bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Dec 2, 11 3:04 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres technical issues here only

[Post New]by petal69 on Dec 2, 11 6:54 AM
Every time I go to put the 4 lamps on the puzzle in the closet the game crashes. No probs with my computer, no probs with the rest of the game, but it crashes every time at this specific part of the game. Can't go any further. Not good.

[Post New]by wildjo on Dec 2, 11 11:13 AM
I'm having the same problem with the 4 lamps. Anyone have a solution?

[Post New]by suemart2 on Dec 2, 11 2:37 PM
having the same problem . I can't go any farther.

[Post New]by dawnsamjay2071 on Dec 2, 11 3:18 PM
Having the same problem with the lamps

[Post New]by cookiecrafter on Dec 2, 11 3:38 PM
So am I.

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Dec 2, 11 3:40 PM
My game freezes up in the tree house HOS in 1797. I have restarted the game several times, re-booted my computer and done everything I can up to this scene. This is the second time I have gotten the HOS in the tree house; the first one went fine.

I cannot do anything because the cursor is either non-existent (first time through) or immediately freezes up (second and each subsequent try). I tried it in windowed mode and quickly dragging the cursor down to the toggle button, but the cursor still froze after the HOS loaded.

The only way to regain control of my computer is by starting Task Manager.

I have Win 7 Pro SP1 64 bit
on HP with Intel i7 CPU, 2.67 GHz
9 GB Ram
1 TB HD with another 2 TB NetHDs

bfforver
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bfforver on Dec 3, 11 4:56 AM
I have the same proplem

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 3, 11 4:59 AM
Please use the green envelope on the right to let Customer Support know. They will work with you to fix the problem or give you a credit if all else fails.

Please note that posting to this forum, like the others, only tells your fellow players.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Dec 3, 11 8:17 AM
petal69 wrote:Every time I go to put the 4 lamps on the puzzle in the closet the game crashes. No probs with my computer, no probs with the rest of the game, but it crashes every time at this specific part of the game. Can't go any further. Not good.

I am having the same problem, along with several other apparently. I clicked on the "green envelope" to address this issue, and, frankly, there's no place to tell them the problem. If there is, I can't find it! Just a bunch of blah blah blah about what to do to my computer. My computer is not the problem, trust me. If anyone else knows how to tell BFG techs what is happening, I wish you would. I really like this game, but frankly, I am getting very tired of all the glitches in the games lately.

Edited on 12/03/2011 at 8:18:40 AM PST

[Post New]by kangaroo555 on Dec 3, 11 8:59 AM
I am having the same issue with placing the four lamps and the game crashing. I followed every single step, as a just in case thing, on the frequent crashing page and successfully messed up my computer. It took an hour to fix THAT. Made sure my drivers were updated, flashplayer was updated, shock player was updated. Uninstalled/reinstalled the game. Uninstalled/reinstalled the game manager. And still the same thing. I emailed customer service using the green envelope (you REALLY have to search to find where to email them on the page that comes up, after you click on the green envelope) and have been told that I will have to wait 24-72 hours for a response. Its been determined that it is NOT my computer, its the game, it needs a fix. I haven't had this type of problem with any of the other games I have downloaded.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 3, 11 9:38 AM
Hi everyone,

It sounds like many of you are experiencing a crash at the four lamps. If you could please write in to Tech Support (you can click on this link for those instructions) with a Dr. Felix report, it would really help our Support Team look into why this issue might be happening. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Dec 3, 11 11:51 AM
petal69 wrote:Every time I go to put the 4 lamps on the puzzle in the closet the game crashes. No probs with my computer, no probs with the rest of the game, but it crashes every time at this specific part of the game. Can't go any further. Not good.

same prob'

Skari
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Skari on Dec 3, 11 1:50 PM

Yep, me too. I'm sending an email to Tech Support right now.

msvlj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by msvlj on Dec 3, 11 3:49 PM
I;AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE LAMPS. EVERYTIME I GO TO PLACE THE LAMPS THE GAME CRASHES WHY PLEASE HELP I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME. VANESSA JOHNSON A DEVOTED GAME MEMBER

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Dec 3, 11 4:09 PM
Just so everybody knows who is having the same problems with the lamps as I am. I have sent in a Dr. Felix report to customer service. Should find something out by Monday at the latest. Will keep everyone posted.

[Post New]by kangaroo555 on Dec 3, 11 7:25 PM
Since I didn't want to wait to play, I went to look at the CE forum for this game. Somebody in THAT version had the same problem with the lamps. That person said that they started a new game using a different name, leaving the original name and game there, do NOT delete it. And the lamp part worked with the new name and game. Just tried it, it did work.

adrienne1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by adrienne1 on Dec 4, 11 2:58 AM
As this problem was reported with the CE edition it beggars belief that the same is now happening in the SE!!!!!! Get a grip BFG

[Post New]by himart on Dec 4, 11 9:00 AM
My game freezes in the 1797 HOS in the tree house. Three times i have tried and the curser freezes- I reinstalled, no help. One time I was forced to reboot. No help.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 4, 11 10:24 AM
Hi himart,

If uninstalling and reinstalling your game didn't help, you may want to give the other steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your cursor is still freezing after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Go to: