sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Finished with main game.

[Post New]by sartasia on Dec 1, 11 11:25 AM
Not as short as I had assumed after demoing. Took me about 3.5 hours. I took my time, only used 2 clues and needed no skips. I even found all the morphs though the last one took me a while to find. What a lovely game. A little on the easy side but very enjoyable. Now I'm off to play the extra story. I'll update later.

Happy Gaming Fishies!!

Have now finished the extra play. Added an extra 20 minutes with a quick tale. Additional FROGs and some minis continuing into this story. The opening scene was not what I would have expected and gave me a giggle but the tale ties in with the main story in the end.
Money well spent on a delightful game.
Thanks BF and Blue Tea!

Edited on 12/01/2011 at 12:33:58 PM PST

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Finished with main game.

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 1, 11 2:01 PM
I got into Chapter 3 during the hour demo, so figured the main game would be about 3-3.5 hours. Seeing that the bonus game was 14 pages, I thought it might take over an hour, but you finished it in 20 minutes? That's disappointing.

Was it a preview to the next Dark Parables game, as the other bonus games in earlier Blue Tea games were?

Edited on 12/01/2011 at 2:03:36 PM PST

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Dec 1, 11 2:52 PM
I never go by the time it takes someone to finish a game. No one should. I mean, everyone plays at a different pace. A 3.5 hr game for one person, may end up being a 5 hr game for me. There's nothing wrong with someone stating how long it took them. But I wouldn't go by that one persons time alone. I'd wait to see a few more comments first, then kinda get a general play time average. Just saying.

[Post New]by sitngulfside on Dec 1, 11 2:53 PM
help im stuck in chapter 5 with no way to go further... I don't generally use the hints or guides, but im totally stuck.. what is supposed to be sparkling with HOS is not.... any sugguestions.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Dec 1, 11 6:15 PM
rhonayotte wrote:I never go by the time it takes someone to finish a game. No one should. I mean, everyone plays at a different pace. A 3.5 hr game for one person, may end up being a 5 hr game for me. There's nothing wrong with someone stating how long it took them. But I wouldn't go by that one persons time alone. I'd wait to see a few more comments first, then kinda get a general play time average. Just saying.

I mentioned the time as far as the main vs the bonus to show the difference in size. I agree everyone plays at their own pace but I do get a ball park idea of the size of the program by people stating how long they played. I believe vingilot was commenting as we seem to be playing at comparable rates.

vingilot wrote:I got into Chapter 3 during the hour demo, so figured the main game would be about 3-3.5 hours. Seeing that the bonus game was 14 pages, I thought it might take over an hour, but you finished it in 20 minutes? That's disappointing.

Was it a preview to the next Dark Parables game, as the other bonus games in earlier Blue Tea games were?

I really took my time in the demo since I knew I was going to buy it so I kinda poked around more than normal... . In a sense they did give a hint at the end of the extra tale of what may be coming. It was a great added extra with the challenge on the same level as the main but it was on the short side. There are extra new puzzles added in the bonus section along with the regular choices. Though the game all and all could have been longer I enjoyed it immensely as there was so much to do and it was such a joy to look at.

Edited on 12/01/2011 at 6:16:24 PM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 1, 11 8:02 PM
sitngulfside wrote:help im stuck in chapter 5 with no way to go further... I don't generally use the hints or guides, but im totally stuck.. what is supposed to be sparkling with HOS is not.... any sugguestions.

If it's not sparkling, you haven't done something that you need to do in order to trigger it.

You'll have to check the guide and see what you might have missed.

Go to: