bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen Collector's technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 1, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen Collector's technical issues here only

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 1, 11 1:18 AM
I'm having voiceover sound issue's, anyone else? I like the game, but I must have full sound. I have never had sound issue's with any game and I have hundreds. I l'd like to find out if anyone else is having sound issue's with this game?.

Re:Post any Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen Collector's technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Dec 1, 11 1:20 AM
The voiceover sound is fine.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Dec 1, 11 1:23 AM
I had troubles with the voice over, also. It would be so faint you could barely hear them. Kept adjusting the options and the sound, but it was never consistant. Also sometimes it sounded kind of scratchy to me.

Otherwise, great game.

Joy

cardano
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by cardano on Dec 1, 11 1:25 AM
Any chance the music volume has been set to low? The cutscene voiceover may be treated as music rather than sound on the option panel.

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Dec 1, 11 2:37 AM
I had no voice over in the intro and during cut scenes. Talking to the first set of children I got 3 words and then silence.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 11 2:46 AM
kimnick wrote:I had no voice over in the intro and during cut scenes. Talking to the first set of children I got 3 words and then silence.

AHA !! That happened to me too. I wasn't sure if it was just my own version or if anyone else had issues with the sound. The first voice I heard was that of my guide, and then the 2 children said "help us", and after that the voice stopped, but they still moved their mouths.

Now, I never had this problem before, so I don't know what to make of it.

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by tarbarme on Dec 1, 11 4:25 AM
cardano wrote:Any chance the music volume has been set to low? The cutscene voiceover may be treated as music rather than sound on the option panel.

You are right. I had the music down very low. When I turned it up the voices for the cut scenes could be heard. Thanks.

stavvi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by stavvi on Dec 1, 11 4:51 AM
Hi everyone - hope you have a great month.
I have just sent an e-mail to Customer Service and I am posting this information here should anyone else find themselves with the same problem, that is - the game doesn't save!!!!!!!!!This happened to me and other people in another game, Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition, and the problem was fixed. This problem had nothing to do with administration rights but with the fact that "the game wouldn’t save for players using non-Latin characters in profile names" (as the moderator bfgHondo stated). I hope Bigfishgames looks into this as I really want to play this game, and I'm sure it can't be played in one sitting.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 11 5:33 AM
Just wanted to let everyone with sound problems know that when I turned up the music - I never play the music - I was then able to hear the voices that I wasn't hearing before.

It seems that the music option is also the speech option. *sigh*
That's too bad because I never turn up the music when playing a game, but have to in this game.

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Dec 1, 11 7:12 AM
Stavvi,
I had this problem, too(I`m from Russia), but now I was able to solve it. May be, it will help you as well. You can open the Control Panel on your PC > User Accounts (I have Windows 7, on another Windows titles may be different)>Manage Another Account>Create Account. In the open box write new name/profile consisting of Latin characters only and choose type of account -Administrator. When new profile is ready, you have to change user(Start button> menu Shut Down>Change User. Choose your new Latin account. Make sure that your keyboard is English by default. Open your game and try create game profile. Close the game and open again. In my case it worked:my profile and game progress were saved.

Edited on 12/01/2011 at 7:14:01 AM PST

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 1, 11 9:11 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I'm having voiceover sound issue's, anyone else? I like the game, but I must have full sound. I have never had sound issue's with any game and I have hundreds. I l'd like to find out if anyone else is having sound issue's with this game?.

Yes, I am. and I hate it!!!!!!!!! Really leaves me on the fence about buying it.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 1, 11 9:12 AM
Valdy wrote:
kimnick wrote:I had no voice over in the intro and during cut scenes. Talking to the first set of children I got 3 words and then silence.

AHA !! That happened to me too. I wasn't sure if it was just my own version or if anyone else had issues with the sound. The first voice I heard was that of my guide, and then the 2 children said "help us", and after that the voice stopped, but they still moved their mouths.

Now, I never had this problem before, so I don't know what to make of it.

Same here!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 1, 11 9:55 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are having troubles hearing the voiceovers, please turn up the MUSIC slider in the Options menu to get this resolved. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 11 10:47 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

If you are having troubles hearing the voiceovers, please turn up the MUSIC slider in the Options menu to get this resolved. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

That's what I have said in my last post. Peeps don't read all there is to read.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Dec 1, 11 11:54 AM
Thanks for all the help everyone. I don't listen to the music either. So, I always have it turned down. I don't know why the Developers would put the voiceovers and music together. I prefer different modes, so I can choose what I want to listen to.

Everyone was a big help!
thanks again,
LovetoMissLisa

P.S. Hi Tarbarme, so good to see you again.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 11 1:14 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:Thanks for all the help everyone. I don't listen to the music either. So, I always have it turned down. I don't know why the Developers would put the voiceovers and music together. I prefer different modes, so I can choose what I want to listen to.

Same here. I automatically turn down the music in the "Option" section. There was one other game once that combined sound effects with music. Grrrr... I didn't want to listen to the music, and therefore wasn't able to here the background sounds.

I do hope that "Blue Tea Games" are reading these comments, because there is no reason why they couldn't give us different options for music and voice - like all the other developers do who have voice-over.

[Post New]by sitngulfside on Dec 1, 11 2:51 PM
I am having an issue at chapter 5.... i dont use the strat guides but even after I went through to make sure i didn't miss anything there is no way for me to advance? Did I miss something or is this a glitch.

stavvi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by stavvi on Dec 1, 11 8:05 PM
JirafaVanidosa wrote:Stavvi,
I had this problem, too(I`m from Russia), but now I was able to solve it. May be, it will help you as well. You can open the Control Panel on your PC > User Accounts (I have Windows 7, on another Windows titles may be different)>Manage Another Account>Create Account. In the open box write new name/profile consisting of Latin characters only and choose type of account -Administrator. When new profile is ready, you have to change user(Start button> menu Shut Down>Change User. Choose your new Latin account. Make sure that your keyboard is English by default. Open your game and try create game profile. Close the game and open again. In my case it worked:my profile and game progress were saved.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will try it out, although I was wondering if this might affect the functionality of the OS (I too have Windows 7) or can I change back to the original default language once I finish the game?

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Dec 2, 11 1:32 AM
stavvi wrote: I was wondering if this might affect the functionality of the OS (I too have Windows 7) or can I change back to the original default language once I finish the game?

Control Panel> Regional and language Options> Input Language and Keyboard>Button Change Keyboard layout> General-Input language default> English. That `s all. It `s only changes keyboard layout (and you can change it back any time), not language of OS.

And an account in English does not affect the work of the OS and it`s default language. You can keep it on your PC for the future and use it for games with the same feature of the saving progress (like I do, for example). Hopefully it will work for you.

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 2:03:50 AM PST

Go to: