bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 30, 11 3:18 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Access Violation
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Heroes of Hellas 3: Athens technical issues here only

[Post New]by killybait on Jan 13, 12 10:35 AM
I absolutely loved this game. However when I got to the last seal.
This is what came up:
Error-access violation at 0x005de8f8 (tried to write to 0x0000002c)
program terminated

After going through the whole game and now I can not finish it.
Very disappointed.
Any help accepted.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jan 18, 12 6:58 AM
Have you got the newest update? It is supposed to have fixed that error. If so, check out some of the solutions in the old technical thread that has been locked. You can still read what was said there. I also posted a thread on how to get around the access violation error that is also locked. Look through the pages of the forum for it.

This game shuts down my computer

[Post New]by sabrinac925 on Jan 21, 12 2:43 PM
The game functions fine. I am able to play it for various periods of time before my computer will suddenly shut down completely. This does not happen to my computer at any other time or with any othe program. I am on a PC running Windows 7. Pretty frustrating as it doesn't save the game so I have to re-do any levels I've accomplished since the game was last saved. Does this happen to anyone else and have you figured out why?

Kowhai2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Kowhai2 on Jan 22, 12 3:36 PM
Downloaded trial get error 126 when I try to play Is there a fix?

carthappy
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by carthappy on Feb 1, 12 9:33 PM
I downloaded the trial, opened it, adjusted the settings and the game shut down. The gamemanager said times up! I hadn't played at all!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 2, 12 12:22 AM
I am under the sea in a hidden obj scene, I have collected as many pieces that I can and the tip of his spear will not click on either end of his spear. I have restarted the game and re installed all other items click and stayed but not the orange fancy spear end.
anyone else having this prob??

jgehrke
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jgehrke on Feb 17, 13 6:53 PM
I really like this game, although it has literally blue screened my system twice already - I updated my graphics driver, but same result. I am running it on another system OK so far...

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Karavan on Jan 5, 14 9:57 AM
Cannot get any sound. reloaded one time with same results. any solution?

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Jan 5, 14 5:28 PM
Karavan wrote:Cannot get any sound. reloaded one time with same results. any solution?

I am guessing from the date that you are on a Mac like I am. I too am getting zero sound and would like to know if there is a known issue?

I am on an MBA C2D 1.6 running Mavericks.

[Post New]by vixstap02 on Jan 11, 14 2:26 PM
My computer freezes when i click Boreas. i've uninstalled and reinstalled. what's up with that?

[Post New]by mass55th on Jan 12, 14 4:52 PM
Karavan wrote:Cannot get any sound. reloaded one time with same results. any solution?

On a Mac here and have no sound. The game froze periodically on me while I was playing it. I was able to finish the game, but when I attempted to play the bonus section (Build a Palace) puzzles, I was not able to get past the first puzzle as the game repeatedly quit on me.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jan 14, 14 6:44 PM
I have a Mac Book Pro running Lion (10.7.5). I have sound, but as soon as I try to play the the first classic level in the palace, the game crashes.

The bug report:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
objc[11567]: garbage collection is OFF
Assertion failed: (px != 0), function operator->, file /Volumes/HD2/Jenkins/Home/slave/workspace/HeroesOfHellas3AthensMacOSX/src/platform/mac/build/../../../lib/boost/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp, line 424.

I also had periodic crashes, but this game goes no further.

I'll send an error report to the powers that be.

[Post New]by fralyn on Feb 14, 14 5:24 PM
vixstap02 wrote:My computer freezes when i click Boreas. i've uninstalled and reinstalled. what's up with that?
I have the same problem. Freezes the second time I use Boreas! Have reported problem and no joy......pity, as I really liked this game!
Hope the developers can fix it

[Post New]by cassadaga on Mar 31, 14 10:59 AM
My computer also freezes when I click Boreas. I'm using Mac Mavericks. Is there a solution to this problem?

wkking54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by wkking54 on Apr 12, 14 8:53 AM
Getting the same error as Stingray. I have a Mac running OSX and it crashes when I am in the palace thread; have completed 4 classic games and 3 puzzle games but now game crashes upon attempting to try any new game in the palace. I have saved the diagnostics details and will provide to tech support. This is a great game and I hope the developers can resolve the problem.

[Post New]by alisonmeier on Apr 16, 14 12:26 PM
Where is the bonus level icon in this game? I have played all the way through twice now and still cannot find it. I selected palace but get a screen of locked laurels. I selected the only unlocked laurel under classic and the game blows up. I would like to continue to play this game.

avsutton
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by avsutton on Apr 21, 14 5:18 PM
I'm running into the same problem with the Palace section. I'm running on a MacBook Pro with Mavericks. The game runs fine, I have no trouble with the sound or with any crashes prior to the Palace section.

But once I get there, I can play one Classic and one Puzzle, and then the game locks my system and crashes itself.

Fortunately, I'm loving this game enough to be able to play it all the way through again (if necessary) once the fix is released.

Or should that be.... IF the fix is released?

typegal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Can't get Palace to work - OSX Mavericks

[Post New]by typegal on Jun 20, 14 6:23 AM
Just like all other Mac users, game crashes when trying to play first bonus game…

[Post New]by Nikkidear_1 on Jul 13, 14 9:44 AM
Having exactly the same problem as this person.

RyeMcLaughlin wrote:I have a Mac Book Pro running Lion (10.7.5). I have sound, but as soon as I try to play the the first classic level in the palace, the game crashes.

The bug report:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
objc[11567]: garbage collection is OFF
Assertion failed: (px != 0), function operator->, file /Volumes/HD2/Jenkins/Home/slave/workspace/HeroesOfHellas3AthensMacOSX/src/platform/mac/build/../../../lib/boost/include/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp, line 424.

I also had periodic crashes, but this game goes no further.

I'll send an error report to the powers that be.

Go to: