bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Cradle of Egypt

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Nov 24, 11 1:25 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Cradle of Egypt? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Cradle of Egypt page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

Re:Reviews for Cradle of Egypt

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 24, 11 9:30 AM
Gee, this review thread got set up 1 day after we all posted our reviews in a generic thread (25 responses there for this 11/23/2011 soft release). Decided to put my 'review' over here too since an empty thread looked... well, so empty!

Just checked that famous review site and it says 100 levels. Also some puzzles, mini-games (with skips if necessary). Achievements can be earned even in Untimed mode, although appears 1 applies to Timed mode only.

I have only played the first hour and yes, difficulty gradually increases as the boards get larger and more complex. Check out the Help section of the game for more info on different types of tiles, the challenges they represent, and the bonuses you'll have available to help get through the game.

It's just my opinion of course, but no Cradle game has ever been too easy. As with most M-3's, difficulty increases as game progresses. Of course challenge can always be increased by playing in Timed mode too, so COE seems to offer plenty to many different types of M-3 players.

I love the choice of Timed or Untimed, the graphics, the music, acquiring the citizens (and the challenges you have to meet to get each one), and the achievements. It's a beautiful game.

karica
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by karica on Nov 25, 11 12:52 PM
It`s OK but I`m not crazy about games where one should think too much. I like its prize, maybe I`ll buy it just to train my brains

ctitus
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by ctitus on Nov 27, 11 4:13 PM
I beta tested this game awhile ago and completely enjoyed it, and I am not a match 3 lover. The graphics are really lovely and I liked the different modes of play, time and untimed. There was also a custom cursor option and windowed mode.
It is typical match 3 play, however you earn coins to purchase bldgs. Before you can get a bldg. you must obtain the blueprint and this can be done after playing a mini game. You must collect gold, supplies ( papyrus, bricks, etc.) and food to progress. Trophies are also awarded.
There were also very interesting details give re: Egypt, throughout the game.
As I said I am not a fan of this genre, but may purchse using one of my punch card credits.
Enjoy everyone.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Nov 28, 11 10:25 AM
OMGosh!...i am slightly becoming a fan of M3 games especially when i need a moment of time to enjoy not the thinking of adventure or H0Gs...which is a major part of purchase history....BUT...the matching works fine...its the BLUEPRINT that is in SLOW MODE on my new puter...whenever it comes to BUY a new building it is like having a 'slide show u wished would stop!' and get over it....NOT HAPPY!...i am now on chapter three and its been days since purchase....i have only played in between my college finals projects and it was for a little 'relaxation'...well NOT!...i may or may not reinstall since i deleted it back to 'purchase history'?...no problems with original demo, no problem with actual d/l after purchase, graphics are way way awesome, music is soothing...i did read the reviews first but no one seems to be having same problem OR they want to play in 'slow mode'....and...i play in 'relaxed mode'...hate to be a 'timed junky' b/c i would have to be 'committed' at this point...it is a game....glad i only paid $2.99...the dev's must have been on an all nighter party or very very not to notice this little 'quirk' IMO...i have cradle of rome, tried the demo of persia (would not play in match screen?.., d/l fine, yes... but after several tries i got out..no play..no buy!), and demo'ed the cradle of rome2...but did not what a repeat of a game....so nuff said!...am very very unhappy with how it plays!...thats all i gotta say about that
P.S.sorry to vent but just had to do!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Nov 28, 11 3:16 PM
Little by little, I am warming up to some match 3 games. I like anything with Egyptian graphics in it, and this game has beautiful ones. I played the demo, and hoping the levels get more challenging, but even if they don't, not a bad match 3 game at all. Nice and relaxing.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 28, 11 4:57 PM
posted in Cradle of Egypt on Nov 23, 11 2:07 AM
I am really glad I remembered to check for a soft release today ! This is a fun IMHO M3 game. I have played for 50 minutes and just stopped to purchase. The graphics are clear,crisp, and colorful, the backgrounds are interesting and detailed, there are powerups to be atttained as well as trophies, you can make matches while other tiles are falling and VERY BEST OF ALL there are TWO modes of play. Timed AND untimed! Yea!! Thanks especially Devs for giving us this choice. There are sliders for sfx and music volume. Choice of custom or system cursor and a button for windowed mode. I had no tech problems with either the d/l or with the gameplay. I played with the custom cursor and it behaved beautifully. Upon re-entering the game it had done as promised and saved my progress. As I stated, it is a buy for me and I heartily recommend giving this one a trial run! Thanks and Devs for a great game.
Happy Gaming All
BK

Well, I don't know why there are two review threads for this game, but, having already posted in the previous thread, I have just cut and pasted that review here. Will only add that I am still enjoying this game greatly and have not developed any tech problems!
More Happy gaming All
BK

[Post New]by Dancing_Angel on Nov 30, 11 12:04 AM
I'm a big fan of Cradle of Persia, not so much of Cradle of Rome, but thought I'd give this a try. It's okay. You can buy extra time, which is good, but it really doesn't have anything new or different or exciting. The game bogs down in the middle, as gold doesn't accumulate anywhere near as fast as food or supplies. This is handy, I suppose, for later, when I found myself needing to buy time, but after a while, it got boring.

Plus, after about three-quarters of the way through, the boards got VERY hard, which I found frustrating. It's really not fun to either give up lives or have to spend several thousand in food or supplies just to clear a tile.

I don't think I'll be playing this again anytime soon. I was disappointed.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Dec 15, 11 8:43 PM
I'm not a big Match 3 fan but I actually really enjoyed this game enough to buy it. And I'm still playing it.

The only improvement I would like is in the "build the city" area to have more freedom and actually build wherever I like and whatever I liked (if I had the dough) - like gardens and momuments, etc instead of having the game control that.

The only other match 3 games I love are Fishdom 1 & ?3 (not the **** one but the two Match 3 ones) because I can build my own underwater world - and if I want nothing than clownfish - well that's all I'll add (even if the game tells me to mix my fish up to score more points!).

I am a sucker of anything "egyptian" so maybe that had something to do with it!

[Post New]by lwissbro on Dec 26, 11 4:33 PM
Not very challanging......love Cradle of Rome and Cradle of Persia, but Egypt and Rome 2 were very dissappointing.......sure wish you would come out with another one like the first two cradles

Edited on 01/09/2012 at 9:50:05 PM PST

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Dec 27, 11 6:27 PM
I love this game!! This is my second ever Match 3 game, the other is Throne of Olympus and that one is also very enjoyable to play. Two awesome games !! Thanks BFG for these two !

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 27, 11 9:42 PM
Fun enough...but just not for me

lluvia13
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lluvia13 on Dec 29, 11 5:42 PM
the game is good on everything except on the blue print they r very slow motion and after level 34 they get very slow motin beside that is ok

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 9, 12 10:12 AM
An addictive, entertaining match three game with 100 levels....a long one. Good one to take on a 5-6 hour plane ride! Thoroughly enjoyed this game. I use match 3 games as a break from the adventure games so I only use the untimed option. However, this game does give you the opportunity to have a timed game. Also, after you complete the game their are additional games to play. Don't regret buying this one at all. Loved building the cities and collecting the supplies. I didn't take the tutorial so it took awhile to figure out what I was collecting at the the bottom of my screen. Finally realized they were items to help with the game if you got stuck (or ran out of patience). Especially loved the little chariot guy. Had to really keep from using him too much just to hear his YeeeHaw. LOL.

If you like match 3 or even if you just use them the way I do, you will love this game. A definate 5 in my book!

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Nov 18, 12 5:17 AM
Great Match3-game with an Egyptian city-building twist! I have been playing this for a couple of months now and have finished all the buildings, and at level 98, almost done!! I love the Egyptian music, it sometimes reminds me of The Mummy movies.
The little Egyptians living in the city are cute, all the little details. The game is a bit too hard sometimes, I only wish the upgrades were available more often.

A very good Match3 game especially if you love Egypt.

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Jul 3, 13 5:37 PM
This is one of my favorite match three games, one of the Cradle series. Challenging, but not frustrating. Give it a try!

[Post New]by nancy11952 on Jun 11, 14 6:37 PM
I was loving this game until the last area it turns white and cant see the symbols or play the game.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 18, 14 4:47 PM
I tried playing this game once before and didn't like it. But I decided to try again in honor of my Mom, who absolutely loved Egypt and her dream of visiting that country came true after many years of waiting. So, Mom - this is for you!

I'm a mediocre M3 player. I've always played just to relax and not to have to think. But that is changing. Now strategy interests me. And now I love this game; at least based on the little I have played. I'm at the beginning and I know it's going to get a lot harder but I'm having so much fun buying plans and matching certain tiles and collecting supplies and I like watching my "village" grow.

Before I thought the game play was clunky. It is not clunky at all. And I like that I can play timed or relaxed - I always choose relaxed so that I don't feel a lot of pressure to finish in a certain amount of time. Others have posted that this is a long game - great! Another thing I like is that hints are given but they are subtle. One of my pet peeves is M3 games where hints pop up after two seconds of not making a match and they are obvious; so obvious that I can't think, they annoy me, and I wish I could disable them. In this game I didn't even notice that hints were being given for quite some time and I can easily ignore them. Thank you, developers!

I like the music and I like learning about how the Egyptians lived, what they ate, what their houses were like - all of that. The game is colorful and interesting and fun. So I highly recommended it.

Happy gaming!! (My Mom told me that in Egypt there are cats everywhere.)

Go to: