robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Bonus Level 3 Hard Mode: Expert for slow clickers

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 11 11:35 AM
I spent weeks on this one! I tried all the tips, but I still kept coming up a few seconds short of Expert time in Hard mode. Finally I realized the problem wasn’t the tips, it was me. I’m a slow clicker, and I was just losing too much time in between each step. So I started looking for ways to get the workers to do more for me so my slow clicking wouldn’t be as much of a problem.

I finally came up with a walkthrough that will get me Expert on Hard Mode for Bonus Level 3 about 4 out of 5 times. If I do fail, it’s because I missed something, like getting the Cobbler started on time.

We’re going to go ahead and get 4 workers right from the beginning. There will be places where there won’t be enough for all of them to do, but remember that just having 4 makes all of them faster.

Also, you have to be really careful and avoid the temptation to upgrade a building too early. For slow clickers, this level is all about balance. There are so many different things to build, for example, that it’s better at the beginning to keep the Sawmill and the Pumphouse at their lowest level for awhile, since they’ll refresh faster even if they’re only giving 5 units at a time. That way you can start the next building sooner.

Also we’re going to collect cut down quite a few trees, but we’ll do it in stages, so that we get the advantage of the higher levels of the storehouse when we can.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:Bonus Level 3 Hard Mode: Expert for slow clickers

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 11 11:36 AM
1. Upgrade the cottage to two workers.
2. Build the first bridge and upgrade the cottage to three workers.
3. Build the second bridge, build the pumphouse, and upgrade the cottage to four workers.
4. Build the third bridge and build the Cobbler.
5. Pick berries while you’re waiting.
6. Build the fourth bridge. You have workers waiting at the Cottage, and that’s OK.
7. Collect the first Water and use it on the Sawmill.
8. Collect the Key and pick the Berries by the Storehouse.
9. Build the Sawmill as soon as the fire is out there.
10. From now on, collect Berries whenever you have a worker free. Also collect Boots from the Cobbler as soon as they become available.
11. Send workers to unlock the two portals.
12. Collect the second Water as soon as it’s available.
13. Put out the fire at the Quarry (far left through the portal by the Cottage).
14. At this point whenever you have 2 workers with nothing to do AND you have Boots, send 1 worker to cut down a tree until you have cut down all the trees on the lower level plus the one tree next to the Smithy on the top right. Don’t cut down the trees up behind the Fortress yet. Only send one worker at a time, though, because you want to be able to work on the buildings as soon as resources are available.
15. From now on collect items as they are available at buildings in this order: Boots, Stone, Gold, Wood, Water, Food, Hammer, Berries.
16. Repair the Quarry as soon as you can.
17. Put out the fire at the Gold Mine.
18. Build the Gold Mine to Level 1 and then the Quarry to Level 2 as Wood becomes available.
19. Once you have enough Water, put out the fire at the Storehouse. Do not touch the Farm yet.
20. Build the Storehouse to Level 1.
21. Put out the fire at the Farm.
22. Build the Storehouse to Level 2.
23. Repair the Farm.
24. Build the Gold Mine to Level 2.
25. Put out the Fire at the Smithy and repair it.
26. Now just keep collecting Water until you have enough to put out the main Fortress.

Edited on 11/27/2011 at 11:42:56 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 11 11:37 AM
The next 3 steps overlap each other. Do each one as soon as possible. Remember to keep collecting items from the buildings as they become available. Don’t forget the Berries by the Storehouse!

27. Build the Quarry to Level 3, then the Gold Mine to Level 3, then the Storehouse to Level 3, then the Farm to Level 2.
28. Once the fire is out at the main Fortress, use water to put out the Boathouse, then the two wooden parts of the Fortress, then the various Temples as they become available. Don’t repair any of these until the instructions in the walkthrough, just put out the fires. Once you have all the fires put out, stop collecting water.
29. Tear down the Idol as soon as you have enough food to do so. Later you will give food to the Monk.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 11 11:38 AM
Now you’re ready for the next stage. The Quarry, Gold Mine, and Storehouse are all maxed out. The fire is out at the main Fortress. You’ve gotten rid of the Idol. The Farm is at Level 2. The Cobbler and Smithy are at Level 1.

30. As soon as you have Boots and there’s nothing to collect at the buildings, chop down all the trees behind the Fortress (through the portal by the Storehouse) and all the trees behind the Temples on the left. Do not cut down the trees behind the Temples on the right, you won’t need them.
31. Upgrade the Farm to Level 3, then the Smithy to Level 2, then the Cobbler to Level 2.
32. Give the Monk the food he needs as soon as it’s available. Keep putting out fires.
33. Once you have the materials to repair the main part of the Fortress, wait until you have the Hammer, then repair it. Do not repair any Temples yet.
34. Upgrade the Sawmill to Level 2 (but not to Level 3), then the Pumphouse to Level 2 (but not to Level 3).
35. Upgrade the Cobbler to Level 3, then the Smithy to Level 3.
36. Build the Boathouse. Do not collect any Crystals until after you have taken care of the Idol and the Monk. Once they are both taken care of, collect a Crystal anytime you have Boots and enough resources.

Edited on 11/27/2011 at 11:40:50 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 27, 11 11:40 AM
Phase 3. At this point you have rebuilt the main Fortress. The Quarry, Gold Mine, Farm, Storehouse, Cobbler, and Smithy are maxed out. The Sawmill and the Pumphouse are at Level 2, which is as high as you’re going with them. You’ve cleared the way to both Temple areas. You’ve cut all the trees you’re going to cut. You’ve built the Boathouse and will collect Crystals as you get resources. The fires are out everywhere except some Temples, which you will put out as soon as possible.

All that’s left to do is finish the Fortress, build the Barracks and the Tower, collect the Crystals, and build the 4 Temples. It’s very important that you leave the lower left Temple repair for last. This is the one closest to the Storehouse, and the shortest distance for your workers to run. You can repair the other 3 in any order that’s convenient as long as you’ve finished the Fortress first.

37. Repair the two small buildings by the Fortress.
38. Build the Barracks, then the Tower, as soon as you have the Wood. At this point you don’t need Wood for anything else so these will get done in time. Once they’re done, stop collecting Wood.
39. As soon as you have all 4 Crystals, stop collecting Food and Berries.
40. If you’ve followed the sequence above, you should get down to the last two Temples needing about the same amount of Stone and Gold. Remember to save the Temple repair in the lower left (closest to the Storehouse) for last.
41. When you get down to the last Temple and you’re just waiting for resources, continue to collect Boots to speed up your workers, but leave the Hammer sitting by the Smithy until you’ll need it, so you’ll be sure to have one for the last repair. At this point you will only be picking up Stones, Gold, Hammer, and Boots so try to anticipate what will come next.
42. Occasionally hover your cursor over the last Temple so you can see when you’re one resource cycle away from being able to build. At that point pick up the Hammer.
43. As soon as the resources are available, build the last Temple. You should get Expert with 5 to 10 seconds to spare.

There are lots of other ways to do this for faster clickers, but this method should work for most slow clickers.

Robin

Edited on 11/27/2011 at 2:44:25 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 28, 11 7:36 AM
It may take a few tries to get it down, especially if you've been trying other methods. But once you get it it should work consistently. If you get part way through and realize you've made a mistake (like upgrading the Sawmill too soon) just start over.

Robin

Go to: