Group play for Syberia I.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Group play for Syberia I.

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Nov 29, 11 4:26 AM
Today three of us are going to start Syberia I, and anyone is welcome to join us.

LF games can be tough and we experienced they are so much more fun when played together. We intend to discuss the game here, encourage each other on, keep each other motivated and for the main part: just have FUN with the game.

We hope that everyone will refrain from putting out spoilers openly, please white them out and only give hints when specifically asked for.

We each play at our own pace, it's not a race nor a contest, so don't feel bad if others make progress much faster.

LET'S JUST ENJOY!

Let the fun begin and feel free to join us in our play of Syberia I.

Edited on 01/18/2012 at 2:56:46 AM PST

heartless500
Catfish
Catfish
1,605 Posts

Re:Group play for Syberia I, anyone welcome to join in.

[Post New]by heartless500 on Nov 29, 11 5:02 AM
what a cool idea! I really enjoyed both of the Syberia games, and I am sure you and your friends will too.

Have lots of fun, and good luck!!

[Post New]by gameplayer300 on Nov 29, 11 6:15 AM
I would like to join in what do we do?

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Nov 29, 11 6:39 AM
@heartlesss, thanks, I hope we have tremendous fun!

@gameplayer300, you are very much welcome to join us. Just start your game and if you have questions and/or comments place them here. And if you are unsure what to do in this thread you are also welcome to just lurk for a while and see how things go. Good luck with the game and enjoy your time in this thread.

I am starting my game now, will be back here when I've made some progress or got so frustrated that I need support.

MoDreams
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,179 Posts

[Post New]by MoDreams on Nov 29, 11 7:06 AM
It's been a while since I played Syberia 1 and 2 and they still rank as my all -time favorite games !! I do recall running into one glitch in the game that required me to update my directx.

The game is soooooo absorbing, the character development is comparable to a good novel. I dreamed about it for days after playing it. Very few games get to you like Syberia.

Just be really patient, and remember to click on EVERYTHING! I'll check i now and then to see if I can help you out now and then. Btw I found the U-hints site to be very helpful with these games.

Have fun!

~~~MO~~~

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 29, 11 7:13 AM
I do recall running into one glitch in the game that required me to update my directx.
The latest Direct X9 is critical. It doesn't matter if you have Direct X10 (Vista) or Direct X11 (Windows 7). This is in addition.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Nov 29, 11 8:20 AM
Liking what I've seen so far and the mechanics of the game are not that hard. That doesn't mean I always know what to do.

Just found out there may be another heir and I am looking around in Valadilene in search of more clues and how to proceed. Apparently we have to go to siberia at some point, but that was obvious I guess.

Have a WT open and a link to UHS, but I try not to use them too soon.

At first it takes some time to get the hang of any LF game and in the beginning I made lots of tiny little progress steps. Now I have to start paying attention to every little detail, talk to everyone and see what else there is to do in Valadilene.

So i haven't prgressed far, I just made my feet wet and i am hoping for a long and satisfying gameplay.

For those of you being new to LF games: please remember to save your game before quitting as LF games do not auto save.

Thanks MR_Russ and MO for popping in and leaving your comments.

Edited on 11/29/2011 at 9:55:18 AM PST

azada72
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,438 Posts

[Post New]by azada72 on Nov 29, 11 8:41 AM
I have played both Syberia games and I love them!!! They are definitley challenging, but not impossible..I was saddened to learn there won't be a #3.
(Read that on a review)
I think you'll like this game..Just take your time and enjoy it..The scenery is beautiful and the animation great..Great storyline also.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Nov 29, 11 9:35 AM
Hey Cfg, I'm here and ready to play, woot-woot!
Welcome everyone and anyone and join in! The more the merrier!!

The game is not hard to play but takes time. When I first played it I don't think I even knew about such things as walkthroughs or UHS so I just wandered around and s l o w l y figured things out. Ideally, this is not a game to rush through but linger over.

Will be back later...

Edited on 11/29/2011 at 9:36:04 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 29, 11 9:58 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I'll be moving this thread over to our Syberia Forum. This way it will be easier for other Syberia players to join in on the fun.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Nov 29, 11 10:06 AM
Thanks Hondo, that might indeed be a better place. Hope more fishies will join us in playing this magnificent game.

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Nov 29, 11 10:19 AM
Yay, hooray. I have just started playing Syberia I, for the second time. I'd like to join in, if I may. This and Syberia II are great favorites; I don't think they've been equalled. (If anyone knows of an adventure game of the same quality, please tell me about it.)
Thought I'd try to play without a walkthrough this time. It's going slooowly.

I'm still in Valadilene. Have unlocked the gates to the Voralberg complex, and am wandering around within.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Nov 29, 11 10:42 AM
Hey CfG thanks for starting the thread (and pointing me in the right direction!!) I am just about to start my play and am really looking forward to a good group play. Seems we may have picked up some more people to play along with too

Bellsprout the more the merrier We thought that by having a specific thread for us to talk about our group play of the game that we might find some others that would like to join in too. This is my first venture into this game and I am looking forward to it.

Right catch you all again soon.....I'm going in......!!

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Nov 29, 11 10:50 AM
Hi - I like our new home!
So I'm taking a break in the play. Oooh, Valadilene ... one of the most memorable things about this game is the lovely but decaying historical European 'locations' you get to explore. There is something so sad but hauntingly beautiful about it all. So evocative of a rich, elegant but disappearing past. I love it!

I'm exploring the factory, railway station, mansion... I remember a lot but not everything so it's not automatic (so to speak).

Time-saving tips for those who are brand new to the game:
~double-click whenever you can to get Kate to move faster
~read all the dialogue, but right-click when you're done to skip some of the speaking, which can be slow

Edited on 11/29/2011 at 11:02:18 AM PST

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Nov 29, 11 10:59 AM
Bellsprout wrote:This and Syberia II are great favorites; I don't think they've been equalled. (If anyone knows of an adventure game of the same quality, please tell me about it.)
Hi Bellsprout and welcome!

I have to give a MAJOR shout-out for The Longest Journey. Probably the most amazing (certainly the longest) adventure game I've ever played. If you don't mind occasional salty language and can enjoy a rich fantasy with a quasi-urban feel you should love it... especially since you appreciate the Syberias. The story line is so, so rich and multi-layered and there's so much to do... the most incredible voice acting as well! I played it years ago but it has stayed with me to this day.

Unfortunately it's not available through Big Fish but feel free to PM me for purchase details.

Edited on 11/29/2011 at 11:00:29 AM PST

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Nov 29, 11 11:57 AM
so I guess, you have all ready started the game, I will join in tomorrow, its been a long time since I played it, sounds like fun to play it over with you all

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Nov 29, 11 1:46 PM
Hi wildvaniilagirl! Yes, come play with us!
I can only play in fits and starts so this will take me a long while. Start tomorrow and you'll probably be ahead of me in no time!

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Nov 29, 11 2:18 PM
Thanks RenaissanceMom, its going to be fun, I can just see it, all start early in the morning when pupfish gets up at 5am, with a nice cup of tea, until then, night all

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Nov 29, 11 2:52 PM
Just come up for air after my first go in and I must say I am rather enjoying it so far The artwork is so beautiful and immersive.

I'm currently exploring the factory, station and church, so I have made a bit of progress. I can see this is going to be some fun and long gameplay.

Thanks rmom for the heads up about double clicking to get Kate to move faster. Although I am used to doing this in a lot of games it has been a while since I have played one where that has an effect, so I may well have forgotten to try it! I do keep right clicking things though (another habit from LFA play!) and of course in this game it opens the inventory!!

Yes our new home is looking quite lively so nice to see others are joining in too.

Hi wildvanillagirl nice to see another joining in the fun although 5am I only see that time of day if I haven't gone to bed yet for the night

Have fun everyone and night from me!

Edited on 11/29/2011 at 2:53:04 PM PST

ddr_cyclone102
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by ddr_cyclone102 on Nov 29, 11 3:12 PM
Hi all

This is my first time playing this game, I had to purchase it after all the good reviews and ravings about it.lol I just finished the download and have yet to start. Trying to figure out if I should make dinner first or let the kids fend for themselves tonight. It's nice to be in the company of all you fine fishies who have already played this game.

Laters
Deb

Go to: