sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

Exclusive CE content?

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 2, 11 11:32 AM
Trying to decide whether to purchase or not. Can someone tell me what is exclusive to the CE:

the morphing objects
the parable coins you have to collect

Are either of these just in the CE. Also, is there an achievement/badge system? Thanks.

Avalon68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Exclusive CE content?

[Post New]by Avalon68 on Dec 2, 11 11:39 AM
Hi, SillyFeet!

I think the CE is worth it...the parable "coins" which, when collected in full, give you various backstories pertinent to this game. The bonus game is great, too!

There are no achievement awards like you'd find in games like Drawn.

If you haven't played the previous two Dark Parables games (Curse of Briar Rose and Frog Prince), please play those first. They'll give you a feel for this game and the series.

Hope this helps you

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 2, 11 6:38 PM
There's no need to play the other two first - this is a different story independent of the others.

The exclusive content is the bonus story, Hansel and Gretel (which is not a show stopper...it's on the short side), wallpapers, concept art, music.

The Parable "coins" are not exclusive to the CE. Neither are the morphing objects (you will only see them if you play in Casual or Normal play modes - not in Hard mode). No achievements. Most of the puzzles are repetitious and boring.

If I had it to do over, I'd wait for the SE.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Dec 2, 11 7:34 PM
textrekkie wrote:If I had it to do over, I'd wait for the SE.

We purchased the CE because, we simply could not wait to play it! This is one of the best seies of games that we have played.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Dec 2, 11 10:35 PM
For those that have finished the game, can anyone tell me if the bonus wallpapers are beautiful? I know not many people are interested in wallpapers but I am an art lover and I do like beautiful wallpapers as I use them on my desktop.
So can anyone let me know before I get the CE?
Thanks!!

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Dec 2, 11 11:35 PM
Hi Barregar, I just looked at the wallpapers to see what they looked like-I have to say, they're not that impressive-there's six screen shots, the nicest being the palace shot you see on the main menu page. No characters, just backrounds. It might have been nice to see a character or two in the wallpapers. The graphic quality is lovely of course, as it is throughout the game. Not blown away by them.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Dec 2, 11 11:39 PM
Chumface, I'm with you-I love this series, and just couldn't wait for the SE! I did like the extra story too-it may be a bit short, but I thought it was good, and I like how it ties in with the main game. I'm glad I bought it, but I don't think SE buyers will be disappointed either.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Dec 3, 11 12:36 AM
And heads up, the new version you can now install lets you find the morphing objects in hard mode

Avalon68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon68 on Dec 3, 11 3:38 AM
textrekkie wrote:There's no need to play the other two first - this is a different story independent of the others.

You're right, Tex...there's no need to play the other two Dark Parables games first; I suggested it so one could get the feel for this game series. They're also so beautiful and fun, why miss out?

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Dec 3, 11 3:35 PM
Thank you, brooklynblonde, for taking the time to answer my question.
Most appreciated.
The graphics in this game are so lovely that I just have to buy the CE.
Worth every penny I am sure.

Go to: