SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Minigames

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 24, 11 11:38 AM
It's fitting that this post turns me into a because now I'm feeling pretty foolish. I finished the adventure mode, but can't figure out two of the minigames. One is the 4 different tiles one in a 4 x 4 square with 4 of each tile and you have to arrange them so that each row, column and diagonal are different. The other is the match the animals disc puzzle. I hit the skip button to keep my head from exploding after spending 30 minutes on each one which means my trophy case is missing two trophies.

I'm thinking these puzzles have appeared in HOGs somewhere before and would much appreciate knowing what game they were in so I can look at a walkthrough, or any advice on how you solve these puzzles is much appreciated. TIA and for all of the fishies in the US, Happy Thanksgiving!

Re:Minigames

[Post New]by llj_1151100395 on Nov 25, 11 10:35 PM
The directions to the 4x4 minigame were misleading. The answer that worked for me was as follows:
(I'm using numbers instead of pictures to simplify matters)

2 4 3 1
3 1 2 4
1 3 4 2
4 2 1 3

As long as the rows, columns and the diagonals from corner to corner had a differ-
ent picture, everything was kosher.

Edited on 11/25/2011 at 10:38:08 PM PST

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Nov 26, 11 7:40 AM
I had trouble solving the animal disk puzzle as well. Even having one fixed disc would be very helpful.

My real question though is is there anyway to do the minigames separately (and thus get the last two trophies) without doing the whole game over again from the start?

Thanks!

edit: Just found out there is also a "premium" edition that includes the mini-games separate, as well as 15 bonus levels, so I'm assuming that with this edition separate mini-games will not appear. So it goes.

Edited on 11/27/2011 at 1:38:20 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 27, 11 2:02 PM
Thank you llj_1151100395 and welcome to the pond! I noticed the misleading instructions too after I hit the Solve button since it flashed the tiles in what appeared to be semi diagonals afterwards.

Hi NormaNorman, I didn't see any options to just play the minigames only after I completed the adventure mode. Oh well...don't think I'll buy the CE for the bonus content as I had the COR2 CE at one time and the bonus levels there were killers. As difficult as COE gets near the end of the game, I would dread seeing anything even worse in the bonus levels!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 29, 11 11:22 PM
[SPOILER ALERT]

In case anyone else can't figure out the animal disk puzzle, I got it tonight.

The disks start out in 2 columns:

1xxxxxxxxx4
2xxxxxxxxx5
3xxxxxxxxx6

and I've got the feeling I'm going to be a clownfish for a long, long time because the solution turned out to be:

xxxxxxxxxxx1
xxxx6xxxxxxxxxxxxx2
xxxxxxxxxcenter
xxxx5xxxxxxxxxxxxx3
xxxxxxxxxxx4

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on May 19, 12 5:17 PM
In the event llj_1151100395 or SnythpopAddict come back to this thread some day, THANK YOU both!

[Post New]by DrgnDspchr on Nov 7, 12 4:33 AM
Bless u llj_1151100395 for the help with the 4x4 game... i spent 45mins trying to make there be no diagonals matching and i was begining to think i had lost what was left of my mind...... u saved me
thanks
DrgnDspchr

Go to: