Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Reviews for Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres

[Post New]by Bpup on Dec 2, 11 12:32 AM
Post 'em if you've got them. Figured I'd start this thread for Reviews while I was starting the Comments thread.

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 3:06:34 AM PST

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Reviews for Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres

[Post New]by 88blyth on Dec 2, 11 12:56 AM
where is everyone?????

adrienne1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by adrienne1 on Dec 2, 11 1:29 AM
Eerily quiet. Has everyone been swallowed up by one of their spooky games? I rely on the wonderful reviews on here before deciding whether or not to dl.

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 1:32:44 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Dec 2, 11 1:33 AM
Hello all.

I demo'd the CE edition and absolutely loved it but could not afford it at the time.

For me, this game was top mf my list to buy when it came out as an SE.

Here is a link to the reviews of the CE version if it helps

Jojo

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/184788.page

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Dec 2, 11 1:40 AM
Played the demo and WOW, this could rival RTR! Dark and spooky at times but I was really amazed that I'd played nearly an hour. Off to buy .....

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Dec 2, 11 2:31 AM
Me also, Jojo. I noted down the CE because I liked it so much waiting for the SE to come out so I could buy it and I just did after playing the demo of course. Its a good game with a twist . I didn't even check the length which I usually do, but going through the demo, it felt like I didn't get very far. So I am sure it is fairly long. The graphics are excellent. The gameplay is very good . The **** scenes are kind of "junkpileish". That's the only "con" I came across. The music is good and appropriate. The minigames were challenging, but there was a quick skip button that came up if you needed it. I would rate this a 10 out of 10.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 2, 11 2:43 AM
I also demoed the CE, and loved it, but because of the disappointments I had with bonus game, was waiting for the SE to come out. This is what I wrote in the CE's review thread:

I really didn't like the first "Time Mysteries: Inheritance" game, but do own the CE for "Enigmatis" and love that game.

This game has everything I could possibly want: Voice-over, wonderful graphics, wonderfully designed iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes), interesting story/gameplay/puzzles.

The cursor does not change when I declick the "custom" cursor box. The cursor is just a fraction smaller than the one that is supposed to be the custom cursor. However, I like the cursor just the way it is. Not too large and intrusive, but informative when pointing at different objects.

As with "Enigmatis", this game also fills out all of my widescreen monitor. Something I don't get with every developer.

Thanks also to the developers for allowing us to view the whole SG (strategy guide) in the trial version.

This is definitely a buy for me.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 2, 11 3:06 AM
Hi fishies,

Thanks, Bpup! This thread has now been stickied.

What do you think of Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond and you can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres page here.

Have questions about our new reviews section? Please check this forum post and our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread. Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Dec 2, 11 4:57 AM
I demoed the CE version of this game a while back. I couldn't remember if this was a game I would've been interested in purchasing as an SE so I downloaded the newly offered SE a few minutes ago. BF is telling me that my trial period has expired. Excuse me? Since when does playing the demo of the CE cancel out playing the demo of the SE?

Edited on 12/02/2011 at 4:58:30 AM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Dec 2, 11 5:27 AM
Hi Nagster That has happened to me before. Try rebooting the computer. You can also uninstall the game and download the game again. Install it but before you play the demo, reboot your computer. See if that helps. If not contact CS.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Dec 2, 11 7:11 AM
Nyet....not a very interesting game.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 2, 11 8:50 AM
i used a credit on this game it is well worth the wait for the SE to come out..Thx BF and DEV's for all your hard work..LOve the graphics and sounds..Keep up the hard work...

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Dec 2, 11 10:18 AM
Havta say, after playing for 30 mins, it dragged a little for me. I DID play the CE demo, so it's repeating for me, but still... found it boring. I don't think I will be getting this one, even though I have a PCC free.

Shame, because Engimatis was my FAVOURITE game of the year, and I was hoping for more of the same from this dev. Still, you can't win every time

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Dec 2, 11 11:12 AM
Yosemite1956c wrote:Nyet....not a very interesting game.

yep, pretty boring for me too

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Dec 2, 11 11:13 AM
I remember when this game came out as CE and I decided then to wait for the SE to come out. Well it is here and I am thinking about buying this one. The graphics and the story line it is really tempting. I don't like the female voice-over. Sounds a little fake British. The use of HOs and Three Match is good. I notice some fishes were waiting for SE to be available.So for me the jury is still out

Edited on 12/03/2011 at 5:45:08 AM PST

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Dec 2, 11 12:12 PM
This game takes place in the 1800's. You have a choice between finding hidden objects or doing a match 3 plus game. The match game must be played for a specific amount of time which is indicated on a graph on the left side of the screen. The more you can match, the quicker you can finish the mini-game. I found that to be boring. The next scene I tried the hidden object. I found the scene to have a brownish grainy hue to it. I just didn't care for this game.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Dec 2, 11 2:19 PM
i PLAYED THIS TILL i ONLY HAD A MINUTE LEFT. I AM NOT DECIDED YET ABOUT THIS ONE. yOU HAVE TO PICK UP ANYTHING YOU THINK WILL BE NEEDED i used the fire medallion too soon so if i buy this i am going to have to start this over. i would like a little more help. I like a little more info on how to play.

Jolly6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jolly6 on Dec 2, 11 3:20 PM
I've only played the demo and left it with 4 minutes to go and bought it.
I found the story interesting enough - time travel, a family curse, some sort of magic and at least one evil something - that I had to buy it to find out how it all ends. The graphics are a bit hazy in parts, but they fit the slightly creepy feel of the old mansion and some of the spots in the past.
The mini-games so far weren't too difficult, but they were a little different from what we see in many games.
I like the option to toggle to match-3 games instead of the HOGs. I thoroughly enjoy HOGs, but it's nice to have the option.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 2, 11 4:31 PM
Horray! My budget has been saved. The CE games I could not afford are starting to be released as SE games. This was one of the top 5 on my list. Definate buy for me

Cat4636
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Cat4636 on Dec 2, 11 5:43 PM
Same old same old, with way too many **** scenes. Why buy when I can play a game I already have that's pretty much the same?

Go to: