cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 25 November 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Nov 25, 11 12:06 AM
Any comments fishes?

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Re:Todays DD 25 November 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by JoyWales on Nov 25, 11 12:12 AM
Wonderful game, have played it several times. Was good value at full price so definitely worth looking at if you have not played it before.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Nov 25, 11 12:23 AM
Definitely a steal at the DD price.

A very fun and quirky game created by Nevosoft who also did Vampireville and Dreamland. I bought it a while ago and loved it when I played it. If you like a game created with a sense of humor, then this is the one for you.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 25, 11 12:23 AM
This is a great game. Funny too.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Nov 25, 11 12:35 AM
Great game...and LONG!!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 25, 11 1:05 AM
I'm just thrilled to get this game at DD prices. I've been wanting it for awhile and every month when I get my punch cards, I was going to get it. But some other game always came up first. I'm so excited to get it now. I have played the full demo and enjoyed every minute of it. And now it's mine at such a deal. What a holiday treat!

I rate this game: "PIGLET"
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,Adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 25, 11 1:28 AM
I Purchased this game a good while ago and enjoyed it very much. One of the few I treated like a really good book and didn't stop until I had finished it. Not all at one time! lol! Just didn't interrupt it to play any other game until it was ended. Totally worth checking out IMO.
Happy Gaming All
BK

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Nov 25, 11 5:17 AM
A really fun game...especially as a DD!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Nov 25, 11 5:21 AM
This game has frequently been mentioned in the forums, so I was thrilled to see it as a DD. Downloaded the trial demo just to make sure it works. The graphics are clear and bright and I have already had several little tasks to do. Seems to be a cute and quirky little game and I need something light and bright after playing EFR for past 2 days so I went ahead and bought it. Something fun to play this weekend!

CirceMoon
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by CirceMoon on Nov 25, 11 5:52 AM
My rating: 4.25/5 stars, and a great deal at DD prices.

Mushroom Age is a very cute game that is quirky and a nice break from all of the doomy and gloomy HOGs. You play as Vera, a woman who is in search Tom, to whom she is due to get married in two days. Her search takes her through many points in time where she meets historical figures such as Nostradamus and Socrates. Humor is scattered throughout the game, and it's a great deal of fun to play. There are 23 chapters in all, making this an incredibly long playing experience.

The graphics are bright and colorful, although the way that the characters are animated seems kind of antiquated, and brings down the overall graphic presentation. However, all characters are fully voiced, and the voice acting is pretty good. In my mind, this makes up for the characters' lower graphic quality.

The game play includes a mixture of hidden object scenes with different kinds of lists and objectives (e.g., sometimes you are given a standard list, other times a silhouette, and other times you are looking for a certain number of a particular object like symbols). There are a great deal of adventure elements to the game, as sometimes you are doing tasks for people in order to gain their help. In addition, there are a variety of puzzles. Some of the puzzles are fairly standard, and others are unique and interesting.

The game isn't perfect. There are no choices for difficulty levels and the hint recharges very slowly. Sometimes the puzzle solutions aren't very intuitive, nor are the inventory puzzles. But the game's many strengths make up for these very few weaknesses.

In summary, Mushroom Age is a delightful, fun game and a real bargain at the DD price. I've rated it 4.25/5 stars. Points were deducted for the awkward way that the characters were animated and the extremely slow hint recharge.

Enjoy, everyone!

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Nov 25, 11 8:19 AM
Bought this game on the recommendations of many fishies when I first came to the pond. It's long; it has a sense of humor; and the gameplay is good. It's a steal at DD prices and you won't be sorry you bought it.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 25, 11 8:36 AM
Adding to the enthusiasm! Buy this one - you won't regret it! It's an incredibly well thought out game - great story! Beautiful graphics and you'll just love, love the T-Rex!! I bought it the day it came out and was hooked - have gone back and played it again and again - IMO this one was ahead of it's time and it stands up nicely against today's complex games. No - you won't wear out any sneakers - but you'll smile ,all the way through! I'm off to write an "official" review for this one, then play it again today!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 25, 11 8:50 AM

CirceMoon

Welcome to the Pond
. Well done review as was your
review fot MCF Escape from Ravenherst. Looking
forward to more reviews from you.

Don't know why I haven't demoed this before, but did
so today and off to buy.

Quirky is good. LOL

selkatz
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by selkatz on Nov 25, 11 10:48 AM
Mushroom Age is a really, really fun game. It's hard to determine that by the photo and the name, but it is really a terrific game. Totally different than the spooky games, and it is right up there with my top ten list of favorite games, RTR being number one still. Hide and Secret 3 is of the same quality of this game and again, it is hard to tell by the name and the photo of the game, but it is a really good game too; one that also differs from the haunted and find my brother game.

J

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 25, 11 10:49 AM
I think that everyone should at least try this unique game. You'll find yourself enjoying, going through the different scenes, eras.

I have brought this today, and am I happy to add it to my collection.

Edited on 11/25/2011 at 10:50:03 AM PST

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Nov 25, 11 11:45 AM
This is a wonderfully silly and fun game. I loved the graphics, especially the mushroom world. Good reveiws above, so I won't explain again. Just want to point out that this game is goofy fun, but you do have to give Socrates a massage!

Go for it and enjoy!

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Nov 25, 11 12:06 PM
Lucky, lucky fishies to be able to get this game as a DD. I bought it a while back and thoroughly enjoy it. I, too, loved, the T-Rex and the voices are great. You won't understand about the name of the game until you get to the end. And trust me, it takes a lonnnnng time to get to the end. You get your money's worth out of this game.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Nov 25, 11 12:38 PM
I wasn't a Big Fish Games member in 2008 so I missed this. As someone else said, this game was ahead of it's time. It's a game I would have snapped up when it first came out. It is a really fun game to play. I like the story, the quirky characters, the game play and the graphics. The music is nice too but I had to turn it down because it looped too much in the Hidden Object scenes.

I give this game out of 5. I am glad this jewel was offered again as I missed it the first time around.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Nov 25, 11 12:44 PM
I bought this a while back and quite enjoyed it. If I remember correctly, the Dinosaur's voice reminded me of the claymation dog "Goliath" from Davy and Goliath, which was both funny and a little annoying. Certainly not enough to pass up on this deal though.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Nov 25, 11 1:36 PM
I really enjoyed the game, except I was so disappointed to find out you can't skip any of the puzzled. Because of that, when I got stuck trying to solve one of them, I wasn't able to progress in the game so I never bought it.

Go to: