yews
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Level 75

[Post New]by yews on Nov 25, 11 6:36 PM
Has anyone completed Level 75 in timed mode? If so, how? I thought the Time Freeze power up would do it along with buying more time, but I still timed-out and am down to 2 lives.

This level is much harder than any in Cradle of Rome!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 75

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 27, 11 1:51 PM
Welcome to the pond, yews If you're still stuck, I was playing level 75 a little earlier, so am editing my original post. Ugh, stone blocks and narrow columns...IMO you're correct when you said this is harder than any boards in the Cradle of Rome games!

I got the time freeze powerup on this level and kept on using it as soon as it recharged the whole way through. Made myself avoid horizontal matches as much as possible in the beginning so I wouldn't accidentally clear out any vertical setups to break a block. When the timer started to get low I used about half of the other powerups to clear out any spots that I still couldn't reach. (Then I hoarded powerups over the next few levels to gradually recharge them as the next few levels after 75 weren't as bad.)

In order to get the time freeze to recharge regularly you'll have to go all over the board over and over to match the ankhs and when you're doing this, wait for the tiles to fall in the right way to get the matches you need at the bottom. This just takes a long time--about 15 minutes to play the whole level--and yes, it starts to feel more like work after a while. At least it's easy to get the 15 powerups used trophy here. Hope that helps and good luck!

Edited on 11/29/2011 at 11:04:16 PM PST

yews
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Level 75

[Post New]by yews on Dec 6, 11 7:37 PM
Thanks. As soon as I posted question, went back & got through the level with time to spare. I've played it through 3 times and have yet to win -- can not get enough points!

Go to: