Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

Any occult themes?

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 1, 11 2:59 PM
I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know whether the game contains any occult themes-ouiji boards, tarot cards, pentagrams, etc., especially if the player is required to interact with them. Often, the game trials don't indicate whether there are or not. Thanks so much!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Any occult themes?

[Post New]by vingilot on Dec 1, 11 3:17 PM
The Dark Parable games are (loosely) based on fairy tales. There are no occult themes in them.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 1, 11 3:21 PM
Hi vingilot,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Based on your input, I will download the trial. Thanks, again!

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Dec 1, 11 3:23 PM
Hi Itsupikachu,

I wasn't specifically paying attention to this so, I may have missed something but, I don't remember seeing any of the things you mentioned in this game.

The only things I do remember that may or may not be of concern to you, is that they call the Morphing Objects, Cursed Objects and one needs to make a sleeping potion in the Bonus game.

Edited on 12/03/2011 at 11:26:06 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 1, 11 3:34 PM
You'll be okay with it, Itsu...there's a witch in the bonus game (Hansel & Gretel), but she's just your run of the mill fairy tale witch - no spell casting or anything involved.

Edited on 12/01/2011 at 3:34:29 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 1, 11 8:36 PM
AvgSpock and textrekkie, thank you so much for your input as well. I downloaded the trial and am going to play it now. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks, again, for your help!!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Dec 1, 11 9:34 PM
No, this isn't one of those 'dark' games. This is centered more toward beautiful architecture and lighting than evil (thank God). I get kind of tired of that Goth stuff too. There is Good vs. Evil in it, but Good wins (which is kind of a rarity these days in a lot of games.)

Go to: