[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 1, 11 4:37 AM
A place for your comments on the game.

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re:Comments on Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen CE

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Dec 1, 11 8:00 AM
Only played eight minutes and I'm in love,this to me is a perfect game.I loved the other two as well,but I can't and won't buy CE's so I'll just have to be patient for the SE.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Dec 1, 11 8:06 AM
Hi Tex

Got fairly well into chapter 2 before trial was up which has me a little worried about length but I went ahead and bought it anyway. The graphics are lovely and so well done. The story has captured my interest also. Even if it turns out short the investment in the developers is worth it.

Happy Gaming

Edited to buy a consonant...

Edited on 12/01/2011 at 8:07:29 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 1, 11 9:43 AM
Finding bits and pieces of items are just not something I enjoy.
After demo of both CE and SE of Briar Rose, never bought it.
Didn't even demo Exiled Prince for that reason.

However, the great reviews for this including mentions that
the FROGs were of better size and not just bits and pieces,
I decided to try it. So very glad I did!. Now I have a use
for those 2 credits I saved for MCF8's CE. Definitely
NOT buying that.

This game is so beautiful, love the voiceovers, the map,
FROGs that I can find, extra items to find to complete
the Parables and the fact that I was so imersed in
the play that the demo coming to an end startled me.
Got to have it.

ruadhan
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by ruadhan on Dec 1, 11 11:36 AM
Haven't even tried the demo version; as soon as I saw it was another in the "Dark Parables" series, I immediately bought it and will be playing it as soon as it finishes downloading.

That's what a good reputation in games, based on giving customers value and excellence for money, will do for you. I have to concur with the rest: Blue Tea Games are excellent.

maggisaxby
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by maggisaxby on Dec 1, 11 3:18 PM
did anyone else find this took an AGE to download?

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Dec 1, 11 7:16 PM
If I can manage to hold off getting it now, I think that I'll get this one as a Christmas gift for myself.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Dec 2, 11 11:57 AM
I loved this game as well, however, I waited until the end to read all the stories I collected gems for. BIG MISTAKE!. I finished the game and couldn't go back and read any of the stories. BUMMER....The only one I got to read was from the bonus game. I'd love to be able to go back and read the stories. I guess I'll play a different difficulty level of this game to get other features and read the stories as I go along.
I was hoping the parables to the stories would be listed with the rest of the bonus content like extra games and all the rest.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Dec 2, 11 12:45 PM
There's no doubt that this game is absolutely beautiful; graphics are awesome. BUT after a while, I found myself just plain bored with putting together fragments of yet another gorgeous "item" to fit into a door or put on display somewhere. There just isn't enough "meat" in this game to hold my interest. I guess I'm not so much a "Cinderella" type person--more of a Wylie E. Coyote type. I miss the humor, edginess, and downright orneriness of a MCF. The minigames become somewhat more challenging as the game goes on which is a good thing. Overall, nothing comes even close to the latest MCF. Really.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Dec 2, 11 2:13 PM
This was a wonderful game to play. Wish is had been a little longer. I like FROGs, but it would have been nice to have a mix of traditional hidden object items as well.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 3, 11 8:07 AM
Finally a FROG... love Frogs and bought it just because it was a Frog. Yea, no junk piles.

So far I love it. I guess I'm lucky more games aren't FROGS or I'd be very poor. I don't buy regular HOGS anymore at all, but I have yet to miss one FROG.

Thank you Devs for a lovely FROG.

No mix... hate **** scenes they are boring and just junk piles. FROGs are so much more of a challenge.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 3, 11 8:12 AM
seahorsequeen wrote:Only played eight minutes and I'm in love,this to me is a perfect game.I loved the other two as well,but I can't and won't buy CE's so I'll just have to be patient for the SE.

I never ever buy CE's but since I no longer enjoy HOGs (junk piles) I managed to save up quite a few credits... so to use two for every FROG that comes out is easy enough because there are so few FROGS. I'm not putting down HOGS or people who enjoy them, but I've been a member since 2004 and have bought up every single HOG since then and like anything else that's overdone... I'm sick of them. I have over 200.

So until devs come up with something innovative, I'm just buying FROGS.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 3, 11 12:10 PM
I just finished this game and really enjoyed it. The scenery was so pretty. I loved looking at everything and listening to the Harry Potter type music as I was playing.

[Post New]by nancydrewfan24 on Dec 9, 11 2:02 PM
Love the Kids in this Game! I played the Demo! Very Fun. I enjoy Blue Tea Games. What about you guys?

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Dec 10, 11 12:44 AM
There are FROG's and there are FROG's. In most games you get to find some random number of things which are vaguely related to the piece you need. With the Blue Tea games they design such exquisite objects that the only way to appreciate how extrordinary they are is to put them together piece by piece. I love these games.

debzb17
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by debzb17 on Dec 10, 11 12:56 PM
I enjoyed this game and the graphics and scenery are beautiful and the plot kept things interesting

However.... Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose was one of the first HOG's I played so I will always think it's one of the best games to date.

Was this sequel worth the year long wait? Yes.
Here's hoping we don't have to wait as long for a 3rd instalment.

Happy HOG'n

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Dec 10, 11 10:54 PM
debzb17 wrote:I enjoyed this game and the graphics and scenery are beautiful and the plot kept things interesting

However.... Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose was one of the first HOG's I played so I will always think it's one of the best games to date.

Was this sequel worth the year long wait? Yes.
Here's hoping we don't have to wait as long for a 3rd instalment.

Happy HOG'n

I hope you meant 4th installment. If not you missed one... (Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince - The best one in the series, IMO.)

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jan 9, 12 5:37 PM
I'm glad I got this CE on sale and did not pay full price.
I did really like it but I thought it was only worth 6.99.
Make sure you read the stories as you earn them. You can't go back. I don't think I collected them all so my story was incomplete anyway, I think if they want 13.99-19.99 for a game you should have access to that when the game is over.

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on Feb 1, 12 8:38 PM
I really enjoyed this game, I probaly will start buying all collectors editions of period type games, because SE editions leaves me hanging, I really enjoyed the bonus content of Hansel and Gretha, am hoping that alot of the dark parables games have these type bonus at the end, am not buying collector editions of haunted house type games anymore because after the main game, I am bored.

Comments on Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen CE

[Post New]by pleckolover on Apr 6, 12 2:29 PM
[I need help...stuck trying to find goblets and planets

Go to: