Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Comments for Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres

[Post New]by Bpup on Dec 2, 11 12:27 AM
Will you look at me, starting one of these threads so early in the morning!

This game's developer is Artifex Mundi, who gave us Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek, Time Mysteries: Inheritance, and Haunted Domains.

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 12:30:31 AM PST

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Comments for Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres

[Post New]by margit50 on Dec 2, 11 2:46 AM
I would like the game, but my picture is stretched across my monitor, with black bars on the top and bottom. so my picture looks distorted. when i click on aspect ratio (whatever this is), i get a small picture in the middle of my screen. i guess a no buy for me.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Dec 2, 11 6:02 AM
I've been waiting for the SE of this to come out because I really enjoyed the demo of the CE. I just finished playing, and while it is an IHOG, with mini-puzzles, it has a lot of H0 scenes, and I mean a lot. I found by the time I was nearing the end of the game, my patience with the endless H0 scenes was wearing thin and I was just using the hints instead of even bothering to search for items.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 2, 11 6:13 AM
margit50 wrote:I would like the game, but my picture is stretched across my monitor, with black bars on the top and bottom. so my picture looks distorted. when i click on aspect ratio (whatever this is), i get a small picture in the middle of my screen. i guess a no buy for me.
That means you should try setting your monitor resolution yourself. You can always change it back afterwards.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Dec 2, 11 9:42 AM
Do you know what, I demo'd this CE and can't remember it at all! I know I posted a review and stated I wouldn't buy as a CE as it was a little disappointing compared to Enigmatis... but that's all I recall

I do know I either demo'd or bought Time Mysteries: Inheritance, which was okay.

Jeez, it must be old age. I am going to (re)play this demo and I suspect purchase with a shiny new PCC, but why can't I remember more?!

p.s. Nice to see the UK spelling of "Spectre" here

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 2, 11 12:08 PM
If you don't like ****'s you have an option to do a match 3 or more. However, you must do it for a specific of time, which I found to be boring. I tried the hidden object scene and found it to be to dark and grainy. I just couldn't get interested in this game.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Dec 2, 11 6:33 PM
I really enjoyed the demo. The mini-game you played to skip the H0 was not really a match 3 -- it was one where you clicked on one color to get rid of all the marbles touching that color. I purposely tried it the first time, found it fun, and used it again when the easiest objects had all been found. My one complaint would be that, once you've started the game, you have to play it for ALL the objects you haven't found. Still, it is a nice way to rest your eyes.

In the game, I missed the note behind the stone on the family tree. Couldn't figure out any way of getting back to it, so I finally just used the word from the walkthrough. (And I did check my notes, just in case I'd picked it up without realizing it.

Think I'll get this game, even if just to find out how to get rid of those cocoons! Of course, I won't use my punch card freebies until the end of the month -- who knows, this could become a DD!

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 6:37:05 PM PST

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Dec 3, 11 12:08 PM
finished the game and really liked it..the only draw back is the ending..will not give it anyway but you are going to be surprised..

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Dec 4, 11 5:35 AM
WOW! This game is better and longer than some CEs I played. I will certainly watch out for more games from these developers.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Dec 4, 11 2:42 PM
Very dissatisfying ending. I dislike 'To Be Continued...' endings.

Besides that, pretty much enjoyed it. Very long. By the end, the H0 scenes did get tedious as someone else mentioned. I, too, just started to use the very generous hint system just to get through them more quickly.

Areal
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Areal on Dec 6, 11 2:41 PM
I hate that endings. A pity, because the game was worth, even if at first was a bit confussing. I stopped buying CE because this kind of things.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Dec 8, 11 2:14 PM
Well I can't finish my game because I did not play Expert. I get ERROR and there are no times now beside the 1800's. I am going to ask for my money back. What a waste of time and money. I am so angry!! ONLY in standard play can I finish.
WHY isn't this made clear before people buy it?? Well, I am in "standard" play so, it must be Expert we have to play.

Edited on 12/08/2011 at 2:15:15 PM PST

Ge0rgs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Ge0rgs on Dec 10, 11 9:31 AM
Excellant game lots of different and fun challanges...Hated the ending, there should be absolutely NO to be continued games unless the follow up is available.

corliss1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by corliss1 on Dec 12, 11 2:14 PM
I can't find all the nails, even when I go to walkthrough...can someone help

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 17, 12 7:59 AM
Like the game, not too dark, good graphics, enjoy the option of going
to Match 3 to find last of H0s. Great hint system, but very disappointing
ending. I wonder if the "extra play" in CE brought the story to a
better conclusion?

Will definitely look for sequel.

wariatus
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by wariatus on Jan 19, 12 4:39 AM
joyce2121 wrote:Like the game, not too dark, good graphics, enjoy the option of going
to Match 3 to find last of H0s. Great hint system, but very disappointing
ending. I wonder if the "extra play" in CE brought the story to a
better conclusion?

Will definitely look for sequel.

I guess sequel may pick up the story where this part dropped it But I am just guessing it!

Rhovannion
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Rhovannion on Feb 3, 12 8:53 AM
Very much enjoyed this game and I didn't mind the "To be continued ..." ending. However I would like to know when it is going to be continued - does anyone have any idea when the follow up might appear?

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Feb 10, 12 7:29 PM
I really loved this game ,I don't mind the HO scenes ,that;s what the game is supposed to be about ,the graffics are clear.the objects easy to find ,the hint button always ready ,and what I love the must was the time machine ,it takes you where you needed to go.....when things got out of hand for awhile was in the last chapter ,I had to uninstall and install again since I had bought the game 2 days before the update .But I managed to finish it ......Beautiful game Hope to see the sequel soon!

[Post New]by JanetMermaid on Mar 31, 12 5:20 AM
@SueD67 -- that ERROR is a PART of the game. It is not an actual error.

I enjoyed the game although I detested the "To be continued" ending. The story was entertaining, the HOGs were OK, the "bypass the HOG with this "Bejeweled-type" game was a great change-of-pace option, and the odd little touches (the statue at the top of the pillar in the Main Hall would occasionally raise one hand in the air and shrug) made it worth paying attention to all the little details.

My one beef (other than the ending) was a bug. I found that in a HOG scene if I picked up an object that I didn't need for that HOG-round I couldn't put it down. I had to pause the game then return. For example, there's one HOG where you may have to find a star but first you have to reassemble the star. If "star" is not on your HOG list during one visit to that location, and you accidentally pick up a piece of the star, you're stuck with it. Later, when you return to that location and get another HOG list that does include the star, picking up the star pieces and reassembling the star works fine.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 13, 13 5:55 AM
Yea, the sequel (at least the CE version) is out today.
Can't wait to try it.
And I do wish BFG would sticky the Comments threads.

Go to: