bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 24, 11 9:10 AM
You'll need your best investigative skills to finally escape Ravenhearst!

If you are stuck in this section of the game, if you need advice or hints, be sure to use this thread to ask other players for assistance.

Please denote any content that reveals plot elements with a *SPOILER* warning.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

 
PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Nov 24, 11 9:52 AM
Where do you find the numbers for the last puzzle upstairs in the forever home?

 
XxShadowsxX
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by XxShadowsxX on Nov 24, 11 9:54 AM
PirateGirl212 wrote:Where do you find the numbers for the last puzzle upstairs in the forever home?



**SPOILER**

Follow and write down the patterns of the girls' eyes.

Edited on 11/24/2011 at 9:55:27 AM PST


 
PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Nov 24, 11 10:16 AM
XxShadowsxX wrote:
PirateGirl212 wrote:Where do you find the numbers for the last puzzle upstairs in the forever home?



**SPOILER**

Follow and write down the patterns of the girls' eyes.


Where do I find the patterns of the girls eyes?

 
XxShadowsxX
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by XxShadowsxX on Nov 24, 11 10:21 AM
PirateGirl212 wrote:
XxShadowsxX wrote:
PirateGirl212 wrote:Where do you find the numbers for the last puzzle upstairs in the forever home?



**SPOILER**

Follow and write down the patterns of the girls' eyes.


Where do I find the patterns of the girls eyes?


Girls', plural. Find Emma, Rose, and the twins. Click the close ups on the faces.

 
PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Nov 24, 11 10:34 AM
XxShadowsxX wrote:
PirateGirl212 wrote:
XxShadowsxX wrote:
PirateGirl212 wrote:Where do you find the numbers for the last puzzle upstairs in the forever home?



**SPOILER**

Follow and write down the patterns of the girls' eyes.


Where do I find the patterns of the girls eyes?


Girls', plural. Find Emma, Rose, and the twins. Click the close ups on the faces.


Okay I did that I need help with this one what do I do when I get a close up of their faces? How do I count so I can find the right numbers? I really need help with this one

 
XxShadowsxX
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by XxShadowsxX on Nov 24, 11 10:40 AM
PirateGirl212 wrote:
XxShadowsxX wrote:
PirateGirl212 wrote:
XxShadowsxX wrote:
PirateGirl212 wrote:Where do you find the numbers for the last puzzle upstairs in the forever home?



**SPOILER**

Follow and write down the patterns of the girls' eyes.


Where do I find the patterns of the girls eyes?


Girls', plural. Find Emma, Rose, and the twins. Click the close ups on the faces.


Okay I did that I need help with this one what do I do when I get a close up of their faces? How do I count so I can find the right numbers? I really need help with this one


First, study the three puzzles on the monitor so you know what to look for. Their eyes will be much more easier to understand once you do. Each girl has the solution to one of the puzzles. I would write down what the pattern is because you cannot go back and forth between the monitor and the girls without resetting the puzzles.

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by silverblue63 on Nov 24, 11 1:15 PM
Just want to say thanks for matching the forum questions to the related game section as it limits the amount of pages you have to read. I've stayed away from forums due to their length, often because the same questions are frequently repeated. By dividing it into the game sections, we can see posts that are pertinent to our problem; and I suspect there would be less repeat postings as people will find their answer quicker and not repeat post out of frustration.

Perhaps in the future you might consider "standard" questions to avoid the "help" and "I'm Stuck" which offer no real value and adds to the length. I assume there are some who have advance copies of these games so they can probably foresee the obvious questions. In this case, the Eye Chart, Lighthouse Codes, etc.

Maybe even have a "hint" thread and a "spoiler" thread for those who want the challenge and those who have already had enough!

Just some thoughts ... Thanks very much

 
MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 24, 11 4:41 PM
Yes I agree -- this is very helpful.

I too, was stuck on the end game solution and wanted to know where to find the clues to solving it. I looked at the strategy guide but I fear it was a bit too subtle on this one. I kept looking for numbers on the wall behind the girls or something like that !!

Thanks for explaining it Shadow will go try it now!

 
magmitch
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by magmitch on Nov 24, 11 8:04 PM
First I will apologize for my stupidity. Maybe I am just too tired or too full of turkey.
I get that the monitor (for each direction of the dial) coordinates with the three sets of eye movements. Now what? I don't see any puzzles to activate.

 
XxShadowsxX
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by XxShadowsxX on Nov 24, 11 9:03 PM
magmitch wrote:First I will apologize for my stupidity. Maybe I am just too tired or too full of turkey.
I get that the monitor (for each direction of the dial) coordinates with the three sets of eye movements. Now what? I don't see any puzzles to activate.


**SPOILER**


The three puzzles are on the monitor; one turn of the dial for each. Just click the monitor to complete the puzzles.

 
PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Nov 25, 11 6:16 AM
XxShadowsxX wrote:
magmitch wrote:First I will apologize for my stupidity. Maybe I am just too tired or too full of turkey.
I get that the monitor (for each direction of the dial) coordinates with the three sets of eye movements. Now what? I don't see any puzzles to activate.


**SPOILER**


The three puzzles are on the monitor; one turn of the dial for each. Just click the monitor to complete the puzzles.


What I'm stuck on is how many times the twins blink I don't wanna have the wrong number and I don't wanna count too many times

 

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by sarahems on Nov 25, 11 10:19 AM
Where is the dial for the monitor?

 
cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by cstdenis on Nov 25, 11 11:29 AM
Where is the dial for the monitor?


You get it from Victor's box (the one with the Vs in his old house).

 
wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Nov 25, 11 12:40 PM
cstdenis wrote:
Where is the dial for the monitor?


You get it from Victor's box (the one with the Vs in his old house).


I know where Victor's old house but what room is that box in? Thank you for the help.

 
MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 25, 11 12:48 PM
wolfrun_cb1 wrote:
cstdenis wrote:
Where is the dial for the monitor?


You get it from Victor's box (the one with the Vs in his old house).


I know where Victor's old house but what room is that box in? Thank you for the help.


Victor's house has only one room in it, the workshop. It's where you hooked up the hose to go down the cliff. You will find the toolbox with the V puzzle inside the workshop.

~~~MO~~~

 
wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Nov 25, 11 1:10 PM
MoDreams wrote:
wolfrun_cb1 wrote:
cstdenis wrote:
Where is the dial for the monitor?


You get it from Victor's box (the one with the Vs in his old house).


I know where Victor's old house but what room is that box in? Thank you for the help.


Victor's house has only one room in it, the workshop. It's where you hooked up the hose to go down the cliff. You will find the toolbox with the V puzzle inside the workshop.

~~~MO~~~


Thank you!!! I was looking in the other house with Momma! Is there any additional gameplay? Can't seem to find any.

 
sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 25, 11 3:38 PM
how do i solve the puzzle in victor's workshop
i feel so stupid on some of these puzzles.

 
MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 25, 11 4:01 PM
sparkers2005 wrote:how do i solve the puzzle in victor's workshop
i feel so stupid on some of these puzzles.


This is another very difficult puzzle that I had to skip the first time I played the game, but the 2nd time through I understood it better and was able to solve it.

1st the V's -- notice how clicking on each one affects the others, take notes. I found it helped a lot. Get it so that the 4th V is in the correct position (counting clockwise from the top) and the first three are all facing left. Then click the 1st V and voila, they are all in position.

2nd the numbers pegs. -- each peg can be jumped to an empty spot the same distance as it's number. The 1 peg can jump one place. The 4 peg jumps 4 places. They can go left right up down or DIAGONALLY!! When you click on a peg, empty holes it can jump to turn blue.
The way I solved it was by -- first moving the two 1's in the middle of the right side, over to the left one place. This opened up holes that the two 4's could jump into. I then moved the 2's from the corners diagonally into the next row. This made holes some 3's could jump into. Proceed in this manner until you have jumped all the pegs.
I hope this helps.

~~~MO~~~

 
msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:Hints, tips and gameplay questions for Forever Home (Zone 6)

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Nov 25, 11 4:01 PM
i have done the eye following tests & am still stuck

 
 
 
 
Go to: