bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Dec 4, 11 12:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Post any 9: The Dark Side Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 4, 11 12:22 AM
The game downloaded and installed ok, or so it seemed. I click play, the screen goes black with an egg timer and it sits there. Nothing more happens. I'm going to uninstall/reinstall and see. I'll come back with an update.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 4, 11 12:30 AM
No change. The game doesn't run. Black screen, egg timer and nothing else. Shame. I'll see how the forum develops.
Oh, and I have literally hundreds of games that play without an issue so I don't think it's me.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 4, 11 1:32 AM
A third install doesn't wok either. If I press the windows key to get back to my desktop it is running on the taskbar as 'AppWndTitle'. If I cloe that it retuns to the GM and has counted down the time but it will not play at all.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Dec 4, 11 2:06 AM
nomatt wrote:A third install doesn't wok either. If I press the windows key to get back to my desktop it is running on the taskbar as 'AppWndTitle'. If I cloe that it retuns to the GM and has counted down the time but it will not play at all.

Sorry you are having this very odd problem. I'll bet the Customer Service people can help with it, but of course not till Mon. morning.
Never heard of anything like it, but I agree it's surely not on your end.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Dec 4, 11 2:54 AM
I downloaded this game - no problems, BUT it showed in Game Manager as 'Time Expired' . Uninstalled & re D/L, but same again....I'll contact techies tomorrow..!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 4, 11 3:11 AM
My PC has dual boot. Tried it with windows 7 and it works very well. Lovely game, just doesn't seem to like my XP installation.
Edit, the only other difference is my XP uses the old GM, windows 7 the newer one?

Edited on 12/04/2011 at 3:13:07 AM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 4, 11 3:52 AM
nomatt wrote:My PC has dual boot. Tried it with windows 7 and it works very well. Lovely game, just doesn't seem to like my XP installation.
Edit, the only other difference is my XP uses the old GM, windows 7 the newer one?

I d/l-ed on two of our pcs but they both have the new GM. One is running XP and the other Win7 and I haven't had any problems with either of them. Both d/led and played fine. The XP is on an older HP and the Win7 is a new eMachines. Maybe the old GM, it is hard to tell. I'm sure CS will do all they can to help you, just sorry you have to wait until Monday!
BK

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Dec 4, 11 4:41 AM
D/L fine, but freezes on "loading" screen, after the intro movie. Needed Task Manager to end it. Timer went down, though. Won't waste time with this.

Win 7, home prem, 64 bit.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 4, 11 5:40 AM
Trigger51 wrote:D/L fine, but freezes on "loading" screen, after the intro movie. Needed Task Manager to end it. Timer went down, though. Won't waste time with this.

Win 7, home prem, 64 bit.

I too own a Win7, 64-bit laptop, and had no trouble with the game at all - at least not for the one hour I played the demo.

Pasha666
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Pasha666 on Dec 4, 11 5:58 AM
I have same problem as Trigger51, games opens fine but when I hit play it freezes on loading screen. I also have Win7 w/64 bit system. Have tried twice w/same result.

Have not encountered this problem with other games.

After running an errand I deleted and reloaded game and so far it seems to be working.

Edited on 12/04/2011 at 9:46:04 AM PST

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Dec 4, 11 7:45 AM
The game occasionally freezes. If you wait a few seconds, it starts to run again. One time it didn't and I had to go out and come back in. Not something you want in any game, but especially a CE, which seems to be the norm nowadays. I haven't had this problem with any other game. Seems there's a slight glitch in this one.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Dec 4, 11 7:54 AM
manticore wrote:I downloaded this game - no problems, BUT it showed in Game Manager as 'Time Expired' . Uninstalled & re D/L, but same again....I'll contact techies tomorrow..!

Had another go at uninstalling & re D/L - this time I have a 'Play' button, but it comes up with a little window ''Failed to execute target process. (Error code 5)''...

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Dec 4, 11 7:59 AM
Played fine through normal game, But during the extra content, at the mini game when you go down in the hole where you collect the grappling hook, mini game is blank white screen, and when leaving the hole, all white screen. Went out of extra play and back in, same thing :-(

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Dec 4, 11 8:11 AM
I'm so sorry for all of you who are having these problems. But take heart and just think, when they are all sorted out you have a really great game to look forward to, even though you will have to wait a while. Maybe that will make it all the sweeter.

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Game Freezes

[Post New]by mrssharon on Dec 4, 11 9:16 AM
I was playing the demo just fine until I tried to work the puzzle on the door by the knights. Moved a couple of the pieces, reset, moved a couple more, then the game froze and I had to bring up Task Manager to get out of the game. Sounds like the game freezes randomly. I'm running XP on a Dell and don't usually have any problems with it.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 4, 11 11:50 AM
Hi Trigger51, LKlimo, and mrssharon:

If your game is still freezing, lagging, or if you're running into any other performance issues, please check to see if there are any updates available for your system's video card drivers and/or other graphics software. Please refer to the following help article for help on finding these updates:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If everything's up to date and you're still experiencing these issues, please contact Tech Support, and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by dixieangels on Dec 4, 11 1:14 PM
I don't know where to go with this problem, have never had it before, but when I go to the page to download this game for a trial, there is NO BUY or TRIAL BUTTON . Has anyone else ever had this problem? I have signed out of my account, signed back in, used my husband's desktop computer and still no go. HELP!!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 4, 11 1:48 PM
Hi dixieangels,

This game is currently our Tomorrow's Game Today, which means that it is available only to our Game Club members. If you are a member and aren't able to view the 'Buy' or 'Try' buttons, please check to make sure that there aren't any issues with your current payment method -- non-expired debit/credit card, correct billing address, etc.

If you've already checked this and are still having troubles, please contact our Customer Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 1:41:16 PM PST

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Dec 4, 11 3:27 PM
game keeps freezing up on me, have to escape out or start over, gets old, it's a good game if it wasn't for that. did not find an update for bugs or glitches. Needs worked on. It seems to be happening to more than one.

Go to: