triercl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

INSTRUCTIONS

[Post New]by triercl on Nov 24, 11 6:12 PM
why are there no instructions on what to do when you come across a puzzle, etc.? I hate going to the strategy guide everytime

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

Re:INSTRUCTIONS

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 24, 11 6:28 PM
I agree --- I loved this game, really.

But I would really appreciate an "INFO" button like I have seen in other puzzles. For example on the Knights on the chessboard -- click info and it says -- Move the knight around the board until all the squares are lit." I don't want to have to go to the SG every time just to find out HOW to work the puzzle. I don't want a solution just a get started point. Though to be fair -- the SG didn't tell you HOW to reach the solution, it just showed you which directions you can move the knight and that the final solution has them all lit up.

And to be fair -- part of the fun and challenge of this game was figuring out what to do. For example with the map clues -- you had to find the map coordinates in several places and put it all together. It's a design choice they made, and for the most part, info wasn't needed except on a few of the more confusing puzzles.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Nov 24, 11 6:40 PM
This game is done more along the lines of an adventure game, so most of the things you'll have to figure out for yourself and that includes the puzzles.

I don't know how helpful the Strategy Guide is because I didn't use it, but others have said it just mainly gives solutions.

If you're having difficulty figuring out what to do in a particular puzzle, post in the category for the particular zone. There are quite a few of us sweeping through the forums regularly helping people.

Or you can send me a PM. I took really good notes all through the game. I could almost write my own walkthrough - LOL.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Nov 24, 11 11:46 PM
I agree. I'm so frustrated with this game. I don't think it should EVER be a design choice to leave out instructions. Make them OPTIONAL. Let the gamer decide whether to figure it out for themselves or not. Haven't people said it often enough in these forums?? Allow choices. Have a casual and advanced mode. The've lost me as a customer because if they continue in this arrogant "we know best" way I won't buy another MCF game. I gave this one a try because they said it was going back to the way they were... I hated the last 13 one... never even finished it. So now I've wasted money buying two CE's. I should have learned last time but I really thought they said this was going to be more Dire Grove-like... my fave game ever.

Tex I don't think it's much like an adventure game... I love adventure games. I think it's more true LFA than anything with a bunch of morphing objects thrown in. Which is FINE. There is nothing wrong with making an LFA at all but TELL US it's an LFA so we know. Don't call it a hog. Ohhhh PS & OT: Did I tell you? Jacob's tests came back negative and he's doing so much better... he also plays the bus driver game non-stop... I swear it cheered him up so much it helped him get better.

Go to: