the "last chance" doesn't kick in. What is wrong, is this an issue with the game itself, if so, I am not recommending it.

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Jul 10, 12 10:33 AM
Well I downloaded this game again and it was working fine so I purchased it. Got to the level that said Empire of the Sun and the game screen went to the earlier way it was when I first tried it. Game screen is so bright you can't see any of the game tiles. Is there a fix for this?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 10, 12 10:53 AM
Hi 4194dave,

From what you described, I think it's best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support team directly. They can take a look at how the game is running on your particular system and why the issue with the screen is coming up.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

cudcat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by cudcat on Mar 7, 13 11:03 AM
I bought the game & tried to download it... It tried to open in " Print & Share." Obviously it didn't work. I have a MAC & bought the MAC version.

Stina_E
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Stina_E on Aug 13, 14 11:43 AM
I'm playing the iPad version. To get my final citizen by earning 9000 gold in one round after building the Temple of Hatshepsut, I earned considerably more than that. But no award was given. Disappointing.

[Post New]by pfargo on Nov 20, 14 5:05 AM
I am new at the forum, so please excuse me if this is a non technical question. I am untimed and stuck on level 77. The left side has no moves left, and I only have **** magic. I can enter moves over and over but will never be able to finish this puzzle. Any ideas or backdoors to get it over?

Edited on 11/20/2014 at 8:48:51 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 20, 14 6:38 PM
Welcome to the pond, pfargo

I'm not sure which powerup that is you're referring to, but someone posted elsewhere that they were able to restart the board by clicking on the menu button if they were playing in untimed mode. I can't verify this since I always play timed and I don't get that option in my game version, at least. If the left side of the board is completely unmovable and there is no way to work any setups into place by shuffling pieces around at the center over towards the left, the only other thing I can suggest is to delete your current game and start over under a new player profile.

Go to: